July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

ladylawyer1221
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby ladylawyer1221 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Devlin wrote:
3L Student wrote:The Houston location was a joke. Parking was horrible. And the proctors took more than 30 mins after each section to count the tests and get started again. That essentially meant 8:30am to 1:10pm without food, water or bathroom breaks (unless you wanted to take 5+ minutes out of the MPT or P&E part). And I couldn't understand a word that the proctor was saying during the instructions that lasted forever!! Anyways, other than that things were fine.

I hope every single person that cut the line on Kirby fails the Bar.


lol YES

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Did anybody get a confirmation email/text after uploading their exam? I got the green screen but nothing since then. I saw one or two people in the February thread say that they got a text confirmation so I'm just wondering if it's something I should worry about or not.

User avatar
kiwi4president
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby kiwi4president » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 pm

Yeah, I got a confirmation by text and email after I uploaded even though it was late.

Stevoman
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Stevoman » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

I got an email, but no text.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 pm

After having a mini panic attack I went and refreshed my email and it came through haha. Thanks guys

Neff
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:29 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Neff » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:10 pm

I know both MBE and essays are weighted at 40%, but I do feel like tomorrow is our chance to seal the deal. Barbri focuses so heavily on MBE that I feel this is our chance to get ahead. Whereas essays I feel like are way more of a crapshoot. Dunno, maybe I'm wrong. But my hunch is that those of us who have followed Barbri/Themis are expected to stand out in a field where not everyone has paid for bar prep or worked their butt off doing 2000 MCs. No pressure though. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5701
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby BVest » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Greenandgold wrote:After having a mini panic attack I went and refreshed my email and it came through haha. Thanks guys


I was going to point out that many of my examsoft emails have been marked as potential spam, but I'm glad yours came through.

jamescastle
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:58 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby jamescastle » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Neff wrote:I know both MBE and essays are weighted at 40%, but I do feel like tomorrow is our chance to seal the deal. Barbri focuses so heavily on MBE that I feel this is our chance to get ahead. Whereas essays I feel like are way more of a crapshoot. Dunno, maybe I'm wrong. But my hunch is that those of us who have followed Barbri/Themis are expected to stand out in a field where not everyone has paid for bar prep or worked their butt off doing 2000 MCs. No pressure though. Good luck everyone!

From a statistics perspective I think it makes sense to grind hard on the MBE because you can prepare more for it than essays. We know we're gonna have two family law and community property essays but we don't know what they're gonna be in and both of those are fairly big subjects. On the other hand we know exactly how many torts questions we're gonna get and we know the historical breakdown of what topics those questions test.
I don't know; that's how I looked at it. I worked super hard on the MBE. I never got where I wanted but I hope I got enough to where I don't have to sweat out my complete lack of knowledge in a few essay topics.

TXLawHopeful15
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TXLawHopeful15 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 pm

WTH!!!! That shit was HORRIBLE! No chance in passing this exam now.....what a kick in the nuts! I especially like how it was like 90 degrees in there for the first half of the afternoon session. AWESOME

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:24 pm

I'll be honest, during the exam I felt like that was just as tough as barbri questions and I was kind of worried. But after each section today I went and counted how many of the questions I had marked that I wasn't all that sure of my answer, and then went back to my hotel and compared it to the number I marked in the barbri simulated MBE and the number was more than 20 questions lower today. Point being, even if you felt really crappy coming out of today's test, there's a decent chance it's just because you were just second guessing yourself on everything since this was the one that counts. I know I was.

CorgisRock
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby CorgisRock » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:50 pm

Any ideas based on prior exams what essays will be/won't be there tomorrow?

TxBarTaker09
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby TxBarTaker09 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:51 pm

You can't sweat the MBE now guys, work on resting up and doing any prep you think you need to for the exams tomorrow. Stay calm.

Stevoman
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Stevoman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:57 pm

I felt like my AM session was a lot harder than my PM session, but overall felt I did about the same as I normally do after a barbri set. I'll take it.

User avatar
jwe-houston
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby jwe-houston » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Seems like they swap morning and afternoon sets. Morning was good. I thought it was easier than afternoon and both were easier than Barbri. There were a few WTF moments, and one *obvious* mismatch between prompt and answer choices.

tianziwansui
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:27 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby tianziwansui » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

i had lots of the same letter in a row lol. not that i base my answers off of that...but it makes you wonder.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby mtyler19 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Neff wrote:Still don't know anything about commercial paper. What are the three or four most common tests/rules I should regurgitate just so I'll have something to write? You don't have to recite everything. Just name it and I'll go look it up. Thanks in advance.


Can someone awesome do this for wills/estates?? I literally feel like I know nothing and am kind of in a panic.

User avatar
dsb83
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dsb83 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:10 pm

Did you do Barbri? Johanson has a nice summary of topics with frequency tested at the end of the handout. I'd work off that.

jamescastle
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:58 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby jamescastle » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:15 pm

tianziwansui wrote:i had lots of the same letter in a row lol. not that i base my answers off of that...but it makes you wonder.

haha. same for me, especially in the PM session.

Overall I didn't feel that good on the AM session but felt I did better on the PM session. It was as hard as BARBRI but two things make it way worse: 1) as already alluded to, this one obviously counts; and 2) we don't get instant score reports like we do otherwise (think this was mentioned yesterday as well).
Anyway, good luck tomorrow guys. Off to re-learn wills/estate, real property/oil/gas, business associations, and family law/community property, and hope my minimal knowledge of UCC and consumer law is okay.

User avatar
jwe-houston
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby jwe-houston » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:17 pm

mtyler19 wrote:
Neff wrote:Still don't know anything about commercial paper. What are the three or four most common tests/rules I should regurgitate just so I'll have something to write? You don't have to recite everything. Just name it and I'll go look it up. Thanks in advance.


Can someone awesome do this for wills/estates?? I literally feel like I know nothing and am kind of in a panic.


Commercial paper:
Know these...
§ Holders in Due Course
§ Forgery
§ Negotiability
§ Blank Indorsements
§ Warranties
§ Shelter Rule
§ Holder Status/Negotiation
§ Not Properly Payable
...to answer these 2 questions:
§ Alteration
§ Impostor Rule

https://quizlet.com/87434529/111tx-essa ... ash-cards/

Wills:
□ Execution of Wills
□ Will Probate
□ Testamentary Capacity

https://quizlet.com/87433876/111tx-essa ... ash-cards/

User avatar
dsb83
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby dsb83 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:17 pm

Here are the major topics form wills in the order I would prioritize them:

1. Intestate Succession (has been on 1 in 2 exams since 1992)
2. Lapsed Gifts/120 Hour rule
3. Pretermitted Children
4. Execution and revocation of wills.
5. Will Contests (Undue influence and capacity)

jamescastle
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:58 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby jamescastle » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:22 pm

Also really hating the "YAY WE'RE DONE" folks tonight. Like really really hating them.

User avatar
Greenandgold
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Greenandgold » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 pm

jamescastle wrote:Also really hating the "YAY WE'RE DONE" folks tonight. Like really really hating them.


Lol, yea, that part really sucks.

Stevoman
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Stevoman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:35 pm

Also, major nerd post incoming... There was a question in my PM session where there is a currently a pretty sharp circuit split over the answer, and SCOTUS recently denied cert over resolving. I really hope that was an experimental question, because that's some major BS if that was a real question and they expected us to choose a "right" answer when there is none.

User avatar
Devlin
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Devlin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Stevoman wrote:Also, major nerd post incoming... There was a question in my PM session where there is a currently a pretty sharp circuit split over the answer, and SCOTUS recently denied cert over resolving. I really hope that was an experimental question, because that's some major BS if that was a real question and they expected us to choose a "right" answer when there is none.

You know non-BarBri taught law? Auto pass.

Stevoman
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Postby Stevoman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Devlin wrote:
Stevoman wrote:Also, major nerd post incoming... There was a question in my PM session where there is a currently a pretty sharp circuit split over the answer, and SCOTUS recently denied cert over resolving. I really hope that was an experimental question, because that's some major BS if that was a real question and they expected us to choose a "right" answer when there is none.

You know non-BarBri taught law? Auto pass.

Hah, barely. It's a case that was covered on a blog I read.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JJAB, MSNbot Media, rcharter1978, thexfactor and 8 guests