July 2015 Texas Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JulyTXBar

New

July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Post by JulyTXBar » Mon May 25, 2015 3:36 pm

Let's use this space to bond and support each other for the July exam. I am taking Themis, and although it's quite difficult getting motivated, I'm trucking along.

Greenandgold

Bronze

Re: July 2015 Texas Bar Exam

Post by Greenandgold » Mon May 25, 2015 4:29 pm

I'll jump in on this. I'm taking Barbri. At this point I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing other than starting to watch the lectures tomorrow.

JulyTXBar

New

Post by JulyTXBar » Mon May 25, 2015 6:06 pm

Greenandgold wrote:I'll jump in on this. I'm taking Barbri. At this point I really don't know what I'm supposed to be doing other than starting to watch the lectures tomorrow.
I'm assuming you're newly starting tomorrow. Although, We're already one week in with Themis, I can confidently say that I have not retained anything.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 pm

Checking in. Doing BARBRI.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Tue May 26, 2015 1:30 pm

BVest wrote:Checking in. Doing BARBRI.
In person classes or online? I'm doing online but I do wonder what the in person classes are like

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Devlin

Silver

Post by Devlin » Tue May 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Barbri check in. Watched K & Sales I today at various 1.5, 1.75 and 2x speeds. Don't really see myself ever going to the class which is thirty minutes away.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Tue May 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Greenandgold wrote:
BVest wrote:Checking in. Doing BARBRI.
In person classes or online? I'm doing online but I do wonder what the in person classes are like
In-person class. They're exactly like the online, except that there are banquet rounds (i.e. the room is not even set classroom style) with 6-8 chairs each, plus a water station in the back of the room.

And the in-person classes that are not in Houston or Austin are actually just livestreams from the Houston in-person class.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

texlaw

New

Post by texlaw » Tue May 26, 2015 4:13 pm

Checking in, doing Themis. I'm already struggling to keep up. We were supposed to have completed three Consumer Law essays by now, and I've only done one.

JulyTXBar

New

Post by JulyTXBar » Tue May 26, 2015 5:01 pm

texlaw wrote:Checking in, doing Themis. I'm already struggling to keep up. We were supposed to have completed three Consumer Law essays by now, and I've only done one.
How did that one go? I've done two, and I feel like I'm all over the place with my structure.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

texlaw

New

Post by texlaw » Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 am

JulyTXBar wrote:
texlaw wrote:Checking in, doing Themis. I'm already struggling to keep up. We were supposed to have completed three Consumer Law essays by now, and I've only done one.
How did that one go? I've done two, and I feel like I'm all over the place with my structure.
I made my own condensed outline (~5 pages) based on the lecture notes, and I structured my answers based on that. I'm doing open book / open notes exams for now.

I wrote a second essay last night. Now for another set of MBEs. This is so much fun :x

texlaw

New

Post by texlaw » Thu May 28, 2015 10:58 am

By the way, has anyone received any mail from the Texas Board of Law Examiners lately? I haven't received anything from them since they requested my fingerprints & birth certificate back in January. I suppose no news should be good news, but the silence is a bit uncomfortable.

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Sun May 31, 2015 6:04 pm

texlaw wrote:By the way, has anyone received any mail from the Texas Board of Law Examiners lately? I haven't received anything from them since they requested my fingerprints & birth certificate back in January. I suppose no news should be good news, but the silence is a bit uncomfortable.
Nothing here, but I have definitely been worrying about it a little bit. Glad to know that others are in the same boat and so we're probably fine. Just gotta keep an eye out for our admission tickets in a month or so.

Kiwi3891

New

Post by Kiwi3891 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:13 am

I called the BLE a month ago. They said they had everything they needed except from the certification from the law school. So you won't hear anything until after the certification. And they confirmed everything was good to go until them. So you might want to speak with them to make sure all your papers/apps are in order.

I'm taking Kaplan online and working full time and did law school in the evenings after a 9+ hour work day. I am having a hard time trying to keep pace. The lectures and filling out the notes seem to be taking a lot longer than the time they posted online. :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Devlin

Silver

Post by Devlin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Disappointed in BarBri for the lack of flow charts for Wills. They make flow charts for the easiest of topics but when you get a prime flowchart situation with intestate succession they drop the ball.

texlaw

New

Post by texlaw » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:55 am

For those using a laptop for the bar exam: According to the Examsoft website, the window to download the software is June 5 - June 15.

ei.examsoft.com/GKWeb/login/txbar

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:14 pm

And BLE just sent out usernames and passwords along with a reminder that examsoft will be available Friday:
You will receive an email on Friday, June 5th, from this email account, notifying you that your ExamSoft account is open. If you do not receive an email by 3:00 p.m. Friday, June 5th, please contact your Licensure Analyst immediately.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greenandgold

Bronze

Post by Greenandgold » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Has everyone else gotten that email? I haven't received anything yet.

Edit: This worried me enough to go ahead and call and ask. My licensure analyst said to just call back if it hadn't come through by morning, but that everything was fine and it just takes them a little while to get all of the emails out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 pm

Got my ExamSoft email today from the BLE and did the ExamSoft thing.

Here are the steps as I did them:

Verify System Requirements
Pay for SofTest (Confirmation email follows)
Download
Install
Register SofTest with BLE login info (Registration confirmation email + 4 Exam Download confirmation emails follow)
Take Practice Exam
Complete Exam, Upload Answer File, and get Greeen Screen (Received Answer File confirmation email, but it took like 10 minutes)

BTW, the first confirmation email I got went to spam on gmail (sender domain is examsoft.com).

bmili

Bronze

Post by bmili » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:06 pm

BVest wrote:Got my ExamSoft email today from the BLE and did the ExamSoft thing.

Here are the steps as I did them:

Verify System Requirements
Pay for SofTest (Confirmation email follows)
Download
Install
Register SofTest with BLE login info (Registration confirmation email + 4 Exam Download confirmation emails follow)
Take Practice Exam
Complete Exam, Upload Answer File, and get Greeen Screen (Received Answer File confirmation email, but it took like 10 minutes)

BTW, the first confirmation email I got went to spam on gmail (sender domain is examsoft.com).
With the mock exam, do we just download it and upload it blank? Is there something we are actually supposed to complete?

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

bmili wrote: With the mock exam, do we just download it and upload it blank? Is there something we are actually supposed to complete?
I typed nonsense into mine.

Stevoman

Bronze

Post by Stevoman » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Another BarBri student checking in. I'm terribly far behind already and it's only week two...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JulyTXBar

New

Post by JulyTXBar » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:03 pm

Is it me, or is Oil and Gas law insufferable?

texlaw

New

Post by texlaw » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:40 pm

JulyTXBar wrote:Is it me, or is Oil and Gas law insufferable?
I was actually getting inspired to drill an oil well in my backyard in the hopes of striking it rich... until he got to the part about needing a 40-acre tract of land to do so.

Back to trying to become a lawyer...

BearLaw

Bronze

Post by BearLaw » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:56 pm

JulyTXBar wrote:Is it me, or is Oil and Gas law insufferable?
Oil and gas is great. Family law is insufferable.

Benjamin1987

Bronze

Post by Benjamin1987 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:32 pm

Barbri participant here - anyone else getting tired for the "we're Texas so we have to be different" joke, EVERY TIME Texas deviates from the majority rule?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”