NY July 2015 Support Group

iwantmybar

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby iwantmybar » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:56 am

trustmouse83 wrote:The finish line is in sight, gentlemen.

How are the nerves all holding up as we, (potentially) enter the final week?

I still refresh this forum (which is so helpful btw ) every hour :)

It's a weird feeling, I don't really want to know the results since I kind of know I failed (I'm not trying to be whiny or to do some self-pity ) because i'm a foreign student whose native language isn't english, missed too many issues on too many essays and so on..

At the moment i'm like "well, I have probably failed but I'm still in the game anyways" so i'm not crying but I can't imagine how lost i'm gonna be later this week or next week (or november :twisted: ).

trustmouse83

Postby trustmouse83 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:08 am

Nah, it'll be this week I think. Late this week.
And besides, you can miss tons of issues in the essays and make it up on the MBE.
You just never know, don't give up hope, hope is all I have left.

starryski

Postby starryski » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:33 am

i just can't imagine how ill feel when i have to tell my coworker and the partners that i failed. i'm going to feel so :oops: . i feel that taking it in feb would be more stressful because i would HAVE to pass then. i have imagined though failing a second time...i don't see how i could pass this test.

iwantmybar

Postby iwantmybar » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:23 am

trustmouse83 wrote:Nah, it'll be this week I think. Late this week.
And besides, you can miss tons of issues in the essays and make it up on the MBE.
You just never know, don't give up hope, hope is all I have left.

Yep, hope !

To be fair I don't think anything is going to be released this week though.

BarTaker

Postby BarTaker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:03 pm

I wish all of you have as many "Pass" as snowflakes have fallen in Central New York! :D

advoc8

Postby advoc8 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Guys, I hate to break it to you, but we are getting our results in November. I called in earlier today and asked them if they received my application packet. BTW, in 2nd department you can submit everything before you get your results as long as you send in the certification form once you pass. Anyways, lady told me she hasn't received my packet and then asked me when I took my bar exam. I told her July 2015. She said they wont process or even look at my application until they get my results. She then accidentally spilled out that "when you get your results in November, we will process the application if you passed."

moreheesh

Postby moreheesh » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:12 pm

advoc8 wrote:Guys, I hate to break it to you, but we are getting our results in November. I called in earlier today and asked them if they received my application packet. BTW, in 2nd department you can submit everything before you get your results as long as you send in the certification form once you pass. Anyways, lady told me she hasn't received my packet and then asked me when I took my bar exam. I told her July 2015. She said they wont process or even look at my application until they get my results. She then accidentally spilled out that "when you get your results in November, we will process the application if you passed."

likely means nothing, seeing as how it came from someone on the staff who spilled the "beans" so casually

cocoabean250

Postby cocoabean250 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:16 pm

moreheesh wrote:
advoc8 wrote:Guys, I hate to break it to you, but we are getting our results in November. I called in earlier today and asked them if they received my application packet. BTW, in 2nd department you can submit everything before you get your results as long as you send in the certification form once you pass. Anyways, lady told me she hasn't received my packet and then asked me when I took my bar exam. I told her July 2015. She said they wont process or even look at my application until they get my results. She then accidentally spilled out that "when you get your results in November, we will process the application if you passed."

I'm seriously unable to comprehend this right now. My anxiety will not allow this.

moreheesh wrote:
advoc8 wrote: likely means nothing, seeing as how it came from someone on the staff who spilled the "beans" so casually

This. I like this.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:17 pm

November is their party line. It's what's posted on the website. It could still be earlier. Or it could be November. I don't know why you guys want to find out sooner that your life is ruined. I'd prefer to wait.

cocoabean250

Postby cocoabean250 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Danger Zone wrote:November is their party line. It's what's posted on the website. It could still be earlier. Or it could be November. I don't know why you guys want to find out sooner that your life is ruined. I'd prefer to wait.

I'd rather know what I'm dealing with than sit in a cloud of uncertainty any longer. If I have to repeat, I want to goddamn know so I can plan. If not, I at least know I'll be licensed and life will be just a little less stressful.

BarTaker

Postby BarTaker » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:39 pm

advoc8 wrote:She then accidentally spilled out that "when you get your results in November, we will process the application if you passed."

Quite interesting considering July 2015 has had the lowest number of law graduates who took the Bar since 2006. Less people and more time to release results?!

advoc8

Postby advoc8 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Do you think they care? They do not care. They will do it as they see fit. They can give a rats us about students with 100k debt.

jtvforceg2

Postby jtvforceg2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi, I'm a lurker on this board(took the NY July 2015 bar of the first time, I believe I failed because of the mbe). My anxiety led me to calling Boles main office where one of their reps said that we will not receive the results until Mid November. I asked flat out and she was open about it. Good luck to all, hopefully I passed this test somehow.

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:50 pm

For what it's worth by November, she was referring to this - http://www.yelp.com/biz/wine-in-november-new-york-2, which is where exam takers typically go after getting their results and before submitting their c&f materials.

lspa2015

Postby lspa2015 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:29 pm

jtvforceg2 wrote:Hi, I'm a lurker on this board(took the NY July 2015 bar of the first time, I believe I failed because of the mbe). My anxiety led me to calling Boles main office where one of their reps said that we will not receive the results until Mid November. I asked flat out and she was open about it. Good luck to all, hopefully I passed this test somehow.

She actually may have just been giving you an answer that is consistent with what is posted on the website:

http://www.nybarexam.org/faq/faq.htm#release

You may have actually gotten accurate info and they may not come out until mid-November, but it's just as likely that the rep on the phone was giving an answer that is consistent with what is posted on their website (mid-November).

jtvforceg2

Postby jtvforceg2 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:36 pm

lspa2015 wrote:
jtvforceg2 wrote:Hi, I'm a lurker on this board(took the NY July 2015 bar of the first time, I believe I failed because of the mbe). My anxiety led me to calling Boles main office where one of their reps said that we will not receive the results until Mid November. I asked flat out and she was open about it. Good luck to all, hopefully I passed this test somehow.

She actually may have just been giving you an answer that is consistent with what is posted on the website:

You may have actually gotten accurate info and they may not come out until mid-November, but it's just as likely that the rep on the phone was giving an answer that is consistent with what is posted on their website (mid-November).

Well, she didn't preface the info with "historically, or normally." She said the July 2015 results will be out in mid November. I hope you're right, but my interpretation of the convo was that they would definitely be released in mid nov.

fabiesq

Postby fabiesq » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:40 pm

I cant believe it will take till November, and hate the fact that I might have to pay again :?

cocoabean250

Postby cocoabean250 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:25 pm

It would be really odd for them to come out so late considering last year it was on October 26th and this year way less applicants took it. So I'd think it'd be the 30th at the absolute latest given that.

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:39 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone is going nuts over what the woman at the BOLE office is saying. Of course she has to say mid-November because it's in line with what's on their website. I would honestly be shocked if people calling got anything different.

It's been near the end of October for the past few years. It'll likely be the same this year. Like the middle of next week (my prediction).

GodFavor2010

Postby GodFavor2010 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:11 am

FWIW, given the application window opens on November 1, 2015 per the url below:

http://www.nybarexam.org

Online Application(closed)
opens November 1, 2015

Results more than likely will post prior to this date. Just a thought.

BarTaker

Postby BarTaker » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:12 am

Maybe the results will be released in Mid-November because they want to check again the exams so more people can pass, no?! :roll: :wink:

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:13 am

lspa2015 wrote:

This. I remember people trying to call the LSAC trying to get LSAT release days, and they always say it's going to be released on the final day allowed, but it ended up coming like the next day, 10 days early or something.

Next Monday is a solid possibility. Just have both carbonated wine and hard liquor on hand this week, to get through this hell one way or the other.

starryski

Postby starryski » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:25 am

i kinda of dont want to know i failed because it's going to be hard to tell everyone at work, but i definitely DONT want to wait until mid-november. god.

lucilledeux

Postby lucilledeux » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:27 am

How much can you miss on an essay and still get a passable score? I didn't know the rules on a few sub-parts and either made something up or said something vaguely relevant. Trying to prepare myself for whatever is coming. I did OK on the barbri mbe, but the real thing felt awful.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 am

lucilledeux wrote:How much can you miss on an essay and still get a passable score? I didn't know the rules on a few sub-parts and either made something up or said something vaguely relevant. Trying to prepare myself for whatever is coming. I did OK on the barbri mbe, but the real thing felt awful.

I mean there are so many variables out there. What level of issue did you miss, how much you wrote on the issues you did get, what your NYMC/MPT were, how bored your grader was. No way to know.

What was your MBE?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”