NY July 2015 Support Group

trustmouse83

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:42 am

I actually have taken and failed the exam multiple times before, so this is very much last chance saloon for me.
I did already have the experience of failing and having to go into work. It's non-law related work, actually, which makes it 10 times harder to go to, knowing that in all likelihood you might be stuck there forever!

Ugh, I am so ready to be done.

starryski

Postby starryski » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:23 am

PA is getting their results today at 4pm. I am so nervous for them. I keep imagining I failed and then failing again next year. I don't know how I would be able to deal with failing. I am on the verge of tears.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

marztri

Postby marztri » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:16 am

starryski wrote:PA is getting their results today at 4pm. I am so nervous for them. I keep imagining I failed and then failing again next year. I don't know how I would be able to deal with failing. I am on the verge of tears.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Surprisingly if you fail and you want it bad enough, you will deal with it, process and re sit. Failing was hard for me but taught me how to deal with things when it doesn't go to plan. This time around I expect to have a very good chance of passing, so if I didn't failing would be harder. The waiting is a killer.

thesteelers

Postby thesteelers » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:38 am

trustmouse83 wrote:I actually have taken and failed the exam multiple times before, so this is very much last chance saloon for me.
I did already have the experience of failing and having to go into work. It's non-law related work, actually, which makes it 10 times harder to go to, knowing that in all likelihood you might be stuck there forever!

Ugh, I am so ready to be done.

I'm in the exact same boat. And I also have no plans to check the morning they come out if I'm at work (also non-law related).

It's gotten to the point where I'm wondering if I should strategically take Rescue Remedy, wait an hour, and then open the email. Otherwise, I'm avoiding TLS most of the time and accepting that I'm not going to be a lawyer, and exploring other career paths and trying to get genuinely excited about one of them. This is the ONLY way I can cope with getting that email in my inbox. I am trying to re-train my mind to not have any expectations of being a lawyer, and actually get fixated on something else and get excited about it.

So far whenever I try to do this, I start feeling despair, depression and self-loathing.

I have partially convinced myself that being a high school teacher would be an easy gig and I could work on writing a novel in my considerable free time...and in fact, working on the novel helps me feel at least a little interested in something that isn't law. It's the only way I can distract myself from the kind of anxiety that I know we are all experiencing.

Uk_Law15

Postby Uk_Law15 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello Folks,

Anyone heard when the results will be published? Presumably this should be soon (within the next fortnight? ) if the board will be continuing the trend of releasing results earlier every year.

Any ideas if we get an email advising that the results will be published or do we get hit with the results when released?

Thanks

laduper

Postby laduper » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Hey team -

Checking in. Hope everyone is holding up as best they can. I didn't feel too awful after the MBE, but my anxiety is extraordinary because I didn't finish one of the essays (probably about half of it and outlined the issue statements for the remainder) or the MPT (probably about 80-90% of it). Do most people finish all of the essays? I did during the practice, but think that the combo of test-day anxiety, the freezing temperature of the room, and... whatever else... combined to make that impossible. I did my NY multiple choice first, so did finish all of those.

Deep breaths.

xlawschoolhopefulx

Postby xlawschoolhopefulx » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:01 am

So I heard from a previous taker that we can tell the scores are coming out soon when the results website won't let us change our address anymore. I have not tried this, nor do I think I will, but I feel like in the next few weeks that could be a good indicator of timing for anyone crazy enough to log on and give it a go.

trustmouse83

Postby trustmouse83 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:02 am

July 2013 came out Oct. 30th, a Wednesday.
July 2014 came out Oct 27th, a Monday.

My hunch is 2 weeks from today. (26th October).

ovxsny27

Postby ovxsny27 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:38 am

Gonna place a bet for 10/23.

spiritniffler189

Postby spiritniffler189 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:48 pm

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:So I heard from a previous taker that we can tell the scores are coming out soon when the results website won't let us change our address anymore. I have not tried this, nor do I think I will, but I feel like in the next few weeks that could be a good indicator of timing for anyone crazy enough to log on and give it a go.

The last day to submit the change of address form is the 15th right? So after that?

trustmouse83

Postby trustmouse83 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:46 am

xlawschoolhopefulx wrote:So I heard from a previous taker that we can tell the scores are coming out soon when the results website won't let us change our address anymore. I have not tried this, nor do I think I will, but I feel like in the next few weeks that could be a good indicator of timing for anyone crazy enough to log on and give it a go.

Change of address has to be done before October 15th for a July exam, otherwise if any later than that, you have to go through the division you are bring certified to rather than the examiners.

starryski

Postby starryski » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:38 am

another week of hell. :evil:
month is almost half way over...

Arbinshire

Postby Arbinshire » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:45 am

A friend of mine took the NY bar last year. About a week/week-and-a-half before results came out, he started receiving numerous CLE advertisements and the like. He passed. A few others he knew who failed, didn't receive these advertisements. Same thing here happened for me in Colorado this year.

Maybe something to it?

trustmouse83

Postby trustmouse83 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:58 am

Arbinshire wrote:A friend of mine took the NY bar last year. About a week/week-and-a-half before results came out, he started receiving numerous CLE advertisements and the like. He passed. A few others he knew who failed, didn't receive these advertisements. Same thing here happened for me in Colorado this year.

Maybe something to it?

What are CLE advertisements? How were you receiving them?

Arbinshire

Postby Arbinshire » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:22 am

trustmouse83 wrote:What are CLE advertisements? How were you receiving them?

Continuing Legal Education. You know, those courses older/seasoned attorney's sleep through to get the required credit.

They come in the mail."Pay $199 for a full day's lecture regarding LEGAL TOPIC. Lunch included!"

trustmouse83

Postby trustmouse83 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:36 am

Won't apply to me in the UK, damn it!

ConsummateGentleman

Postby ConsummateGentleman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:05 am

Arbinshire wrote:

Continuing Legal Education. You know, those courses older/seasoned attorney's sleep through to get the required credit.

They come in the mail."Pay $199 for a full day's lecture regarding LEGAL TOPIC. Lunch included!"

Can anyone confirm receipt of materials like this by mail or e-mail?

Bexy73

Postby Bexy73 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:27 am

Arbinshire wrote:A friend of mine took the NY bar last year. About a week/week-and-a-half before results came out, he started receiving numerous CLE advertisements and the like. He passed. A few others he knew who failed, didn't receive these advertisements. Same thing here happened for me in Colorado this year.

Maybe something to it?

I got an advertisement asking me to subscribe to a legal database the morning Illinois results were released - before I had actually received my results. A few days later, the sales rep followed up with a personal email. I replied to it and asked him point blank if they had the results before we did. I have not heard from him since. Guess I won't have to go through the trouble of unsubscribing...

Yeah, I wonder how our names and information are being handled by our respective bar associations. I'm from Illinois, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything. ;-)

starryski

Postby starryski » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:00 pm

ConsummateGentleman wrote:
Arbinshire wrote:

Can anyone confirm receipt of materials like this by mail or e-mail?

I did not get anything as of yet. only the email from the 1st department.

ovxsny27

Postby ovxsny27 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:05 pm

CLE emails? Like the ones we've received since 1L year? Geesh were really grasping at tea leaves here. (Sorry, this is my way of venting while checking for recent CLE emails..I need a hug)

Arbinshire

Postby Arbinshire » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:34 pm

ovxsny27 wrote:CLE emails?

No. Physical stuff. Not an email, but real live tangible junk mail. I received two pieces of mail before I heard anything regarding my Colorado results, and have received a few more pieces. Two others who failed Colorado haven't received anything. Friend of mine who took NY last year experienced the same thing.

It may or may not be something. YMMV.

ovxsny27

Postby ovxsny27 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:10 pm

Arbinshire wrote:

No. Physical stuff. Not an email, but real live tangible junk mail. I received two pieces of mail before I heard anything regarding my Colorado results, and have received a few more pieces. Two others who failed Colorado haven't received anything. Friend of mine who took NY last year experienced the same thing.

Ahh I see..haven't received any of that yet, to my knowledge.

BarTaker

Postby BarTaker » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:23 pm

Arbinshire wrote:

The friend who took NY is/was out-of-state? No CLE advertising by email at all? (I guess anxiety is too powerful at this moment :| )

fabiesq

Postby fabiesq » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:16 pm

hopefully next week this nightmare will be over

starryski

Postby starryski » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:28 pm

fabiesq wrote:hopefully next week this nightmare will be over

nooo...yes...no...UGH!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”