NY July 2015 Support Group

stronitsing

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby stronitsing » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:14 am

thesteelers wrote:stronitsing that is the greatest mnemonic ever.

All I'm wondering is if I can still pass if I get like 35 on 4 essays and 0 on #5. I barely wrote one page on #5, completely missed that it was admin law and feebly tried some con law analysis that lasted one paragraph...and the only thing I wrote about the affidavits was that they were past recollections under hearsay...

And don't get me started on that MPT. Zero formatting, just total fail. Not sure what that analysis was like because I was rushed for time. Lots of typos I'm sure.

I basically need to get 190 on the MBE tomorrow. LOL.

I bet half the state was thrown by that last question's nonsense. Good thing this is curved. D+ here I come

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:21 am

stronitsing wrote:
stronitsing wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:Does anyone have an acronym for the hearsay exceptions that require the speaker to be unavailable? I have been struggling to get this list down.

Day Two Fucking Sucks

Dying Declaration
Testimony (chance/motive to cross)
Forfeiture
Statement against Interest

This is brilliant. Thank you.

ovxsny27

Postby ovxsny27 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:12 pm

I know it's said every year, but does anyone think that we got dealt an extreeeeeeeeemly rough hand?...or am I just being a sore loser? :(

scaliaantics

Postby scaliaantics » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:13 pm

ovxsny27 wrote:I know it's said every year, but does anyone think that we got dealt an extreeeeeeeeemly rough hand?...or am I just being a sore loser? :(

Nope. The first half of today was very very hard.

yurista

Postby yurista » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:20 pm

scaliaantics wrote:
ovxsny27 wrote:I know it's said every year, but does anyone think that we got dealt an extreeeeeeeeemly rough hand?...or am I just being a sore loser? :(

But it's OVER!!! (at least for the next few months...)

starryski

Postby starryski » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:27 pm

scaliaantics wrote:

not to make excuses but i didnt have coffee this morning (i had decaf by mistake just found the pod in the garbage) and i slept 6 hours. i was dozing off. but i dont think being awake would have made a difference.

i am convinced im taking this in February.

also i felt like the NY mc were SO much easier

bear patrol

Postby bear patrol » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Also feeling pretty bad after today. Looked at last year's thread and people felt terrible then passed. Hoping that same turns out true for all of us...but damn some of those questions were painful. Oh well, cheers to us and good luck to the double takers tomorrow.

starryski

Postby starryski » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:23 pm

bear patrol wrote:Also feeling pretty bad after today. Looked at last year's thread and people felt terrible then passed. Hoping that same turns out true for all of us...but damn some of those questions were painful. Oh well, cheers to us and good luck to the double takers tomorrow.

i feel like i should have studied more or harder. ugh not feeling good today.

bear patrol

Postby bear patrol » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:54 pm

starryski wrote:
bear patrol wrote:Also feeling pretty bad after today. Looked at last year's thread and people felt terrible then passed. Hoping that same turns out true for all of us...but damn some of those questions were painful. Oh well, cheers to us and good luck to the double takers tomorrow.

i feel like i should have studied more or harder. ugh not feeling good today.

I hear you. Even if I didn't do all I could or whatever, there is nothing I can do to change that now. It is completely over and I can not alter that outcome. So if I get an unfortunate email sometime in November I will deal with it then. But for now, we should all drink.

rickgrimes69

Postby rickgrimes69 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:54 pm

Nope we definitely did. First year (and only) to get Admin *and* Civ Pro, and the rest of the test was extremely difficult besides.

Not sure what NY BOLE / NCBE is trying to prove by testing us on things the vast majority of test takers almost certainly won't know.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

rickgrimes69 wrote:

Nope we definitely did. First year (and only) to get Admin *and* Civ Pro, and the rest of the test was extremely difficult besides.

Not sure what NY BOLE / NCBE is trying to prove by testing us on things the vast majority of test takers almost certainly won't know.

But if we're feeling that way, surely everyone else did and the scale will be appropriate. I don't know, I don't see this being the first year less than 80% of first time takers fail in ny

summeisruined

Postby summeisruined » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 pm

So, in november we are going to receive an email? You click on it and there is "passed" or "failed?"

Or there is your score only ?

obloid

Postby obloid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:06 pm

The banging overhead due to construction at javitz was complete bullshit. I was lucky I had foam plugs but it had me off my game a bit. Then the guy next to me is freaking the eff out. Table was shaking and I'm trying to control my own game.

Not fucking cool. I'm filing a complaint over that.

-

No comment on the exam. It's done. Results in November.

bluewin888

Postby bluewin888 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Day 1 is harder than Day 2!!

MBE has tons of property and civil pro questions , which is nice!!

For essays, time it too tight!!!

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

Am was harder than pm, right? Now to nj...

yurista

Postby yurista » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:44 pm

obloid wrote:The banging overhead due to construction at javitz was complete bullshit. I was lucky I had foam plugs but it had me off my game a bit. Then the guy next to me is freaking the eff out. Table was shaking and I'm trying to control my own game.

Not fucking cool. I'm filing a complaint over that.

-

No comment on the exam. It's done. Results in November.

Please include the pigeons. Two were frolicking near my section. And the bathroom lines were bullshit. And the proctors loudly chatting in groups.

yurista

Postby yurista » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:46 pm

summeisruined wrote:So, in november we are going to receive an email? You click on it and there is "passed" or "failed?"

"RESULTS OF BAR EXAMINATION - The results of the bar examination, in the form of written pass/fail notices, are emailed to all applicants on the same day. The day the results are released, a private results lookup screen will also be available online for all applicants to view their results. The next day, a list of all successful applicants will be posted on this website and on the website of the New York Law Journal. While the Board does not set a specific date for the release of bar exam results, historically results from the July examination are released in mid-November, and the results of the February examination are released in mid-May.

MATERIALS AVAILABLE TO FAILED APPLICANTS - During the 60-day period following the date of the Board's notice of failure, applicants whose final total weighted scaled scores are below 665 may obtain one set of copies of their own essay answers by forwarding a written request to the Board's office with a certified check, cashier's check or money order in the amount of $40, payable to "State Board of Law Examiners." Copies of the essay questions and sample above-average candidate answers are also available for a fee of $15 each for the questions and answers. Within 60 days of the release of the bar exam results, the Board will publish on this website, copies of the essay questions and a synopsis of the MPT that appeared on the examination, together with copies of sample applicant answers that received better than average scores to those questions."

summeisruined

Postby summeisruined » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:59 pm

yurista wrote:
summeisruined wrote:So, in november we are going to receive an email? You click on it and there is "passed" or "failed?"

"RESULTS OF BAR EXAMINATION - The results of the bar examination, in the form of written pass/fail notices, are emailed to all applicants on the same day. The day the results are released, a private results lookup screen will also be available online for all applicants to view their results. The next day, a list of all successful applicants will be posted on this website and on the website of the New York Law Journal. While the Board does not set a specific ;;....."

Thx :D

Mid november lmao, i thought this was mid october lol.

Well, as a LLM i'm forever alone in my hotel tonight :lol:

I hope everyone have a great time !!

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:33 pm

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:43 pm

obloid wrote:The banging overhead due to construction at javitz was complete bullshit. I was lucky I had foam plugs but it had me off my game a bit. Then the guy next to me is freaking the eff out. Table was shaking and I'm trying to control my own game.

What the hell was that? I don't remember hearing it yesterday, but today it was SO. LOUD.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:44 pm

starryski

Postby starryski » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:49 pm

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:50 pm

you know whats shit is that after spending all summer just dreading teh essays, because im honestly a below median non nyu/columbia student and barbri harshed my essays out, that I studied my ass off for the mbe and was doing pretty well in practice. Now, im banking on having a better than expected ny day after today's nightmare.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:56 pm

Talking to random people the last two days, if you at least said something in English, and thought you could get the mbe down to 50/50, you're fine. Some of the people I talked to never knew family law could be a topic, and didn't know there would be ny mc. These must be the 15% that fail first time. We all feel bad, but you basically just need to be in top 85% of class, not top 10%.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:58 pm

dietcoke0 wrote:Talking to random people the last two days, if you at least said something in English, and thought you could get the mbe down to 50/50, you're fine. Some of the people I talked to never knew family law could be a topic, and didn't know there would be ny mc. These must be the 15% that fail first time. We all feel bad, but you basically just need to be in top 85% of class, not top 10%.

85% of first time takers...you mean you spoke to law students who were saying that stuff?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”