NY July 2015 Support Group

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sd5289 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:04 pm

I thought midnight was the more likely time anyway? Hasn't it been that for the July exam the past two years in a row?

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:06 pm

sd5289 wrote:I thought midnight was the more likely time anyway? Hasn't it been that for the July exam the past two years in a row?


Yeah, but Feb this year was 5pm.
It was worth considering if this marked a change in approach by NY Bole.


Seemingly not.

iwantmybar
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby iwantmybar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:06 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:So is everyone staying up until midnight?


It's not that hard.

Personally I won't since it would be 5AM here so i'll discover that i passed tomorrow (Karma confidence) .

Fedlife
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Fedlife » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:07 pm

imalreadyamember? wrote:
sledge wrote:
Fedlife wrote:
BarTaker wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:Btw, from reddit :

"perma-lienenregistrersignalerdorerrépondre
[–]Duck_PuncherJD+MBA 2 points il y a 42 minutes
If anyone is interested in a completely unsubstantiated rumor; according to my friend's professor schools were given a heads up that Wed is the day."

https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comm ... _bar_exam/


Nothing new, same day like last year... Oct 27th at midnight which is technically Oct 28th.


I said Thursday!!!! No one listens to me... 8)


How do you know? Can you please cite your source, no matter how tenuous?


His/her tenuous source: himself/herself, farther up in the thread


I'm telling you it will be Thursday at 12am, trust me I picked 4 of the right numbers one time while playing mega millions

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:09 pm

iwantmybar wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:So is everyone staying up until midnight?


It's not that hard.

Personally I won't since it would be 5AM here so i'll discover that i passed tomorrow (Karma confidence) .


4am for me.

sledge
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sledge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Fedlife wrote:
imalreadyamember? wrote:
sledge wrote:
Fedlife wrote:
BarTaker wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:Btw, from reddit :

"perma-lienenregistrersignalerdorerrépondre
[–]Duck_PuncherJD+MBA 2 points il y a 42 minutes
If anyone is interested in a completely unsubstantiated rumor; according to my friend's professor schools were given a heads up that Wed is the day."

https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comm ... _bar_exam/


Nothing new, same day like last year... Oct 27th at midnight which is technically Oct 28th.


I said Thursday!!!! No one listens to me... 8)


How do you know? Can you please cite your source, no matter how tenuous?


His/her tenuous source: himself/herself, farther up in the thread


I'm telling you it will be Thursday at 12am, trust me I picked 4 of the right numbers one time while playing mega millions


Great, now I'm confident in your source. I also believe in unicorns.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7304
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Midnight makes sense. 11,000 people rushing to NY BOLE website at 5pm would definitely crash it, but releasing at midnight ensures a lot of people don't come until the next day.

imalreadyamember?
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby imalreadyamember? » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:18 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Midnight makes sense. 11,000 people rushing to NY BOLE website at 5pm would definitely crash it, but releasing at midnight ensures a lot of people don't come until the next day.


This would definitely make sense and would explain a difference between Feb and July release times.

BarTaker
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BarTaker » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:19 pm

sledge wrote:
Fedlife wrote:
imalreadyamember? wrote:
sledge wrote:
Fedlife wrote:
BarTaker wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:Btw, from reddit :

"perma-lienenregistrersignalerdorerrépondre
[–]Duck_PuncherJD+MBA 2 points il y a 42 minutes
If anyone is interested in a completely unsubstantiated rumor; according to my friend's professor schools were given a heads up that Wed is the day."

https://www.reddit.com/r/LawSchool/comm ... _bar_exam/


Nothing new, same day like last year... Oct 27th at midnight which is technically Oct 28th.


I said Thursday!!!! No one listens to me... 8)


How do you know? Can you please cite your source, no matter how tenuous?


His/her tenuous source: himself/herself, farther up in the thread


I'm telling you it will be Thursday at 12am, trust me I picked 4 of the right numbers one time while playing mega millions


Great, now I'm confident in your source. I also believe in unicorns.


Zoltar the Gypsy told me about Tuesday-Wednesday at midnight.

Nybar2015
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Nybar2015 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Enough of drama post the resultsssss.....

I have been having stomach cramps n sleeplessness for last 2 days....

Urghhhhhh can't wait anymore.....

ovxsny27
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby ovxsny27 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:21 pm

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how considerably less test takers could result in anything but an earlier release date. I'm also having a hard time finding fucks to give, think I'm down to my last one. Nerves have turned to anxiety which turns to anger which turns back to nerves.

FYI, we all passed.

Tritri
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Tritri » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Midnight makes sense. 11,000 people rushing to NY BOLE website at 5pm would definitely crash it, but releasing at midnight ensures a lot of people don't come until the next day.


Why would they rush on the website. Don't you just wait for the email and be done with it ?

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7304
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm

You guys sound like you're on the verge of an aneurysm. Relax.

Danger Zone wrote:Results will come when they come

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sd5289 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm also in the last week of a marathon taper, which means even if the bar results weren't imminent I'd be a restless bundle of energy and anxiety anyway. Bad planning on my part.

victortsoi
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby victortsoi » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:23 pm

imalreadyamember? wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Midnight makes sense. 11,000 people rushing to NY BOLE website at 5pm would definitely crash it, but releasing at midnight ensures a lot of people don't come until the next day.


This would definitely make sense and would explain a difference between Feb and July release times.



why would we need to rush to the website? Dont we get a pdf?

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sd5289 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:24 pm

victortsoi wrote:
imalreadyamember? wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:Midnight makes sense. 11,000 people rushing to NY BOLE website at 5pm would definitely crash it, but releasing at midnight ensures a lot of people don't come until the next day.


This would definitely make sense and would explain a difference between Feb and July release times.



why would we need to rush to the website? Dont we get a pdf?


You get an email. With an attachment. That is a PDF.

Relax.

BRAatDC
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BRAatDC » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:25 pm

NYBOLE could probably offset the cost of administration if they would just put in a few banner ads on their page, as often as I am sitting here refreshing it just to soothe my anxiety. And my job (JD-advantaged) doesn't even hinge on passing. Can't imagine what it's like for the rest of you.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7304
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:25 pm

Yes but don't you want to look up your friends and whatever other goodies they'll have on the website

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sd5289 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:28 pm

BRAatDC wrote:And my job (JD-advantaged) doesn't even hinge on passing. Can't imagine what it's like for the rest of you.


Mine gives us 2 more tries (though the 3rd time your leave is unpaid). And until we're admitted we have to keep bugging people to notarize our court filings.

Danger Zone wrote:Yes but don't you want to look up your friends and whatever other goodies they'll have on the website


I thought the public list wasn't available immediately upon release?

Fedlife
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Fedlife » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:38 pm

literally sat at my computer all day and refreshed this page while gossiping with my gay coworker...this can't be life right? Anyway here's my Aries horoscope for tomorrow, and my horoscope app is usually always on point:

Aries horoscope for Oct, 27, 2015
Okay, Aries - inhale deeply. Then... exhale. You may have been extraordinarily stressed and anxious over the last few days because of deadlines and pressure and worry and general uneasiness. Can you feel all that frantic energy subsiding now? Hopefully you can. You have seen the worst of it, and you have endured it and come out ahead and you are still strong and vital and hopeful. You may be worn out and a good, long rest may be in order, but soon you will begin to feel revitalized. And, even better, a big opportunity for financial gain may come to you soon.

gottwins
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby gottwins » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:50 pm

superbloom wrote:Got a completely unrelated email at 5:00 on the dot and nearly shit myself.


Haha me too...ugh I just want to be ME again :evil:

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby clarion » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Fedlife wrote:literally sat at my computer all day and refreshed this page while gossiping with my gay coworker...this can't be life right? Anyway here's my Aries horoscope for tomorrow, and my horoscope app is usually always on point:

Aries horoscope for Oct, 27, 2015
Okay, Aries - inhale deeply. Then... exhale. You may have been extraordinarily stressed and anxious over the last few days because of deadlines and pressure and worry and general uneasiness. Can you feel all that frantic energy subsiding now? Hopefully you can. You have seen the worst of it, and you have endured it and come out ahead and you are still strong and vital and hopeful. You may be worn out and a good, long rest may be in order, but soon you will begin to feel revitalized. And, even better, a big opportunity for financial gain may come to you soon.


I appreciate 100% of this post.

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sd5289 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:14 pm

To momentarily distract everyone who's 0.2 seconds away from a nervous breakdown:



Perhaps it's the booze, but I lost it at the cat-five part. :lol:

starryski
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby starryski » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:35 pm

Picking up a bottle of wine on my way home. I may or may not post weird things on here later. My life is shit.

iwantmybar
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby iwantmybar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:37 pm

What do you guys think of failing by 12 points or sth ? Is it a big gap?




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests