NY July 2015 Support Group

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:22 pm

those boost from how people were performing on their midterms or finals to their actual MBE scores are giving me life.

starryski
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby starryski » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:32 pm

thesteelers wrote:This wait is agony.

I don't even know what to do with myself.

:(


same here. ive been in bed all day.

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:24 pm

Fedlife wrote:
lspa2015 wrote:
Fedlife wrote:
nyny wrote:Yea pretty much because most takers score from 45-55 on a given essay, the goal is to score high enough on the mbe to make getting a question wrong on essays less of a burden...


According to the seperac Feb 2015 bar calculator a written average of 55 translates into about a 705 common scaled score which is very good...you could probably still barely pass with an mbe of about 125 assuming about half of your NYMC answers are correct...but then again the time it took to complete NYMC wasn't worth the 10% IMO compared to the points you can grab focusing on the essays...

You don't want to use a February Seperac calculator as July numbers are very different. For example, that same 55 for July 2014 translates to a 754 common scaled score. Anyway, for what it's worth, from a 2006 study of the NY Bar (http://www.nybarexam.org/press/ncberep.pdf) that was based on the July 2005 test:

Mean male essay score for first time male takers, domestically educated - 724.12
Mean female essay score for first time male takers, domestically educated - 734.08
Mean male MBE score for first time male takers, domestically educated - 148
Mean female MBE score for first time male takers, domestically educated - 142.6

The report also had similar info for repeat test takers, as well as breakdowns by ethnic classes. I'm not sure if it had data for test takers educated outside the US. While scores have generally gone down since 2006, the data is probably a decent barometer of average scores. If you want, you can use the Seperac calculator to figure out how the mean essay numbers translate to the actual essay score.


Makes sense that men would score better on the MBE since they tend to be more decisive. JK women run the world "Hillary 2016!"


The July 2014 seperac calculator should be more accurate for guesstimating the July 2015 exam.

BarTaker
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BarTaker » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:25 pm

starryski wrote:
thesteelers wrote:This wait is agony.

I don't even know what to do with myself.

:(


same here. ive been in bed all day.


I've been in home watching my personal Star Wars marathon:

"I'm your father and I have your Bar results... No... that's not true! That's impossible!... Search your feelings, you know it to be true!"... :shock:

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sd5289 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm watching Law & Order and yelling at the courtroom scenes. Just kidding, the SVU drinking game is clutch.

ETA: for reference.

blawndeambition
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby blawndeambition » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:19 pm

starryski wrote:
thesteelers wrote:This wait is agony.

I don't even know what to do with myself.

:(


same here. ive been in bed all day.


Same. My spirit and will to go on has officially been broken... which I'm sure has been their goal all along. :cry:

starryski
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby starryski » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:05 pm

as for all the horoscope talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfsE7w1zZKY

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:10 pm

I'm relatively calm right now, but I am going to be wrecked come tomorrow night. Not looking forward to that.

This has driven me to such insanity that I have resurrected my TLS account for the first time since the first week of 1L.

BarTaker
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BarTaker » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:52 pm

starryski wrote:as for all the horoscope talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfsE7w1zZKY


Interesting video... We're all going to pass! :D :D :D

Ues3d
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:54 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Ues3d » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:57 am

I'm confused. Why are some people on this thread going to be a wreck tomorrow? Have scores ever released on Sunday at midnight? Seems like they release midnight on Monday or midnight on Wednesday.

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:35 am

Ues3d wrote:I'm confused. Why are some people on this thread going to be a wreck tomorrow? Have scores ever released on Sunday at midnight? Seems like they release midnight on Monday or midnight on Wednesday.


This guy gets it.

sledge
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sledge » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:01 am

Ues3d wrote:I'm confused. Why are some people on this thread going to be a wreck tomorrow? Have scores ever released on Sunday at midnight? Seems like they release midnight on Monday or midnight on Wednesday.


They're going to be a wreck all Monday as the hours count down towards 12:00 am on Tuesday.

marztri
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby marztri » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:50 am

sledge wrote:
Ues3d wrote:I'm confused. Why are some people on this thread going to be a wreck tomorrow? Have scores ever released on Sunday at midnight? Seems like they release midnight on Monday or midnight on Wednesday.


They're going to be a wreck all Monday as the hours count down towards 12:00 am on Tuesday.



Is it 100% it will release at 12 AM?

gabewatch
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby gabewatch » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:10 am

Nothing is 100% because they don't set a release date or time. Separac.com has a chart showing release dates/time for the past 10 years (scroll down).

The last few July exams have been released around 12am, but I don't think there are any guarantees. Feb 2015 release was at 5pm.

Really hoping results come out Monday or Tuesday, but I can see BOLE not wanting to continue its early release dates because it sets an expectation for future years.

marztri
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby marztri » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:44 am

gabewatch wrote:Nothing is 100% because they don't set a release date or time. Separac.com has a chart showing release dates/time for the past 10 years (scroll down).

The last few July exams have been released around 12am, but I don't think there are any guarantees. Feb 2015 release was at 5pm.

Really hoping results come out Monday or Tuesday, but I can see BOLE not wanting to continue its early release dates because it sets an expectation for future years.


Ok thanks for the reply. Yeah Feb results were expected May 2 approx and they sprung it on April 27.

iwantmybar
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby iwantmybar » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:13 am

Sunday is such a shitty day because there is no expectations to get our results by today..

Are you guys trying to be super nice IRL just get some good karma? I don't know if little jesus up there is watching me or not but like yesterday at the grocery store I let a guy behind me on the line to go first because he only had 2 or 3 goods compared with my big basket... i need to pass lil' jesus

sledge
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sledge » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:24 am

iwantmybar wrote:Sunday is such a shitty day because there is no expectations to get our results by today..

Are you guys trying to be super nice IRL just get some good karma? I don't know if little jesus up there is watching me or not but like yesterday at the grocery store I let a guy behind me on the line to go first because he only had 2 or 3 goods compared with my big basket... i need to pass lil' jesus


LOL. I'm not sure that last minute good deeds will work. You probably should have been doing that all along to build up an equity of goodwill. Anyway, I hope it works out for you. This shows how neurotic we've all become.

BarTaker
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BarTaker » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:18 pm

iwantmybar wrote:Sunday is such a shitty day because there is no expectations to get our results by today..

Are you guys trying to be super nice IRL just get some good karma? I don't know if little jesus up there is watching me or not but like yesterday at the grocery store I let a guy behind me on the line to go first because he only had 2 or 3 goods compared with my big basket... i need to pass lil' jesus


Well, in the Roman Catholic Mass, the Holy Gospel for today is:

"As Jesus was leaving Jericho with his disciples and a sizable crowd, Bartimaeus, a blind man, the son of Timaeus, sat by the roadside begging. On hearing that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out and say, "Jesus, son of David, have pity on me." And many rebuked him, telling him to be silent. But he kept calling out all the more, "Son of David, have pity on me." Jesus stopped and said, "Call him." So they called the blind man, saying to him, "Take courage; get up, he is calling you." He threw aside his cloak, sprang up, and came to Jesus. Jesus said to him in reply, "What do you want me to do for you?" The blind man replied to him, "Master, I want to see." Jesus told him, "Go your way; your faith has saved you." Immediately he received his sight and followed him on the way."

Also there is the Serenity Prayer: "O God, give us the serenity to accept what cannot be changed, The courage to change what can be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other"

In the day of the Lord, I wish to all of you the best of luck and success in your results! :D

Fedlife
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Fedlife » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:13 pm

I called Miss Cleo and she predicted Thursday results will be out :wink: ....lol you've gotta be old school to get that one

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7305
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Danger Zone » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:36 pm

I feel strongly that this is the week

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:39 pm

I second that assertion, and think sometime between tues and weds we get the results...

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:02 pm

Fear has turned to anger over this whole thing. I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight, and I'm so mad about it. I'd take another week's waiting or more if it meant having a set date and time like other states. :evil:

BarTaker
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BarTaker » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Why NY is not like CA??? Always the last state but always gives you an exact date and time! :(

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:56 pm

BarTaker wrote:Why NY is not like CA??? Always the last state but always gives you an exact date and time! :(


Because CA is the state that grades our test hahah. The first CLE email I get tomorrow I am throwing my phone.

nybarpass
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:05 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nybarpass » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:44 am

I think it's coming soon. Feeling so anxious that my hands and feet are all cold. This is my third try, now all my career depends on this exam, how pathetic is it?
I did finish 80 percent of Barbri this time and hit 70% to 75% in the practice exams. Felt ok in the MBE portion and thought the essay portion was difficult. They tested many non-mainstream and very detailed issues this time. Hope I can pass this time, otherwise I don't know what to do with my life anymore.
I am checking the other post about the MBE socres in other states. Seems 120 raw in Barbri PT would get 140+ scaled in the real thing. I am not sure how meaningful such data is since people posted their score are those just passed, I won't have the mood to publish my score if I failed.
By the way, can you guys tell that my first language is not english? Is it that obvious?




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ndp1234 and 4 guests