NY July 2015 Support Group

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:18 am

imalreadyamember? wrote:Also, Aquarius: Restrictions are not much fun to live with, but they can be awfully helpful in teaching you the value of something. So if you have been indulging in too much shopping, overly-fattening foods, excessive couch time, or something else equally bad for you, call a moratorium on it for the next few days. By going without, you will remind yourself how much you enjoy your guilty pleasures -- and that you can do without them. Save these splurges for infrequent occasions.

Wow you know how to cut to the core of me... but no bar implications fuk


What about numerology or Chinese horoscope. I am a rat....Aquarius!

missedthempre
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby missedthempre » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 am

Barslammer wrote:
imalreadyamember? wrote:Also, Aquarius: Restrictions are not much fun to live with, but they can be awfully helpful in teaching you the value of something. So if you have been indulging in too much shopping, overly-fattening foods, excessive couch time, or something else equally bad for you, call a moratorium on it for the next few days. By going without, you will remind yourself how much you enjoy your guilty pleasures -- and that you can do without them. Save these splurges for infrequent occasions.

Wow you know how to cut to the core of me... but no bar implications fuk


What about numerology or Chinese horoscope. I am a rat....Aquarius!


10.23.2015

1+2+3 = 6
2 of 6 = 66
1+5 = 6
66+6 = ...oh shit we all failed

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7317
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:23 am

This thread is a cesspool

imalreadyamember?
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby imalreadyamember? » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:25 am

missedthempre wrote:
Barslammer wrote:
imalreadyamember? wrote:Also, Aquarius: Restrictions are not much fun to live with, but they can be awfully helpful in teaching you the value of something. So if you have been indulging in too much shopping, overly-fattening foods, excessive couch time, or something else equally bad for you, call a moratorium on it for the next few days. By going without, you will remind yourself how much you enjoy your guilty pleasures -- and that you can do without them. Save these splurges for infrequent occasions.

Wow you know how to cut to the core of me... but no bar implications fuk


What about numerology or Chinese horoscope. I am a rat....Aquarius!


10.23.2015

1+2+3 = 6
2 of 6 = 66
1+5 = 6
66+6 = ...oh shit we all failed


But wait, 666 > 665, so we all passed?!

bobbackington
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:18 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby bobbackington » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:30 am

Danger Zone wrote:This thread is a cesspool


I'll have you know I've been in some very nice cesspools. This is one of the finer ones.

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:55 am

Danger Zone wrote:This thread is a cesspool


lol

500pearl
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby 500pearl » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:59 am

nyny wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:This thread is a cesspool


lol

cesspool is a fancy word

User avatar
Diceman102
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Diceman102 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Danger Zone wrote:This thread is a cesspool

Why such harsh words. This thread gives ny bar takers a means to extinguish some of the stress in the waiting process.

AReasonableMan
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby AReasonableMan » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:20 pm

It's also a great answer to the question of why the Hebrews would have created and prayed to a golden calf just because Moses was late coming down Mount Sinai. We've got law school graduates in 2015 engaging in everything short of voodoo waiting for the result to a test they could just retake.

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:25 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:It's also a great answer to the question of why the Hebrews would have created and prayed to a golden calf just because Moses was late coming down Mount Sinai. We've got law school graduates in 2015 engaging in everything short of voodoo waiting for the result to a test they could just retake.


This thread just got holy. On a real note, no CLE emails at all today. They Know! It's the calm before the storm. Tonight's forecast is dark, with a chance of waiting.

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:30 pm

Essays or nah!

Starks11
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:06 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Starks11 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:53 pm

Okay, essays -- without getting too into the particulars. Here's one thing that's been bothering me: on essay 1, sub-question 1, did you reach different conclusions for the two plots of land? With the exception of timing, I thought the analysis was essentially the same for both plots, but if that's actually the case, I don't know why they would have asked us about each separately.

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:57 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Barslammer on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:04 pm

never mind

comet_halley
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:46 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby comet_halley » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:47 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!
Last edited by comet_halley on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ovxsny27
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby ovxsny27 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:49 pm

comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


If you really something, you won't let setbacks prevent you from reaching your goal.

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:55 pm

comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


Seems to me it's not your concern.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7317
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:57 pm

ovxsny27 wrote:
comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


If you really something, you won't let setbacks prevent you from reaching your goal.

Image

bobbackington
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:18 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby bobbackington » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:02 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:
comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


Seems to me it's not your concern.


He's a mere pup compared to the Californian guy who sat it 43 times (from that Bar Exam documentary)

BarMax specializes in dealing with multiple re-takers perhaps you should look at them. Joe Seperac is also a guy to have discussions with if you need to resit.

I know I didn't do enough. I'm aiming for the UBE in July now as here in the West it's more transferable (I have a foreign law degree so am unable to sit other Bars but New York under the traditional route.)

I am starting studying now. If I Miracle on Ice it and pass then great but I highly doubt it. I'm learning where I went wrong in study and applying it to the next time.

If you're a five time resitter then if you fail again you need to seriously review how you study and how much time you are prepared to set aside. February probably isn't going to work for you. If you fail then I'd pencil in July and sort a study schedule out now.

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:03 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:
comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


Seems to me it's not your concern.


This will be the last time... Claim it trust... claim it!

comet_halley
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:46 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby comet_halley » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:06 pm

trustmouse83 wrote:
comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


Seems to me it's not your concern.


Sure, just curious.

I always admire people with great persistence. Good luck this time.

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7317
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:08 pm

comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


Seems to me it's not your concern.


Sure, just curious.

I always admire people with great persistence. Good luck this time.

That's not what you meant though. You meant (s)he's a fucking idiot.

ovxsny27
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby ovxsny27 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
comet_halley wrote:
trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam


I know it!

5th time the charm?!


I just wonder whether the NY bar was that important to you.

It seems to me it is not worthwhile to spend so much time and energy on this exam.


Seems to me it's not your concern.


Sure, just curious.

I always admire people with great persistence. Good luck this time.

That's not what you meant though. You meant (s)he's a fucking idiot.


Yeah nice backpedal Comet...good luck to you Trustworthy Mouse.

ovxsny27
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby ovxsny27 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:12 pm

I'm just here to pass

ac83090
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby ac83090 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:13 pm

wubba lubba dub dub




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests