NY July 2015 Support Group

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:14 pm

iwantmybar wrote:
nyny wrote:Hold your collective breaths guys, the bar results usually come out at midnight.


It's 11:11PM here...

I'll get my results before then, don't be mad 8)


lol! hahahahaha, I forgot people from across the pond and in the west coast took it as well. 12:00am EST lol

imalreadyamember?
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby imalreadyamember? » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:29 pm

http://www.seperac.com/#ResultEmail

"With every administration, a few examinees awaiting results ask me whether email notices regarding admission may be a clue as to whether they passed or failed the exam. For example, I was told that the Third Department sent out their "Admission to the New York State Bar on behalf of the Third Department" to only a small number of examinees on September 9, 2014 and then a second email was sent to all Third Department examinees on September 16, 2014. In another example, in the Second Department, examinees awaiting results receive an email entitled "Notice To Second Department Applicants Anticipating Admission To The New York State Bar." While the email subject seems to suggest the examinee has passed, I am aware of examinees who received this email and subsequently found out they had failed.

These emails are sent by the Committees on Character and Fitness to anyone who recently sat for the New York State Bar Examination and do not have any bearing on whether an examinee passed or failed. I believe that the Committees on Character and Fitness for each Judicial Department do not become aware of who passed or failed the exam until the examinees do - when NYBOLE releases the results.

When results are released, all examinees receive the email with the results contained in an attached PDF file that will report whether the examinee passed or failed the exam. For example, for the Feb 2014 exam, all examinees received an email with the subject: New York State February 2014 Bar Exam Results. The body of the email contained generic output that reported the examinee's BOLE ID and stated: "Please read the attached notification from the Board concerning your February 2014 bar examination results. DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL AS IT IS AUTOGENERATED." The name of the PDF attachment is the examinee's BOLE ID (e.g. B10000000.pdf). The only way an examinee can tell if they passed or failed without reading the PDF is from the size of the PDF - the passing PDF is about 32kb in size because it consists of 1 page while the failing PDF is about 97kb in size because it consists of 3 pages. "

Also, last year was the first time they didn't post a notice about when the results would be released. Damn it. But they're also quicker about it so I guess I'll take the tradeoff?

starryski
Posts: 235
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:04 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby starryski » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:33 pm

fuck now they're going to get me looking at kb's

comet_halley
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:46 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby comet_halley » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Last year, the release date was Oct. 27th. I got my result in the midnight. So Maybe only one more week, you all will get results.

Just be patient.

imalreadyamember?
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby imalreadyamember? » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:51 pm

starryski wrote:fuck now they're going to get me looking at kb's


Why did they even include that? Just open the pdf.

Do we need a NY July 2015 Support Group Support Group, guys?

BarTaker
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BarTaker » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:45 pm

comet_halley wrote:Last year, the release date was Oct. 27th. I got my result in the midnight. So Maybe only one more week, you all will get results.

Just be patient.


Midnight of Oct. 26 to 27 or 27 to 28?

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:51 pm

Silcilian or Grandma slice?

comet_halley
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:46 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby comet_halley » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:12 pm

BarTaker wrote:
comet_halley wrote:Last year, the release date was Oct. 27th. I got my result in the midnight. So Maybe only one more week, you all will get results.

Just be patient.


Midnight of Oct. 26 to 27 or 27 to 28?


The head of the email has the time-stamp, it should be Midnight 28 OCt.

If you are too nervous to open the attachment, the size of the attachment can tell you the result.

If the file size is 33k, you should pass. If it is much larger than that, I'm sorry that you may fail.

Received: from nysblemail.nybarexam.local (10.51.60.111) by
NYSBLEEX.nybarexam.local (10.51.60.203) with Microsoft SMTP Server id
14.0.682.1; Tue, 28 Oct 2014 00:39:56 -0400
Received: from WIN7_3 ([10.51.60.51]) by nysblemail.nybarexam.local with
Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Tue, 28 Oct 2014 00:39:56 -0400

imalreadyamember?
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:03 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby imalreadyamember? » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Ours ended one day earlier so it should be the 26th if it's the same. We also had fewer people take it.

Therefore, tomorrow or Monday but because of the weekend, probably Monday?

bobbackington
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:18 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby bobbackington » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:49 pm

Practice opening attachments by squinting now!!! Avoid seeing the size, lol

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Barslammer wrote:Silcilian or Grandma slice?

Nobody here likes pizza? This is the NY forum, not the Tennessee one??

ovxsny27
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby ovxsny27 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:50 pm

bobbackington wrote:Practice opening attachments by squinting now!!! Avoid seeing the size, lol


Yay I'm not the only crazy one.

User avatar
KibblesnBitts
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby KibblesnBitts » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:58 pm

"You have been so very good at seeing to the group's needs and putting them above your own, lately. But are you going too far? You must make sure that you keep the proper balance between time spent pursuing your own interests and time spent pursuing the interests of everyone else. If you are always at the beck and call of other people, you could be sending a message that you are more of a doormat than you actually are. Giving up what you want should never be your automatic reaction."

Libra here. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BAR.

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:37 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:"You have been so very good at seeing to the group's needs and putting them above your own, lately. But are you going too far? You must make sure that you keep the proper balance between time spent pursuing your own interests and time spent pursuing the interests of everyone else. If you are always at the beck and call of other people, you could be sending a message that you are more of a doormat than you actually are. Giving up what you want should never be your automatic reaction."

Libra here. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BAR.


Guys and Gals, I know how to figure out if we passed! Based on Libra's horoscope, which is the symbol of the scales (justice), they did really poor and boosted the curve. Therefore, if we can figure out how many Libra's took the exam, we can determine the passage percentage. Aquarius! Yesssss!

500pearl
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby 500pearl » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Barslammer wrote:
KibblesnBitts wrote:"You have been so very good at seeing to the group's needs and putting them above your own, lately. But are you going too far? You must make sure that you keep the proper balance between time spent pursuing your own interests and time spent pursuing the interests of everyone else. If you are always at the beck and call of other people, you could be sending a message that you are more of a doormat than you actually are. Giving up what you want should never be your automatic reaction."

Libra here. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BAR.


Guys and Gals, I know how to figure out if we passed! Based on Libra's horoscope, which is the symbol of the scales (justice), they did really poor and boosted the curve. Therefore, if we can figure out how many Libra's took the exam, we can determine the passage percentage. Aquarius! Yesssss!

you are the best

sledge
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:10 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby sledge » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:17 am

If you want to avoid seeing the file size before reading the contents of the pdf attachment, just use a piece of paper or a book to cover the top of the pdf before clicking on the attachment. This could soften the blow if you failed. Otherwise you may be crushed before even reading the letter.

bobbackington
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:18 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby bobbackington » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:15 am

Guess we're done for this week.

Monday now I predict.

One advantage of them coming out at 9 Pacific is that if I fail this time I can down the couple of 9% IPAs I have waiting in the fridge to drown my sorrows before bedtime!

It's 1.15 in the West so time to zzzzzzzzzzz.

Look forward to another day of predictions and general insanity later today!

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:18 am

Looks like my prediction of Fri 23rd was wrong.

I think it has to be Monday. Has to be.

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:48 am

Where the hell is everyone? It's almost midday my time, and I was told there would be wild speculation and unfounded rumours!

Barslammer
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:39 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby Barslammer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:46 am

trustmouse83 wrote:Where the hell is everyone? It's almost midday my time, and I was told there would be wild speculation and unfounded rumours!


Back fo the future day must have created a rift in the flux capacitor! It's today!!!!!

BarTaker
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby BarTaker » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:06 am

comet_halley wrote:
BarTaker wrote:
comet_halley wrote:Last year, the release date was Oct. 27th. I got my result in the midnight. So Maybe only one more week, you all will get results.

Just be patient.


Midnight of Oct. 26 to 27 or 27 to 28?


The head of the email has the time-stamp, it should be Midnight 28 OCt.

If you are too nervous to open the attachment, the size of the attachment can tell you the result.

If the file size is 33k, you should pass. If it is much larger than that, I'm sorry that you may fail.

Received: from nysblemail.nybarexam.local (10.51.60.111) by
NYSBLEEX.nybarexam.local (10.51.60.203) with Microsoft SMTP Server id
14.0.682.1; Tue, 28 Oct 2014 00:39:56 -0400
Received: from WIN7_3 ([10.51.60.51]) by nysblemail.nybarexam.local with
Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Tue, 28 Oct 2014 00:39:56 -0400


Thank you. My prediction for this year will be the same:

United States of America:

Wednesday, 28-October-2015, 2pm-3pm GUAM
Wednesday, 28-October-2015, 12am-1am EST
Tuesday, 27-October-2015, 11pm-12am CST
Tuesday, 27-October-2015, 10pm-11pm MST
Tuesday, 27-October-2015, 9pm-10pm PST
Tuesday, 27-October-2015, 8pm-9pm AKST
Tuesday, 27-October-2015, 7pm-8pm HST

For our international followers:

London, England, UK
Wednesday, 28-October-2015, 5am-6am

Paris, France
Wednesday, 28-October-2015, 6am-7am

Abu Dhabi, UAE
Wednesday, 28-October-2015, 8am-9am

Shanghai, China
Wednesday, 28-October-2015, 12pm-1pm

Tokyo, Japan
Wednesday, 28-October-2015, 1pm-2pm

Well, the breakfast is ready! See you later. :D

trustmouse83
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby trustmouse83 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:14 am

I have taken 2 summer exams in the past, and fwiw each email came at 3.47am and 3.54am respectively UK time.
That was for July 2011, and July 2013.

iwantmybar
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:01 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby iwantmybar » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:28 am

god, you're such a vet' of this bar exam

nyny
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:53 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby nyny » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:43 am

I wish we could discuss the particulars of the essays here :(

tiau1424
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:37 am

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby tiau1424 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:45 am

I know that NY July 2014 results were posted around midnight, what about previous exams? And February 2015?




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest