NY July 2015 Support Group

AReasonableMan

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Postby AReasonableMan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Holy jesus!!!!!!!!!! I got a 760!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:50 pm

Myfreecreditreport.com lets you see your score whenever you want. Surprised no one thought of that.

500pearl

Postby 500pearl » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:52 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:Holy jesus!!!!!!!!!! I got a 760!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AReasonableMan wrote:Myfreecreditreport.com lets you see your score whenever you want. Surprised no one thought of that.

that is a bad score
i have 860 out of 900 scale

tiau1424

Postby tiau1424 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:54 pm

WTF thanks for the heart attack

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:55 pm

500pearl wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:Holy jesus!!!!!!!!!! I got a 760!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AReasonableMan wrote:Myfreecreditreport.com lets you see your score whenever you want. Surprised no one thought of that.

that is a bad score
i have 860 out of 900 scale

you only need a 660 in new york though.

iwantmybar

Postby iwantmybar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:55 pm

Not even sure areasonableman took the bar actually

ovxsny27

Postby ovxsny27 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:56 pm

iwantmybar wrote:Not even sure areasonableman took the bar actually

Troll alert?

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:04 pm

I definitely took it, and look forward to taking it again. It was a nightmare, and when I woke up the proctors said time was up.

TheTraveler

Postby TheTraveler » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:09 pm

Barslammer wrote:Ooohhh boy. Just tried to refresh the NY Bole website and it's hanging....they must be in there uploading something ahhhahahahhbhhhhhh!!!! Aquarius!!

Confirmed, page loads fine. You probably just have crap internet. :)

On another note, this forum is cracking me up. From CLE mail to looking to the stars, you guys are too much. Now we even have someone giving banking advice. HAHA.

missedthempre

Postby missedthempre » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Question: I just got an email from lexis entitled "don't just wait for bar results." Could this be a sign that I failed? Or is it possible that they are trying to market to me with prior knowledge that I passed, hoping I will need to purchase Lexis products in the near future? Has anyone located in-state or who isn't an Aquarius gotten this email?
Last edited by missedthempre on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ovxsny27

Postby ovxsny27 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:13 pm

missedthempre wrote:Question: I just got an email from lexis titled "dont just wait for bar results." Could this be a sign that a failed? Or is it possible that they are trying to market to me know with prior knowledge that I passed, hoping I will need to purchase Lexis products in the near future? Has anyone located in-state or who isn't an Aquarius gotten this email?

I received that as well, and I doubt they would know who passed/failed. None of these indicators mean a thing. You'll know if you passed or failed when your email says you passed or failed. Lol.

If you really want to read tea leaves though, it does say don't wait, start using points for your career. So if anything, that's be an indication of passing. FWIW.
Last edited by ovxsny27 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xlawschoolhopefulx

Postby xlawschoolhopefulx » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:13 pm

missedthempre wrote:Question: I just got an email from lexis entitled "don't just wait for bar results." Could this be a sign that I failed? Or is it possible that they are trying to market to me know with prior knowledge that I passed, hoping I will need to purchase Lexis products in the near future? Has anyone located in-state or who isn't an Aquarius gotten this email?

Got this email. No idea if it means anything at all. Could just be something they send late October knowing as we do that bar results will come in the next 1-3 weeks.

Barslammer

Postby Barslammer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:17 pm

missedthempre wrote:Question: I just got an email from lexis entitled "don't just wait for bar results." Could this be a sign that I failed? Or is it possible that they are trying to market to me with prior knowledge that I passed, hoping I will need to purchase Lexis products in the near future? Has anyone located in-state or who isn't an Aquarius gotten this email?

Nope, but I did get an email from Lexus saying they'd like to offer me a nice lease. I then clearly invoked restatment 26 and classified this as an advertisment and not an offer. Aquarius!

iwantmybar

Postby iwantmybar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:20 pm

This topic so hot right now that outside people would believe that results are out.

I can't wait til next week

TheTraveler

Postby TheTraveler » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:28 pm

missedthempre wrote:Question: I just got an email from lexis entitled "don't just wait for bar results." Could this be a sign that I failed? Or is it possible that they are trying to market to me know with prior knowledge that I passed, hoping I will need to purchase Lexis products in the near future? Has anyone located in-state or who isn't an Aquarius gotten this email?

Confirmed I am not an Aquarius. I received this email too. It appears to be sent to all recent graduates. Why they would give us an extra 10,000 reward points though is a mystery. May be a good sign.

Anyone located in-state not receive lexis email?

500pearl

Postby 500pearl » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Barslammer wrote:
missedthempre wrote:Question: I just got an email from lexis entitled "don't just wait for bar results." Could this be a sign that I failed? Or is it possible that they are trying to market to me with prior knowledge that I passed, hoping I will need to purchase Lexis products in the near future? Has anyone located in-state or who isn't an Aquarius gotten this email?

Nope, but I did get an email from Lexus saying they'd like to offer me a nice lease. I then clearly invoked restatment 26 and classified this as an advertisment and not an offer. Aquarius!

lexus, lease and restatement --- you truly are the best

AReasonableMan

Postby AReasonableMan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:29 pm

TheTraveler wrote:

Confirmed I am not an Aquarius. I received this email too. It appears to be sent to all recent graduates. Why they would give us an extra 10,000 reward points though is a mystery. May be a good sign.

In all seriousness, I got this e-mail and my law school and bar exam e-mail addresses are different. If Lexis was purchasing the test results, they'd be purchasing the e-mail addresses. The names alone are valueless for them.
Last edited by AReasonableMan on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barslammer

Postby Barslammer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:30 pm

500pearl wrote:
Barslammer wrote:

lexus, lease and restatement --- you truly are the best

Thanks Pearl?

BarTaker

Postby BarTaker » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:53 pm

TheTraveler wrote:
Barslammer wrote:Ooohhh boy. Just tried to refresh the NY Bole website and it's hanging....they must be in there uploading something ahhhahahahhbhhhhhh!!!! Aquarius!!

Confirmed, page loads fine. You probably just have crap internet. :)

On another note, this forum is cracking me up. From CLE mail to looking to the stars, you guys are too much. Now we even have someone giving banking advice. HAHA.

Well, you must be prepare for everything!

Btw, it's 4:51 pm ET and the results will be released at 5:00pm, right?! Give me some advice future attorneys!!!!!!! :shock:

jane89

Postby jane89 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:02 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:
TheTraveler wrote:

In all seriousness, I got this e-mail and my law school and bar exam e-mail addresses are different. If Lexis was purchasing the test results, they'd be purchasing the e-mail addresses. The names alone are valueless for them.

That email was sent to me from the same newsletter email address that has been sending me emails for awhile, to my personal email. I think at some point Lexis collected personal emails for when your law school one expired.

Barslammer

Postby Barslammer » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:03 pm

Alright, it's not coming. We are never getting them. Let's all do a 50 set of mbe's and meet up here in about an hour. Break!

iwantmybar

Postby iwantmybar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:04 pm

Barslammer wrote:Alright, it's not coming. We are never getting them. Let's all do a 50 set of mbe's and meet up here in about an hour. Break!

Only a set about civ pro and real property questions.

+ an essay on Admin law.

nyny

Postby nyny » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Hold your collective breaths guys, the bar results usually come out at midnight.

iwantmybar

Postby iwantmybar » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:11 pm

nyny wrote:Hold your collective breaths guys, the bar results usually come out at midnight.

It's 11:11PM here...

I'll get my results before then, don't be mad 8)

trustmouse83

Postby trustmouse83 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:13 pm

iwantmybar wrote:
Barslammer wrote:Alright, it's not coming. We are never getting them. Let's all do a 50 set of mbe's and meet up here in about an hour. Break!

Only a set about civ pro and real property questions.

+ an essay on Admin law.

Ewww

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”