NY July 2015 Support Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gchatbrah

Bronze

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Post by gchatbrah » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:01 am

Passed with 132.5 MBE. I'd like to thank the MPT, adverse possession, and the UCC for making this possible.

marztri

New

Post by marztri » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:05 am

Passed!! My mbe was 129.50 so clearly my essays carried the day for me, which thankfully went well. I did so many practice MBE so my advice to anyone who is doing barbri mbe practice and not passing, change! I felt their mbe questions had little correlation to the real thing. Feeling a bit sick right now with panic. It is just 6AM and I must go to work soon. Thankfully with good news! This was my 2nd attempt and I know how it feels to have failed. In a few days when you have had time to cry, re apply and get back on the horse if you decide you really want this. It's hard, but thankfully I can say it's worth it. I am so relieved.

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:51 am

Just woke up, I failed

I told you that chances were high that I was going to fail, i was not playing the whiny game...

see you next feb :oops:

Tritri

New

Post by Tritri » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:17 am

500pearl wrote:
winwin25 wrote:663 OH My God. MB3 137.6. Crying
you can ask for a recount since your score is that close
recount with respect to the essay of course since they will not do recount of the mbe
Are you SURE you can ?

I got 663 too. I'm dying

Tritri

New

Post by Tritri » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 am

momarr1979 wrote:Passed & over the moon!!

PS I failed one time before - If anyone (especially foreign educated) wants to drop me a line, I'll gladly share my outlines / notes with anyone interested.
Keep the faith & congrats to everyone celebrating!!
I would love that. I just failed by 2 points. Def going to take it again next Feb. And yeah, LLM student

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:26 am

Tritri wrote:

PS I failed one time before - If anyone (especially foreign educated) wants to drop me a line, I'll gladly share my outlines / notes with anyone interested.
I would love that. I just failed by 2 points. Def going to take it again next Feb. And yeah, LLM student
same, LLM student, i got 619, would love your notes as well please :oops:

nyfailedjuly2015

New

Post by nyfailedjuly2015 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:26 am

Failed

MBE: 135.4

Essay 1: 39.19
Essay 2: 33.68
Essay 3: 57.11
Essay 4: 39.06
Essay 5: 37.39
MPT: 39.04

NYMC: 720 (common scaled score)

Overall Score: 630

I'm in disbelief. I IRAC'd everything like I did in law school. I got As in 1L. I scored in the ninety-something percentile on the MPRE.

33.68 scaled score? I don't understand it. What did I get raw on that essay? Fucking 1 out of 5? I seriously don't understand it.
I didn't do anything different for Essay 3 and I thought that the the MPT was pretty straightforward. I feel fucking cheated by these essay graders.

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:34 am

ESSAY 1 : 41.50
ESSAY 2 : 35.99
Essay 3: 51.52
ESSAY 4 : 61.55
ESSAY 5 : 50/23
MPT : 32.63
mbe :121

Is 619 really a big gap from passing? I know there are 45 points but i can't decide wether or not it's a huge difference?

adevine39

New

Post by adevine39 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:54 am

164.2. Did 100% of Themis, scored 135 or so raw on practice exams. Gonna go for my morning run now and I expect it to be the fastest 6 miles I've ever run. Thanks everyone for the camaraderie during this crappy time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:07 am

nyfailedjuly2015 wrote:Failed

I'm in disbelief. I IRAC'd everything like I did in law school. I got As in 1L. I scored in the ninety-something percentile on the MPRE.

33.68 scaled score? I don't understand it. What did I get raw on that essay? Fucking 1 out of 5? I seriously don't understand it.
I didn't do anything different for Essay 3 and I thought that the the MPT was pretty straightforward. I feel fucking cheated by these essay graders.
I kind of feel the same way. I spent a full 90 mins writing the MPT, and came out with 31 scaled!
Did I fuck that up so bad that? I can't even think of what kind of mistake I made to get that, I can only guess that I misread something entirely and went off on a crazy tangent.

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:08 am

iwantmybar wrote:
Tritri wrote:

same, LLM student, i got 619, would love your notes as well please :oops:
Same, why not.

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:12 am

well trust mouse... I have the feeling that we'll be on the same topic in a couple of months.

It's fucking annoying that my life is stuck for another 4months.

I can"t tell if 619 is a very low score or not

trustmouse83

Bronze

Post by trustmouse83 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:41 am

iwantmybar wrote:well trust mouse... I have the feeling that we'll be on the same topic in a couple of months.

Not me, buddy.
I'm officially bowing out. That was my last try.
If you can't pass after 5 goes, it's time to re-evaluate your life.
641 in July 2013 is the closest i'll ever get.
I cant afford to come back for Feb, and there is no way of me being able to prepare for the UBE where I am from.

Maybe things happen for a reason.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ioliver

New

Post by ioliver » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:54 am

Hi all,

Where did you guys get the actual grades? All I have is the pass/fail email and its the same on my private lookup on the BOLE website :?

Any help would be great!

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:55 am

ioliver wrote:Hi all,

Where did you guys get the actual grades? All I have is the pass/fail email and its the same on my private lookup on the BOLE website :?

Any help would be great!
Don't complain, if you didn't get your grades, it means that you passed.

throwawayusername93

New

Post by throwawayusername93 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:07 am

Passed w/ 153.3 MBE.

Did about 25% of Themis, primarily to learn Evidence & elements of crimes, which I didn't learn in school, and to hear the state-specific stuff. Spent three weeks studying at least a few hours a day. Scored 73% raw MBE before starting prep, 72% after. The majority of the questions seemed answerable based on standard law school acquired knowledge. The ones I missed were almost universally questions where I hadn't learned the rule and didn't care to learn it now (speech in nonpublic forums? election contributions versus expenditures? eh?). I graduated in the top <1% of my class at a T30 but not T14 law school, and I credit that success (and my success on the bar despite my very limited studying) to my many years as a professional LSAT tutor.

For those who failed due to a low MBE score, my unsolicited advice: take a sheet of paper,* fold it in half, then in half again, then in half again. Crease it. When you go to practice MBE questions, cover up the answer choices with this folded sheet of paper. Do not move the paper until you have a full-sentence predicted answer in your mind ("admit because ___," "deny because ___," etc.). If you can't come up with anything, just stop right there and look up rules until you find the rules that apply to the question, and until you can predict an answer. Then remove the sheet, answer the question, check yourself, and so on. Add rules you learn to some list that you'll review. Making yourself find and learn the rules, and practicing questions without the answers, will help you to (1) know the limits of the universe of rules that you're being tested on, (2) search for and locate rules in your mind, (3) actively think about each question and how it should be answered before looking at the answers, and, most importantly, (4) avoid looking at the answer choices and getting stuck with two that both seem right.

adevine39

New

Post by adevine39 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:26 am

sd5289 wrote:I'm also in the last week of a marathon taper, which means even if the bar results weren't imminent I'd be a restless bundle of energy and anxiety anyway. Bad planning on my part.
Now you can focus on that marathon. Congrats, and run fast!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 am

throwawayusername93 wrote:Passed w/ 153.3 MBE.

Did about 25% of Themis, primarily to learn Evidence & elements of crimes, which I didn't learn in school, and to hear the state-specific stuff. Spent three weeks studying at least a few hours a day. Scored 73% raw MBE before starting prep, 72% after. The majority of the questions seemed answerable based on standard law school acquired knowledge. The ones I missed were almost universally questions where I hadn't learned the rule and didn't care to learn it now (speech in nonpublic forums? election contributions versus expenditures? eh?). I graduated in the top <1% of my class at a T30 but not T14 law school, and I credit that success (and my success on the bar despite my very limited studying) to my many years as a professional LSAT tutor.

For those who failed due to a low MBE score, my unsolicited advice: take a sheet of paper,* fold it in half, then in half again, then in half again. Crease it. When you go to practice MBE questions, cover up the answer choices with this folded sheet of paper. Do not move the paper until you have a full-sentence predicted answer in your mind ("admit because ___," "deny because ___," etc.). If you can't come up with anything, just stop right there and look up rules until you find the rules that apply to the question, and until you can predict an answer. Then remove the sheet, answer the question, check yourself, and so on. Add rules you learn to some list that you'll review. Making yourself find and learn the rules, and practicing questions without the answers, will help you to (1) know the limits of the universe of rules that you're being tested on, (2) search for and locate rules in your mind, (3) actively think about each question and how it should be answered before looking at the answers, and, most importantly, (4) avoid looking at the answer choices and getting stuck with two that both seem right.

Love this advice ty

umwbennett

New

Post by umwbennett » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:10 am

gchatbrah wrote:Passed with 132.5 MBE. I'd like to thank the MPT, adverse possession, and the UCC for making this possible.
I 100% second this sentiment. 150 for the pass here, but I would have sworn I'd need a 175 with the essays I wrote.

SemperLegal

Silver

Post by SemperLegal » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:23 am

168. Passed. Assuming nj as well. Good day

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:24 am

OMG Passed with a 158.2!! Took Kaplan.

SERIOUSLY can't believe it!! Walked out of there thinking I failed because I had no idea what most of the MBE answers were... I was totally confused. YAY :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:36 am

trustmouse83 wrote:
iwantmybar wrote:well trust mouse... I have the feeling that we'll be on the same topic in a couple of months.

Not me, buddy.
I'm officially bowing out. That was my last try.
If you can't pass after 5 goes, it's time to re-evaluate your life.
641 in July 2013 is the closest i'll ever get.
I cant afford to come back for Feb, and there is no way of me being able to prepare for the UBE where I am from.

Maybe things happen for a reason.
I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sure you dont wanna try for a last time? 4 months in a life is nothing my friend, this is what i've been told. Next february we will make it.

Scale

New

Post by Scale » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:59 am

Hi, 138.4 and passed... foreign educated but with a job lined up that requires the bar... Thus a nervous wreck for the last couple of months and so relieved now :)

Does someone know at what time the general pass/fail statistics are usually released? Can we expect that today?

sd5289

Gold

Post by sd5289 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:04 am

adevine39 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:I'm also in the last week of a marathon taper, which means even if the bar results weren't imminent I'd be a restless bundle of energy and anxiety anyway. Bad planning on my part.
Now you can focus on that marathon. Congrats, and run fast!
Thanks! Now I can actually be excited for this race that I'm severely undertrained for (in part because of the bar exam, lol). Doesn't matter how bad I start hurting on Sunday around mile 20, I can now relax about this stupid PTSD-inducing exam! :D

udonisandtrinity

Bronze

Post by udonisandtrinity » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:14 am

trustmouse83 wrote:
nyfailedjuly2015 wrote:Failed

I kind of feel the same way. I spent a full 90 mins writing the MPT, and came out with 31 scaled!
Did I fuck that up so bad that? I can't even think of what kind of mistake I made to get that, I can only guess that I misread something entirely and went off on a crazy tangent.

There is something very suspicious going on. I literally put down half a page of material for the MPT, had 25 minutes to work on it, but scored a 44.21 on it? That DOESN'T make sense.
Last edited by udonisandtrinity on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”