NY July 2015 Support Group Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
nyny

Bronze

Re: NY July 2015 Support Group

Post by nyny » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:20 pm

thesteelers wrote:I'm trying to plan how I'm going to control my anxiety in those crucial minutes between getting the notification that the email is in from administration@nybarexam.org and opening the PDF attachment and actually reading the PDF. I literally do not know how I'm going to open that PDF. I just don't.

Why do they attach the results in a fucking PDF anyway? How about just putting PASS or FAIL in the subject of the email, you sadists? Ugh.
Im opening it up with my family... I'm going to need support...

xlawschoolhopefulx

Bronze

Post by xlawschoolhopefulx » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Every time I get an email today, I panic a little. Come 5:00 I am seriously going to be a nervous wreck.

thesteelers

Bronze

Post by thesteelers » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:26 pm

nyny wrote:
thesteelers wrote:I'm trying to plan how I'm going to control my anxiety in those crucial minutes between getting the notification that the email is in from administration@nybarexam.org and opening the PDF attachment and actually reading the PDF. I literally do not know how I'm going to open that PDF. I just don't.

Why do they attach the results in a fucking PDF anyway? How about just putting PASS or FAIL in the subject of the email, you sadists? Ugh.
I considered having a family member open it for me, but it seemed unmanly.

I wish my bourbon could open it for me.

nyny

Bronze

Post by nyny » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:28 pm

thesteelers wrote:
nyny wrote:

hahaha, anything's possible (Kevin Garnett's voice)!!!

tiau1424

New

Post by tiau1424 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Def going to open it by myself cos I'll need time to process the info, whatever it is.
Can't have someone next to me telling me "aw no big deal, you still have February"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BarTaker

Bronze

Post by BarTaker » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm

Wow, 451 users online right now! Anyone worked today? :shock:

VincentGambini2yoots

New

Post by VincentGambini2yoots » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:35 pm

People at work asking every damn time they see me if I passed. Same with friends. It's not a casual thing I wanna talk about, anyone else wan throat punch people who ask them constantly?

I felt okay after ny/nj but now I feel doomed. No appetite either, how am I supposed to defend these two kids from a murder charge of I don't pass!

felonious monk

New

Post by felonious monk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:37 pm

thesteelers wrote:
nyny wrote:

I'm contemplating staying up til 1700 Eastern - which would involve a 4th whisky - and it sounds great but I'll be chagrined if nothing comes through so I'm going to sleep through what (if anything) gets sent today.

Good luck y'all.
Last edited by felonious monk on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:38 pm

thesteelers wrote:
nyny wrote:

just thinking about that email makes so go crazy.

everyone keeps smiling at me and telling me that i passed.
i have done close to nothing at work.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BarTaker

Bronze

Post by BarTaker » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:38 pm

VincentGambini2yoots wrote:People at work asking every damn time they see me if I passed. Same with friends. It's not a casual thing I wanna talk about, anyone else wan throat punch people who ask them constantly?

I felt okay after ny/nj but now I feel doomed. No appetite either, how am I supposed to defend these two kids from a murder charge of I don't pass!
Same here, Gambini. I'm tired of all that BS.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:39 pm

BarTaker wrote:Wow, 451 users online right now! Anyone worked today? :shock:
Please, I'm at work.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:41 pm

I'm mindlessly refreshing the seperac website as well. Edit- to calculate how badly I could have bombed either section and passed
Last edited by victortsoi on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tiau1424

New

Post by tiau1424 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:43 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
BarTaker wrote:Wow, 451 users online right now! Anyone worked today? :shock:
Please, I'm at work.
Same here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

VincentGambini2yoots

New

Post by VincentGambini2yoots » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:45 pm

[quote="BarTaker"]Wow, 451 users online right now! Anyone worked today? :shock:[/quote]

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/ori ... 48/f22.gif

SA2014

New

Post by SA2014 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Just checking in. Where are we? Expecting at the 5 pm or midnight hour? last few pages of this thread are all over the place. :shock:
Last edited by SA2014 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VincentGambini2yoots

New

Post by VincentGambini2yoots » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:48 pm

If I had to guess I would say midnight tonight but I have a feeling we won't know until Wednesday.

starryski

Bronze

Post by starryski » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:48 pm

VincentGambini2yoots wrote:If I had to guess I would say midnight tonight but I have a feeling we won't know until Wednesday.
:shock: :idea: :cry: :?: :!: :?: :idea: :idea: :arrow: :| :cry: :? :shock: :shock:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:51 pm

VincentGambini2yoots wrote:If I had to guess I would say midnight tonight but I have a feeling we won't know until Wednesday.
My sources say December 16th. There's been some animosity between the NY and CA offices, and rumor is we're going to give them a run for their money this year. Go Yankees!!!!

texas2dclawchick

New

Post by texas2dclawchick » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:52 pm

VincentGambini2yoots wrote:People at work asking every damn time they see me if I passed. Same with friends. It's not a casual thing I wanna talk about, anyone else wan throat punch people who ask them constantly?

Yep to all of this. I like to let them know that they're tapping into an internal firestorm of anxiety, anger, helplessness, and dread; that I haven't slept very well for the past few months, waking up with nightmares that I forgot to submit my essays on ExamSoft; that I don't know if I'll have it in me to take it again; that my entire-self worth is in the hands of detached uncaring bar examiners that believe that each subsequent pool of law school graduates is getting dumber and dumber, and the creeping fear that maybe....they're.....right......

Usually at that point they laugh awkwardly and slowly back away.

TheTraveler

New

Post by TheTraveler » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:59 pm

starryski wrote:
thesteelers wrote:
nyny wrote:

just thinking about that email makes so go crazy.

everyone keeps smiling at me and telling me that i passed.
i have done close to nothing at work.
Same. I've been refreshing this site and freaking out all day. I've done very little at work. I was so much more at ease the weeks leading up to the end of October. This forum is helping. Glad I'm not the only one losing my s***.

VincentGambini2yoots

New

Post by VincentGambini2yoots » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:00 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:
My sources say December 16th.

Your sources suck.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BarTaker

Bronze

Post by BarTaker » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:15 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:
My sources say December 16th. There's been some animosity between the NY and CA offices, and rumor is we're going to give them a run for their money this year. Go Yankees!!!!
My source say Thursday, 26th November at 5:00pm before cutting the turkey while your family and guests are asking you if you pass or fail? :shock:

iwantmybar

Bronze

Post by iwantmybar » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:21 pm

BarTaker wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:
My source say Thursday, 26th November at 5:00pm before cutting the turkey while your family and guests are asking you if you pass or fail? :shock:
hahahahahah

Good thing is there is a huge halloween party next Saturday and i'll be drunk whatever the result is 8)

Problem is how much money mommy will give me..

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:21 pm

PASSED

On going out to lunch today. I brought something from home.
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:21 pm

I know ive asked this before, and you guys probably don't want to indulge it, but honestly its my way of coping with this crazy anxiety. 1. Do we get points for wrong law applied OK on essays? 2. The essays are scaled? Meaning you can get a 4.5 but it will be weighed like a 5 if thats the scale? -a "50" on the seperac matrix?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”