BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

EvelynS

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby EvelynS » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Just called them. They are supposedly working on that.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:57 pm

I got to the login page now but then got a different looking error page

Poopface

Postby Poopface » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:05 pm

barbri down for me too. can't log in. for crying out loud, barbri!

old_soul

Postby old_soul » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:07 pm

Down for me too. I demand a $500 refund. :P

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm writing a practice MPT at the moment, so no access (unfortunately?) gives me no excuse. :P

Holy shit, it's been a long time since I wrote a formally-structured brief.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:17 pm

Fuck it. Someone bump this thread when it's working again, I'm gonna go watch Netflix.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:18 pm

I was able to get in just now.

Kage3212

Postby Kage3212 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:18 pm

mushybrain wrote:I was able to get in just now.

same.

kykiske

Postby kykiske » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:28 pm

How many hours a day have people been studying? I block off about 8 per day. But no way I spend 8 hours studying; it's probably more like 4.5-5. 6 on a good day.

Honestly feel somewhat guilty. I'm seeing Twitter updates/FB posts about how some of my former classmates are studying "12-16 hours per day" and still feel behind. I'm doing about 1/3 of that.

florentine

Postby florentine » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Did the first Mixed Subject Set of 50 questions. Is there an average we should be looking for on this set?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:35 pm

Are the proportions in the mixed question sets the same that can be expected on the real thing?

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:36 pm

kykiske wrote:How many hours a day have people been studying? I block off about 8 per day. But no way I spend 8 hours studying; it's probably more like 4.5-5. 6 on a good day.

Honestly feel somewhat guilty. I'm seeing Twitter updates/FB posts about how some of my former classmates are studying "12-16 hours per day" and still feel behind. I'm doing about 1/3 of that.

I think 4-5 hours a day of actual studying is pretty solid. And I'm in California so adjust downward as necessary.

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:50 pm

sewei08 wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Has anyone fought with a SO yet?

I haven't fought w/ her yet but we definitely miss spending time with each other. IDK, I have zero time for her cause all my time is spent w/ BarBri.

The worst part about Bar prep is the isolation. He's been trying to cut down on his hours, but his boss is not co-operating. :(

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:51 pm

kykiske wrote:How many hours a day have people been studying? I block off about 8 per day. But no way I spend 8 hours studying; it's probably more like 4.5-5. 6 on a good day.

That's probably exactly where I am. I've done everything barbri assigns and have hit my MPQ goals. I occasionally add extra MBE questions from Emanuel or review critical pass flashcards but right now I'm just trying to take it all in. July will be more painful but I'll also be focusing on memorization.

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:

I think 4-5 hours a day of actual studying is pretty solid. And I'm in California so adjust downward as necessary.

Barbri says to shoot for 8-10 hours a day. I'm pretty sure the unrealistic PSP assigns more than that.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:57 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:

Barbri says to shoot for 8-10 hours a day. I'm pretty sure the unrealistic PSP assigns more than that.

It definitely does. I believe 1% is around 5 hours of assigned work.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:58 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:

I'd likely be hitting close to 8 if I watched the videos at standard speed and "prepared" for the next day's topics like barbri wants. Also, if I was driving to campus everyday to watch the lectures I'd probably be feeling a little more worn out.

Ineedhelpplease

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:59 pm

charlesxavier wrote:

That's probably exactly where I am. I've done everything barbri assigns and have hit my MPQ goals. I occasionally add extra MBE questions from Emanuel or review critical pass flashcards but right now I'm just trying to take it all in. July will be more painful but I'll also be focusing on memorization.

Hey, I am debating dropping the cards all together. Have you found them useful? I was really hoping to have them to lean on in July.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:

Hey, I am debating dropping the cards all together. Have you found them useful? I was really hoping to have them to lean on in July.

They're okay. Early on I had a few short days so I used them to drill Contracts rules and I felt like they were very useful for strict memorization. I have found that flashcards are the best way for me to memorize. Since then I've been using them to just refresh/review the subjects, instead of memorizing, and they're little more than a more efficient version of the lecture handout. I really feel that they'll be useful next month, though.

LawGuy321

Postby LawGuy321 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Must...have...human...contact...

Must...not...play...CandyCrush...

Must...finish...this...lecture...

Must...remind...self...to eat

Why...is...coffee...shop...closed?

I'm currently in the HLS main law building, staring out the window, hoping to see signs of human life...Nada...

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:16 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
Ineedhelpplease wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:

They're okay. Early on I had a few short days so I used them to drill Contracts rules and I felt like they were very useful for strict memorization. I have found that flashcards are the best way for me to memorize. Since then I've been using them to just refresh/review the subjects, instead of memorizing, and they're little more than a more efficient version of the lecture handout. I really feel that they'll be useful next month, though.

Dropped, with the possible exception of Civ Pro.

LawGuy321

Postby LawGuy321 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Fellow Barbri Zombie here; thought it might be fun to ask how far people are into it at this point and what you're finding helpful, not helpful, confusing, overkill...

Where's everyone at? I started about 3 weeks late due to a thing called graduation and a thing called a Caribbean cruise (no regrets!). I'm approaching 10% -- focusing on the lectures with all-eyes on the July 7 MBE Simulation. Doing the diagnostic tests after the lectures, but that's about it so far...no essays, no MPT, no MPQ... had some 6-8 hour days, but mostly 4-5 hours. Feeling good about what I've learned so far but slightly worried about all that's left to do.

How are you staying motivated? (It's hard with no one around me...I'm experimenting with texting and calling ppl to chat about what I'm learning)

What's distracting you? (I came back to Boston for 2 weeks to get more done, and I thought it would be a great idea to bring my WiiU...)

My take so far:
--The contracts lecture was HILARIOUS. Can I retake all my classes with him?
--Regarding PowerAdvantage: Hire some actors, please. These DLEs cannot read copy for Shaite
--CrimLaw/CrimPro: Had fun with this topic.
--Evidence...ZzzzzzZZzz
--Next up: ConLaw & Corps.

Outis Onoma

Postby Outis Onoma » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:44 pm

I started watching Sons of Anarchy during bar prep. So no, I've not been prepping 8 hours a day.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Outis Onoma wrote:

I started watching Sons of Anarchy during bar prep. So no, I've not been prepping 8 hours a day.

omg, thank sweet Christ I haven't discovered any new binge-watching obsession. I'm minimizing my Netflix and Hulu-ing so I don't get sucked into something new, because I have zero willpower.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:47 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
Ineedhelpplease wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:

Dropped, with the possible exception of Civ Pro.

What's your plan for review/memorization? I've heard that a lot of people just create extremely condensed outlines and memorize those.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”