BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

bluesnowflake

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby bluesnowflake » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 pm

old_soul wrote:Just feeling increasingly anxious. I couldn't sleep at all last night, I ended up getting out of bed, finishing half of the Contracts lecture, and then falling asleep out of exhaustion in the morning. :|

I just don't know how I'm going to cram all of this by exam time. :cry:

I'm in there with you. :) I keep switching methods to try to memorize or remember some of this and nothing I do makes any of the stuff I've already done stick...not to mention the stuff I haven't gotten to yet. :shock:

sewei08

Postby sewei08 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:15 pm

old_soul wrote:Just feeling increasingly anxious. I couldn't sleep at all last night, I ended up getting out of bed, finishing half of the Contracts lecture, and then falling asleep out of exhaustion in the morning. :|

Lol I'm on the same boat. I hate it when Barbri has those videos that tell you to recharge and panic. Like how the hell am I supposed to do that when they assign 8+ hours of assignments a day. Just comes off as condescending.

Ineedhelpplease

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 pm

bluesnowflake wrote:

I'm in there with you. :) I keep switching methods to try to memorize or remember some of this and nothing I do makes any of the stuff I've already done stick...not to mention the stuff I haven't gotten to yet. :shock:

Same here. I had trouble sleeping last night, made my con law lecture harder to keep up with. Personal obligations limited me to only doing the lecture, reviewing my outline and reading strategies and tactics for real prop (doing right now). I was going to try and get some questions in but I'm so exhausted only thing keeping me up is coffee.

kmp127

Postby kmp127 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:
bluesnowflake wrote:

Same here. I had trouble sleeping last night, made my con law lecture harder to keep up with. Personal obligations limited me to only doing the lecture, reviewing my outline and reading strategies and tactics for real prop (doing right now). I was going to try and get some questions in but I'm so exhausted only thing keeping me up is coffee.

Sometimes i play would you rather.... like would i rather take the bar or......... punched in the gut by mayweather... eat a cockroach... walk through a crowded mall naked...

Unfortunately when I wake up in the middle of the night with panic attacks I lay there thinking about this nonsense instead of getting up and doing the work I should be doing....

Sorry, it's that time of night when brain = jello.

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm streaming a movie on Netflix and I keep thinking I want to click on the 1.5x button.

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Has anyone fought with a SO yet?

Ineedhelpplease

Postby Ineedhelpplease » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Just finished reading strategies and tactics (property & future interests), makes me want to put all this crap away and enjoy the summer.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:36 pm

Oregon's state CivPro lecture is done by Kaufman, who apparently teaches at Loyola Chicago. Did I say Fransceze was the worst? I lied; Kaufman is the worst. Holy shit this is painful. He talks fast so I can't speed it up much, but repeats everything over and over, and his voice cracks constantly.

And the lecture handout is mostly lines to fill in stuff, hardly anything already typed out.
The "handout" is only 15 pages and the lecture is 2:47 long. WTF.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:47 pm

^ive abandoned all lectures. And hope.

Seriously I'm so pleased when I can put in a sold 3-4 hours that I can't bring myself to do any more in a day. I keep telling myself that I'll be productive in July.

Also, my "local day" is 6 essays, all of which can be MBE topics. The committee has discretion over what amount if any are actual state topics. Theoretically I could be tested on nothing state-specific. Does that make sense?

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:04 am

My favorites so far are Epstein, Chemerinsky, and Alexander.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:05 am

Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:My favorites so far are Epstein, Chemerinsky, and Alexander.

You obviously haven't had Freer

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:15 am

Danger Zone wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:My favorites so far are Epstein, Chemerinsky, and Alexander.

You obviously haven't had Freer

I have him for Corporations this week, ill let you know.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:16 am

I like this Epstein character

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:18 am

I don't have Epstein for anything. Noreuil for Crim/CrimPro was pretty good.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:23 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:I like this Epstein character

Squash those caterpillars

sewei08

Postby sewei08 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:43 am

myrtlewinston wrote:Has anyone fought with a SO yet?

I haven't fought w/ her yet but we definitely miss spending time with each other. IDK, I have zero time for her cause all my time is spent w/ BarBri.

jamescastle

Postby jamescastle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:19 am

It took me forever to get through Chemerinsky's lectures since there was so much note taking but I think it'll be really helpful when I go through to review those subjects hard in July. Like I think everything is there somewhere in that outline.
And if you like puns, he's great. The smile and pause he does for each is hilarious to me.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:23 am

Freer is the best. He teaches my state's civ pro. Those 6 hours flew by.

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:28 am

I am feeling the same way. I started about four weeks ago, and I feel like I've already forgotten everything I re-learned from my first subject. I don't know what to do other than flash cards and keep going with Barbri's schedule. But it doesn't feel like it's working.

And I still have Evidence, Trusts/Wills (OMG), and Corporations (double OMG) to "learn."

Is this supposed to 'click' or something soon? :cry:

jamescastle

Postby jamescastle » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:33 am

Just did my first closed book essay. Got rocked.

Didn't help that it was a property non-judicial sale essay where part of the answer details how a sale must be between 10am and 4pm on the first Tuesday of any month following the notice which has its own wonky requirements.
Ungh...

I guess I'll keep trudging along and telling myself through repetition and all that I'll get it to click sometime before July 28... :?

Neff

Postby Neff » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:58 am

Last edited by Neff on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Learned Throw Hands

Postby Learned Throw Hands » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:16 am

I keep hearing that we should attempt to create a rule of law and apply it to the facts when you don't know the rule. I've even heard that if you have time, to make up an exception to that rule lol. Anyone have any idea how that strategy actually nets points because the BARBRI score sheets seem to require that we apply the facts to the correct law in a meaningful way.

Do you net points because you're using each fact in some way, even if they're being applied to a made up rule? Just trying to come up with a decent strategy to bullshit when I don't know something.

941law

Postby 941law » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:46 am

RaleighStClair wrote:
Charger wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:Was flipping through the early pages of the MPQ today, and realized that I never did the "MBE Preview Diagnostic Exam."

Did I miss something, or were we assigned to do this?

I discovered the diagnostic a few weeks back and was like, wtf why didn't they tell us to do this? But then I realized it's a good thing. Who cares about getting a diagnostic on subjects we haven't looked at since 1L. And not having done it means there's an extra set of 100 practice qs later in the game.

That's true. I'll take free questions.

Yeah, I'm feeling like there are multiple choice questions spread out here and there that I need to go find. Like a damn Easter egg hunt. I think Barbri should simplify all their various outlets of questions. Phases 1 through whatever.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:04 am

rinkrat19 wrote:Oregon's state CivPro lecture is done by Kaufman, who apparently teaches at Loyola Chicago. Did I say Fransceze was the worst? I lied; Kaufman is the worst. Holy shit this is painful. He talks fast so I can't speed it up much, but repeats everything over and over, and his voice cracks constantly.

His voice is terrible. He does NY agency and partnership too.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:09 am

Danger Zone wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Oregon's state CivPro lecture is done by Kaufman, who apparently teaches at Loyola Chicago. Did I say Fransceze was the worst? I lied; Kaufman is the worst. Holy shit this is painful. He talks fast so I can't speed it up much, but repeats everything over and over, and his voice cracks constantly.

His voice is terrible. He does NY agency and partnership too.

Had Kaufman for NY agency & partnership lecture. Not a fan. Besides his voice, he's the classic example of "I will tell you everything that could possibly be tested," followed by an assessment that covers almost exclusively rules that he didn't cover in the lecture.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”