BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

stronitsing

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby stronitsing » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:38 pm

941law wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Barbri responded to my email. Apparently the books are recycled. Good news!

Meaning what exactly?

meaning they won't go to a landfill, but will be recycled into a new paper product. hippies from the oregon worry about those kind of things (kidding)

History_Buff

Postby History_Buff » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:57 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:This wait is brutal

NC should be out soonish.

How does NC get their stuff out so soon?

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:15 pm

History_Buff wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:

NC should be out soonish.

How does NC get their stuff out so soon?

No clue, but they are usually the fastest with a 4 week turnaround time. They are like the New Hampshire primary for Bar results

BuckinghamB

Postby BuckinghamB » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:25 pm

WIsconsin is pretty quick too. Sept 2 is our release date I think

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:59 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:WIsconsin is pretty quick too. Sept 2 is our release date I think

On behalf of the October/November crowd, I'm extraordinarily jealous

The further I get out from the exam, the more I feel like I failed

Greenandgold

Postby Greenandgold » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Once the first states start getting their results back will we know what the scale was for the MBE for all states?

Arbinshire

Postby Arbinshire » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Greenandgold wrote:Once the first states start getting their results back will we know what the scale was for the MBE for all states?

No. We'll be able to guess, generally, based upon past performance and compare pass rates to past years. The scale isn't released because NCBE are assholes.

LAW813FL

Postby LAW813FL » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Arbinshire wrote:
Greenandgold wrote:Once the first states start getting their results back will we know what the scale was for the MBE for all states?

No. We'll be able to guess, generally, based upon past performance and compare pass rates to past years. The scale isn't released because NCBE are assholes.

those bastards, my scantron could have been graded a thousand times by now and they could let me know, but noooooooooooo.

History_Buff

Postby History_Buff » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:08 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
Arbinshire wrote:

those bastards, my scantron could have been graded a thousand times by now and they could let me know, but noooooooooooo.

Yeah, but if they were to let you know that would miss the point of the bar exam being a hazing ritual.

Arbinshire

Postby Arbinshire » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:33 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
Arbinshire wrote:

Based upon my experience with another competitive, and larger, standardized test - They'll have the scantrons run/completed this week. After that, the time is spent on developing the formula for this MBE and determining any klunkers which they may give credit for if there was a disparate number of people answering similarly. Then next week they'll send that out to the district to use for the scoring of the MEE.

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:12 am

Anybody having nightmares about the bar exam? I've had probably 5 that I can remembe since the exam date, and they're all horrible; some variations on not making it to the exam room on time, etc.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:33 am

RaleighStClair wrote:Anybody having nightmares about the bar exam? I've had probably 5 that I can remembe since the exam date, and they're all horrible; some variations on not making it to the exam room on time, etc.

Yep. Almost every night :/

jwe-houston

Postby jwe-houston » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:50 am

RaleighStClair wrote:Anybody having nightmares about the bar exam? I've had probably 5 that I can remembe since the exam date, and they're all horrible; some variations on not making it to the exam room on time, etc.

Only once, and not so much a nightmare, but high anxiety. Just that I was on day 2 (of 3) of the bar and it was about to start and the elevator would not stop on the right floor, too high or too low. Weird because there were no elevators at my testing location.

LAW813FL

Postby LAW813FL » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:42 pm

jwe-houston wrote:

Only once, and not so much a nightmare, but high anxiety. Just that I was on day 2 (of 3) of the bar and it was about to start and the elevator would not stop on the right floor, too high or too low. Weird because there were no elevators at my testing location.

The night before the mbe, I had a dream that I overslept and missed the morning session and then I woke up and couldn't sleep. I've probably had 3 or 4 nightmares about failing the bar since

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:59 pm

anyone else looking for a job right now? talk about bad timing.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Yep. A couple of nights ago I dreamt that I took a walk and got lost during the lunch break on the last day of the exam, was late to the last session, and they wouldn't let me in.

Mactx

Postby Mactx » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:56 pm

941law wrote:anyone else looking for a job right now? talk about bad timing.

Bad timing?

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 pm

Mactx wrote:
941law wrote:anyone else looking for a job right now? talk about bad timing.

Bad timing?

Well besides the obvious legal market jokes, I just meant applying for an associate position when you don't have bar results back or applying to a job you're overqualified for. I left a job because I didn't want to be there long term and wanted to focus on bar study and now here I am.

BVest

Postby BVest » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:04 pm

I've had several post-bar. My bar exam nightmares started in early June when BLE required us to load ExamSoft and I made the mistake of reading the admissions rules.

My most recent post-bar dream was Friday morning when I dreamed that there was a 4th day consisting entirely of logic games combined with statutory interpretation, and the answers hinged on whether the question involved a red man, green man, or blue man or some combination thereof. I kept thinking "equal protection" but then had to remind myself that this was not the MBE but some other beast.

rcharter1978

Postby rcharter1978 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:52 pm

BVest wrote:I've had several post-bar. My bar exam nightmares started in early June when BLE required us to load ExamSoft and I made the mistake of reading the admissions rules.

My most recent post-bar dream was Friday morning when I dreamed that there was a 4th day consisting entirely of logic games combined with statutory interpretation, and the answers hinged on whether the question involved a red man, green man, or blue man or some combination thereof. I kept thinking "equal protection" but then had to remind myself that this was not the MBE but some other beast.

This would have only been better if Chemerinsky had shown up naked.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:39 am

November fucking twentieth!!!! I'm going to kill someone.

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:45 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:

Ours is September 11th, of all days. Being recently jobless, and very skeptical about my passing, I'm kind of wishing it was longer. If I don't pass, I don't think I'd start prepping until November or so anyway for Feb.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:13 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:

Ours is September 11th, of all days. Being recently jobless, and very skeptical about my passing, I'm kind of wishing it was longer. If I don't pass, I don't think I'd start prepping until November or so anyway for Feb.

The thing is, if I pass on California I want to take the Illinois bar. But if I don't pass I want to retake, if course. It's annoying that I won't even be able to know where I'm registering for February until almost December.

Arbinshire

Postby Arbinshire » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:19 pm

rcharter1978 wrote:
BVest wrote:I've had several post-bar. My bar exam nightmares started in early June when BLE required us to load ExamSoft and I made the mistake of reading the admissions rules.

This would have only been better if Chemerinsky had shown up naked.

That would be ...most... horrible. I can't think of something worse.

History_Buff

Postby History_Buff » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:19 am

Well two weeks of waiting down, bout 9 more to go for me.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”