BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

charlesxavier

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:08 pm

kyle010723 wrote:Oh well, we're done!! And my state will only tell me if I pass or not, so I wouldn't even know how well or poorly I did on the MBE.

I'm just sitting here in my hotel room looking over my notes for the six essays in the mornings :x

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:10 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:Oh well, we're done!! And my state will only tell me if I pass or not, so I wouldn't even know how well or poorly I did on the MBE.

I'm just sitting here in my hotel room looking over my notes for the six essays in the mornings :x

Essays? Huh?

History_Buff

Postby History_Buff » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:15 pm

Well for better or for worse I'm done. Fuck this shit. Where's the goddamn booze?

cdelgado

Postby cdelgado » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:38 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:

Essays? Huh?

Yeah not all of us are done.

cdelgado

Postby cdelgado » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:39 pm

I'm still pissed about this MBE. Hopefully I did okay, but this whole "minimum competency" thing is a charade. That MBE was fit for a law school exam.

rickgrimes69

Postby rickgrimes69 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 pm

I don't know who I should even be most angry at.

Should I be mad at NY BOLE for giving us a bunch of essays which consisted almost exclusively of insanely detailed distinctions, some of which they have literally never tested before?

Should I be mad at NCBE for taking the opportunity to introduce Civ Pro with questions so difficult Chem himself would be mouthing "what the eff" while doing them?

Should I be mad at Barbri for completely dropping the ball and wholly failing to prepare us for either, despite giving us rage strokes over the last two months with their insane workload and terribly written questions?

Should I just be mad at myself for expecting anything different / willingly subjecting myself to this?

Someone must be blamed. I have some soul searching to do.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:58 pm

Aren't there like 10 different forms of the MBE? Same questions just a different order?

History_Buff

Postby History_Buff » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm

charlesxavier wrote:Aren't there like 10 different forms of the MBE? Same questions just a different order?

I think that's correct.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 pm

History_Buff wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:Aren't there like 10 different forms of the MBE? Same questions just a different order?

I think that's correct.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure before I begin worrying for the next 3 months about what order my answers were in compared to someone else.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:05 pm

History_Buff wrote:

I think that's correct.

But all am and all pm exams are the same right? In terms of what questions they contain?

cdelgado

Postby cdelgado » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:07 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
History_Buff wrote:

I think that's correct.

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure before I begin worrying for the next 3 months about what order my answers were in compared to someone else.

How would you remember your answers and questions in enough detail?

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:09 pm

cdelgado wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
History_Buff wrote:

I think that's correct.

I honestly cannot remember more than 2 questions and the answer I picked anymore. That's probably a good thing since there's nothing we can do now.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:12 pm

cdelgado wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
History_Buff wrote:

I think that's correct.

I don't. People are saying they got a bunch of B's or D's in a row but presumably that wouldn't apply to everyone if the questions are in a different order.

despina

Postby despina » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Shameless plug because I don't want the sample to be biased toward my Kaplan compatriots -- poll for MBE difficulty vs expectations: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=251990

vulaw

Postby vulaw » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:36 pm

charlesxavier wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I felt like almost all of barbri/Guzman's tips were worthless. It's like the questions were written to avoid them being helpful.

I 100% agree. It felt like the MBE purposely tested around what Barbri taught.

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:37 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
cdelgado wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
History_Buff wrote:

I think that's correct.

I don't. People are saying they got a bunch of B's or D's in a row but presumably that wouldn't apply to everyone if the questions are in a different order.

Can confirm. I had tons of Bs and Ds.

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Damn that shit was rough

MaroPolo

Postby MaroPolo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:44 pm

charlesxavier wrote:

Can confirm. I had tons of Bs and Ds.[/quote]

Same experience. Some A/C repeaters, but majority were Bs and Ds. Think I had a string of 4 Ds at one point.

bear patrol

Postby bear patrol » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:48 pm

MaroPolo wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:

Same experience. Some A/C repeaters, but majority were Bs and Ds. Think I had a string of 4 Ds at one point.[/quote]

Same here. I don't know why it makes me feel better but it makes me feel better knowing other people had a bunch of B's and D's too.

MaroPolo

Postby MaroPolo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

deleted

Neff

Postby Neff » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:08 pm

Of the 200, I counted 92 that I thought were correct beyond a reasonable doubt. The remaining 108 I was uncertain about, ranging from "probably X but could be wrong" to "WTF no idea."

Devlin

Postby Devlin » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:09 pm

rickgrimes69 wrote:I don't know who I should even be most angry at.

Should I be mad at NY BOLE for giving us a bunch of essays which consisted almost exclusively of insanely detailed distinctions, some of which they have literally never tested before?

Should I be mad at NCBE for taking the opportunity to introduce Civ Pro with questions so difficult Chem himself would be mouthing "what the eff" while doing them?

Should I be mad at Barbri for completely dropping the ball and wholly failing to prepare us for either, despite giving us rage strokes over the last two months with their insane workload and terribly written questions?

Should I just be mad at myself for expecting anything different / willingly subjecting myself to this?

Someone must be blamed. I have some soul searching to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Neff wrote:Of the 200, I counted 92 that I thought were correct beyond a reasonable doubt. The remaining 108 I was uncertain about, ranging from "probably X but could be wrong" to "WTF no idea."

92 lead pipe locks is pretty good. 50/50 on the rest is still a heck of a score.

old_soul

Postby old_soul » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:16 pm

mr.hands wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
cdelgado wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
History_Buff wrote:

I think that's correct.

Tons of Bs and Ds. Yup. Some Cs in a row but rare. Did anyone notice that A was often a very threshold kind of rule statement? Whenever I would pick A it would make me super nervous.

Also, it seemed to me that this exam was assuming you knew the law, and they were testing a kind of analysis that goes 5 steps beyond. I don't think 75% of the qs compared to what we saw in Barbri. Format was completely different. Very few straightorward questions, maybe 15 of them I'm confident I got right. Yeah, almost none of Guzman's stuff applied. I thought Con law was super hard too.
Last edited by old_soul on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neff

Postby Neff » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:17 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Neff wrote:Of the 200, I counted 92 that I thought were correct beyond a reasonable doubt. The remaining 108 I was uncertain about, ranging from "probably X but could be wrong" to "WTF no idea."

92 lead pipe locks is pretty good. 50/50 on the rest is still a heck of a score.

Well, a decent number of the 92 may be wrong because they're one of those questions where I immediately think I know the answer to, only to find out after grading that I misread the question because I got ahead of myself. Taking that into account, I still think/hope I passed, but it's rather too close for comfort.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”