Good Guy Gaud

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 pm

Day one complete! Congrats everyone!!!!

Anyone take the MBE? MEE was totally legit not bad at all

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:05 pm

UBE state. Felt like the MEE was really straightforward, except trusts which I blew. Did well on one of the MPTs but not on the other.

Gonna crush it tomorrow. Godspeed everyone.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Just a reminder guys, we're not allow to talk about the substance of the test, or TLS threaten to ban us. Subjects in general are probably fine, but I wouldn't go into details.

But yea, I'm not doing any MBE questions tonight. Let's hope they're not too far off from Barbri. And hopefully the Civ Pro is not as impossible as Emanuel.

odoylerulez

Postby odoylerulez » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:11 pm

diowad wrote:
odoylerulez wrote:We got such a magnificent essay draw in my state. I am so happy. 4 MBE essays, 2 MEE-exclusive.

MPT was average - not too easy, not too painful. Our MEE was Contracts, Torts, Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Trusts, and Corporations. Played to a lot of my strengths. I'm hoping I put it away today.

We also had those topics. Thought they were pretty gentle actually. Negligence, basic K formation and remedies, PJ and SMJ, etc. Pretty basic stuff I thought.

Not sure if you had the same MPT. I thought the MPT was a slam dunk. Pretty easy issues to spot. My one fear is that maybe I made everything too simple. I walked out feeling confused and being like "that's it?" I was expecting a lot more panic and confusion on both sections.

We had an agency MPT (that one was a little tricky to organize, I thought), and the second MPT was a copyright infringement that I'm fairly sure was based off of the Baltimore Ravens case from a few years back.

The Contracts one was super easy. Torts actually threw me off a little bit out of the gate -- Civ Pro was also easy, but was a timesink too. Crim Law was easy. Bus Org wasn't too bad but I think I conflated the two interrogatories quite a bit and wasn't well organized there. And, pinning down the remedies in the Trusts problem was a little difficult too, but it wasn't impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Overall though those were six of the easiest essays I've seen all summer as a collective whole.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:17 pm

cdelgado wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:Overall, I feel okay. I just hate questions that set you up for bad answers--like "state the arguments for both sides" and then you end up basically repeating the same stuff over and over.

Especially when you have clear standing issues to address.
Con law was another matter.

My con law essay was a mess. It's one of those where I knew the rules I just wasn't exactly sure how they fit the question--at least part 1. I felt like the essays fell into two categories: know the rule and apply it to this specific scenario or here's a bunch of information and figure out how to apply these general rules to it.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:20 pm

odoylerulez wrote:
diowad wrote:
odoylerulez wrote:We got such a magnificent essay draw in my state. I am so happy. 4 MBE essays, 2 MEE-exclusive.

MPT was average - not too easy, not too painful. Our MEE was Contracts, Torts, Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Trusts, and Corporations. Played to a lot of my strengths. I'm hoping I put it away today.

We also had those topics. Thought they were pretty gentle actually. Negligence, basic K formation and remedies, PJ and SMJ, etc. Pretty basic stuff I thought.

Not sure if you had the same MPT. I thought the MPT was a slam dunk. Pretty easy issues to spot. My one fear is that maybe I made everything too simple. I walked out feeling confused and being like "that's it?" I was expecting a lot more panic and confusion on both sections.

We had an agency MPT (that one was a little tricky to organize, I thought), and the second MPT was a copyright infringement that I'm fairly sure was based off of the Baltimore Ravens case from a few years back.

The Contracts one was super easy. Torts actually threw me off a little bit out of the gate -- Civ Pro was also easy, but was a timesink too. Crim Law was easy. Bus Org wasn't too bad but I think I conflated the two interrogatories quite a bit and wasn't well organized there. And, pinning down the remedies in the Trusts problem was a little difficult too, but it wasn't impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Overall though those were six of the easiest essays I've seen all summer as a collective whole.

Agree. MPT was the most straightforward I've seen, though on the agency one I almost messed up the timeline of some of the charges. Caught it though. Also thought the essays were shockingly/suspiciously easy even though I had to stretch a little on the Corps/Trusts one. Felt so much better than I thought I would but still semi-convinced that I just missed a bunch of things. Freezing room, however.

gmail

Postby gmail » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Today I learned that 'eyeteeth' is a word.

Outis Onoma

Postby Outis Onoma » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 pm

Honestly, at least for the UBE, I don't see how they could fail anyone who stuck with the CIRAC method and wrote SOMETHING down. Don't know how they will find 20% to fail - which scares me.

N.P.H.

Postby N.P.H. » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 pm

editing my striver post
Last edited by N.P.H. on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:22 pm

gmail wrote:Today I learned that 'eyeteeth' is a word.

I made such a point of this. HE SAID HE WOULD GIVE HIS EYETEETH. I actually think I said it more than once.

cdelgado

Postby cdelgado » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:23 pm

kyle010723 wrote:Just a reminder guys, we're not allow to talk about the substance of the test, or TLS threaten to ban us. Subjects in general are probably fine, but I wouldn't go into details.

But yea, I'm not doing any MBE questions tonight. Let's hope they're not too far off from Barbri. And hopefully the Civ Pro is not as impossible as Emanuel.

Let's hope. Who knows how Barbri has prepared us for them.

cdelgado

Postby cdelgado » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Outis Onoma wrote:Honestly, at least for the UBE, I don't see how they could fail anyone who stuck with the CIRAC method and wrote SOMETHING down. Don't know how they will find 20% to fail - which scares me.

I'm not in a UBE state but thought about the same for today. I don't know how they come up with the numbers. But, I still have two more days to go and anything can happen.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:33 pm

I've decided I hate dumbing down explaining legal shit to laypeople. (both MPTs, although the subjects were fine) Good thing I'm not gonna be a PD.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No13baby

Postby No13baby » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Killingly wrote:
odoylerulez wrote:
diowad wrote:

Agree. MPT was the most straightforward I've seen, though on the agency one I almost messed up the timeline of some of the charges. Caught it though. Also thought the essays were shockingly/suspiciously easy even though I had to stretch a little on the Corps/Trusts one. Felt so much better than I thought I would but still semi-convinced that I just missed a bunch of things. Freezing room, however.

I ran out of time on the second MPT and didn't have time to apply the facts to the law of the last case. I got the law down and then just wrote TIME in the middle of my sentence. Ugh I'm going to faillllllllll D:

jamescastle

Postby jamescastle » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Was just comparing percentages of the Half Day BARBRI MBE and the Full Day BARBRI MBE I did this past weekend and I see this:

Half Day Criminal Law & Procedure: 10/14
Full Day Criminal Law & Procedure: 11/29

Half Day Evidence: 6/14
Full Day Evidence: 20/28

Half Day Torts: 5/15
Full Day Torts: 17/29

Lmao wut.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:37 pm

^ nah, don't say that!

mr.hands

Postby mr.hands » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Killingly wrote:^ nah, don't say that!

Agreed. Even below average essays pass the bar exam. Setting up the law and identifying the issue is worth points by itself. No worries.

BVest

Postby BVest » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:20 pm

victortsoi wrote:so who's looking over mbe stuff? I haven't looked at it for like a week and worried i forgot everything. it all snaps back right>?

I'm looking over the con law equal protection stuff. For some reason, I can tell you what test you use for what category of people and who has BOP, but for some reason "Substantially related to Important Gov't Purpose" and "Necessary to Compelling Gov't Interest" don't stick. (Actually, part of the reason I'm replying is the hope that this helps stick them in my head). I've done well on the practice questions, but I feel like that was luck.

5ky

Postby 5ky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:21 pm

don't forget: in all likelihood you will be raging when you come back tomorrow about how the MBE questions were trickier than barbri's and how shitty a jerb they did. this results from:

1. nerves
2. you only remember the hard ones, and not the easy ones
3. you cannot immediately grade like you are used to, so you've never had to deal with this before

just keep that in mind.

BVest

Postby BVest » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:23 pm

gmail wrote:Today I learned that 'eyeteeth' is a word.

Of course. How else would you propose pluralizing eyetooth?

Kage3212

Postby Kage3212 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:29 pm

5ky wrote:don't forget: in all likelihood you will be raging when you come back tomorrow about how the MBE questions were trickier than barbri's and how shitty a jerb they did. this results from:

1. nerves
3. you cannot immediately grade like you are used to, so you've never had to deal with this before

just keep that in mind.

Hopefully not trickier than MPQ sets 5 for all subjects. Did you by chance utilize Adaptibar? I may have asked you this before. Just curious how questions compare there if you have experience?

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:34 pm

5ky wrote:don't forget: in all likelihood you will be raging when you come back tomorrow about how the MBE questions were trickier than barbri's and how shitty a jerb they did. this results from:

1. nerves

just keep that in mind.

So are they trickier or not?

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:41 pm

3|ink wrote:

1. nerves

just keep that in mind.

So are they trickier or not?

Yea, what's this negativity??

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:43 pm

So, who actually slept last night? I think I was out for 3 hours max.

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:45 pm

3|ink wrote:So, who actually slept last night? I think I was out for 3 hours max.

Garbage!

Woke up like 3040746 times

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”