BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

rinkrat19

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:52 pm

3|ink wrote:You know, after re-reading Virginia's dress code instructions, I'm not sure we're required to wear pants.
And I want to see a woman show up in a 18th century showgirl costume. Musical theater is a business, and the costume is traditional!

You'd think that they'd be careful not to write instructions for lawyers with any ambiguities.

I particularly like the sniffy "we trust that this needs no further discussion" at the end. What assholes.

xChiTowNx

Postby xChiTowNx » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:00 am

Finished Emmanuels - strangely I did better on PM than the AM set. Hopefully I'll be able to replicate it on Wednesday :)

Edit: What's the +/- for having Civ Pro (since the emmanuels practice doesnt have them) or for gameday adrenaline?
Last edited by xChiTowNx on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

franklyscarlet

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:04 am

3|ink wrote:You know, after re-reading Virginia's dress code instructions, I'm not sure we're required to wear pants.

That is some high level bullshit.

Any dress code in il to anyone's knowledge? Because if I can't wear my yoga pants that might be just enough to put me mentally over the edge.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:21 am

franklyscarlet wrote:

That is some high level bullshit.

Any dress code in il to anyone's knowledge? Because if I can't wear my yoga pants that might be just enough to put me mentally over the edge.

Nope, you can wear whatever you want in IL. No hoodies though.

Charger

Postby Charger » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:31 am

What's the word on hoodies in CA?

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:56 am

Charger wrote:What's the word on hoodies in CA?

No clue. I'm planning on wearing chinos and a hoodie. I've already shipped pretty much all of my clothes home, so the only hoodie I have is a law school hoodie. Hope that's not too tacky.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:24 am

The final percentile ranking is up for anyone that cares. Otherwise safe travel tomorrow! (Or today, depends on your time zone)

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:38 am

kyle010723 wrote:The final percentile ranking is up for anyone that cares. Otherwise safe travel tomorrow! (Or today, depends on your time zone)

Bro there is like one state where the Bar starts tomorrow. These types of posts are freaking me out.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:42 am

brotherdarkness wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:The final percentile ranking is up for anyone that cares. Otherwise safe travel tomorrow! (Or today, depends on your time zone)

Bro there is like one state where the Bar starts tomorrow. These types of posts are freaking me out.

Haha, I figured most people will be traveling to a hotel or at least the city. Is anyone actually driving to the test site the morning of? I guess if you live in the same city.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:44 am

kyle010723 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

Haha, I figured most people will be traveling to a hotel or at least the city. Is anyone actually driving to the test site the morning of? I guess if you live in the same city.

What kind of person drives 2+ hours to the test center the morning of to be there by 8? I want to meet that guy and understand his secrets...Sounds like the kind of person who is going places ;)

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:46 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

What kind of person drives 2+ hours to the test center the morning of to be there by 8? I want to meet that guy and understand his secrets...Sounds like the kind of person who is going places ;)

I drove an hour to my LSAT, and enjoyed the relaxation time.

In this case, I just have to commute across Portland. Shorter than my 2L summer commute, nbd.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:49 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

In this case, I just have to commute across Portland. Shorter than my 2L summer commute, nbd.

This is actually a good point and I was thinking about this earlier today. I almost with I had a shortish drive just to decompress a bit before getting to the test center.

BTW, did you go to L&C?

jamescastle

Postby jamescastle » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:56 am

I'm driving to my test center each day. Then again I think it's like 15 minutes in traffic.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:57 am

kyle010723 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

I'm driving from Berkeley to Oakland. It's less than 10 miles, so a hotel seemed unnecessary (plus I prefer sleeping in my own apartment, where I have plenty of whisky to get me thru this thing).

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:02 am

robinhoodOO wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

This is actually a good point and I was thinking about this earlier today. I almost with I had a shortish drive just to decompress a bit before getting to the test center.

BTW, did you go to L&C?

Nope, I did not go to Northwestern Law School at Lewis & Clark College; I went to Northwestern University School of Law. (sorry, I had to do it. I'm going to have a whole career of explaining that I went to the Chicago Northwestern. :P )

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:04 am

You from Portland Rink? I've never been, but I have family up there that have been pressuring me to visit. Considering going up during August. I hear it's a foodie's paradise.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:06 am

Wait, there's another Northwestern that's not in Chicago...?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:16 am

kyle010723 wrote:Wait, there's another Northwestern that's not in Chicago...?

I think it was the original name of L&C's law school before the college took it over, or something. Correspondence from L&C comes with a big ol' "NORTHWESTERN LAW SCHOOL at Lewis & Clark College" on it (the subject of many heart attacks during application season, lol), and a lot of firm attorney profiles online will just straight up list "Northwestern Law School" as their JD. (Some sites do the whole name, and some sites just say Lewis & Clark Law School.) I worked both summers in the area and my bosses were always introducing me to other lawyers as "this is our summer intern, Rinkrat..she goes to the real Northwestern, in Chicago." It ranged from cringe worthy to a good laugh.

brotherdarkness wrote:You from Portland Rink? I've never been, but I have family up there that have been pressuring me to visit. Considering going up during August. I hear it's a foodie's paradise.
I was born in Washington but have lived here since kindergarten (1984). Almost but not quite a native.
You should visit! It's not a big city but there is a lot of really good food of basically any type (and wine and beer and coffee and chocolate and spirits and...)
My number 1 thing not to miss is Powell's Books. Best bookstore in the country and one of the best in the world. No joke.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:20 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:You from Portland Rink? I've never been, but I have family up there that have been pressuring me to visit. Considering going up during August. I hear it's a foodie's paradise.

You should visit! It's not a big city but there is a lot of really good food of basically any type (and wine and beer and coffee and chocolate and spirits and...)
My number 1 thing not to miss is Powell's Books. Best bookstore in the country and one of the best in the world. No joke.

Awesome, thanks for the pointers. I like cities of all sizes -- big cities are pretty awe-inspiring, but I like the unique culture and small-town feel of smaller cities (I'm from a smaller city, so I love things like family-owned restaurants/cafes and so on). I hear Powell's books is amazing. My family is filled with bibliophiles/bookworms and they RAVE about Powell's. I'm addicted to the way books smell and my iPad can never replace that. I've got a long list of fiction to read during August, so a trip to Powell's is certainly in order.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:26 am

Hahaha, I honestly did not know there's another Northwestern. Fascinating.

BVest

Postby BVest » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:27 am

jamescastle wrote:I'm driving to my test center each day. Then again I think it's like 15 25 minutes in traffic.

BVest

Postby BVest » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:31 am

rinkrat19 wrote:You should visit! It's not a big city but there is a lot of really good food of basically any type (and wine and beer and coffee and chocolate and spirits and...)

I like Portland. Powell's I could take or leave; I imagine I would have liked it more but I don't like to read (that's why I went to law school :wink: ). We're starting our post-bar road trip in the PNW, but I don't know if we'll hit Portland this time around (though we'll hit Eugene to see friends).

Outis Onoma

Postby Outis Onoma » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:39 am

With 1 day left I'm starting to regret a lot of my decisions over the past 10 weeks. Met the average barbri completion rate for my state and 82% on emanuels but... why did I have to dick around so much?

And who are these people who say they spend 12 hours a day for the last two weeks? Never really went more than 5-6 hours.

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 am

kyle010723 wrote:Hahaha, I honestly did not know there's another Northwestern. Fascinating.

I applied to L&C in 2011 and thought it was just Lewis & Clark haha...Apparently it goes by both

robinhoodOO

Postby robinhoodOO » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:
robinhoodOO wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:

BTW, did you go to L&C?

Nope, I did not go to Northwestern Law School at Lewis & Clark College; I went to Northwestern University School of Law. (sorry, I had to do it. I'm going to have a whole career of explaining that I went to the Chicago Northwestern. :P )

It looks better on a resume too :wink:

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”