BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

cdelgado

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby cdelgado » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:57 pm

I just don't know enough law on these essays. Every essay I learn something new.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:03 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:Today's the first day in about a month (aside from the 4th of July) that instead of studying within an hour of waking up, I just sat down and watched a movie. I can't tell you how good it feels. Burnout is real, you guys.

I'll probably put in a few hours later today, but that's it.

There's that awful twilight zone where I think "am I burning out or do I really not know the elements of larceny?"

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:09 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:Today's the first day in about a month (aside from the 4th of July) that instead of studying within an hour of waking up, I just sat down and watched a movie. I can't tell you how good it feels. Burnout is real, you guys.

There's that awful twilight zone where I think "am I burning out or do I really not know the elements of larceny?"

Lol. Don't worry, I'm sure you're fine. It's actually nice to just look over this thread on my phone and read your guys' discussions on P&I, DCC, writing requirement for modifications, etc. Chilling but still learning haha.

DesperadoOfColumbia

Postby DesperadoOfColumbia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm

charlesxavier wrote:

"Yo, I'm coming to your house, taking yo shit, and you ain ever finna git it back, deal with it.That your pit? I'll take that too."

I roomed with a really (faux, it turns out) gangsta type for a bit in law school and my current roomie is from Tennessee, when my mind blanks I just imagine how they'd explain it.

gmail

Postby gmail » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Do I have to pay NCBE to get legit MBE questions, or are there legit ones hiding somewhere in my Barbri materials? I am sick of ridiculous StudySmart questions.

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:50 pm

gmail wrote:Do I have to pay NCBE to get legit MBE questions, or are there legit ones hiding somewhere in my Barbri materials? I am sick of ridiculous StudySmart questions.

Barbri has real questions mixed in, there is no way to isolate the real ones from the fake ones.

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:56 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
gmail wrote:Do I have to pay NCBE to get legit MBE questions, or are there legit ones hiding somewhere in my Barbri materials? I am sick of ridiculous StudySmart questions.

Barbri has real questions mixed in, there is no way to isolate the real ones from the fake ones.

The NCBE does have samples on their website, though, if you aren't already aware of that. 31 in total, I believe.

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Killingly wrote:I truly cannot stop watching Harry Potter.

I watched like 5 of the movies yesterday lol

zta_themis

Postby zta_themis » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:01 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:

still watching them today, even though I own all of them

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:02 pm

zta_themis wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:

still watching them today, even though I own all of them

Still watching them today, even though I own all of them and watched like 3 of them yesterday. NO REGRETS.

diowad

Postby diowad » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Just doing a final wrap of all my subjects. Got to my second to last one, Civ Pro, which is usually a strong subject. Should not have gone over essay 7. Wtf is that foreign language? I'm just gonna skip it and hope it doesn't appear on Tuesday.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:08 pm

diowad wrote:Just doing a final wrap of all my subjects. Got to my second to last one, Civ Pro, which is usually a strong subject. Should not have gone over essay 7. Wtf is that foreign language? I'm just gonna skip it and hope it doesn't appear on Tuesday.

Civ Pro essay number 7 is the essay from hell. I have no idea what those poor people did in February of 2003. Not even sure you had the same one as I did so maybe Barbri just loads up the hardest ones ever as #7 for everyone.

old_soul

Postby old_soul » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:23 pm

Just took the Half Day: 65/100.

There were some sections that I missed stuff like, 5 in a row. >_< Whew. I thought the Contracts questions in this set were inordinately difficult. Just realized I missed 9 K questions! Yikes.

On to reviewing outlines for Essays.
Last edited by old_soul on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

murray18

Postby murray18 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Finishing up my essay review. Is there any reason to do more mixed sets tonight if I have been doing pretty well? I don't think I can handle a confidence blow at this point, but I have the energy, so I'm having a hard time hanging the cleats up...

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:31 pm

murray18 wrote:Finishing up my essay review. Is there any reason to do more mixed sets tonight if I have been doing pretty well? I don't think I can handle a confidence blow at this point, but I have the energy, so I'm having a hard time hanging the cleats up...

No, go do something fun. If you have been doing well, just drop mic and walk away.

DesperadoOfColumbia

Postby DesperadoOfColumbia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:48 pm

murray18 wrote:Finishing up my essay review. Is there any reason to do more mixed sets tonight if I have been doing pretty well? I don't think I can handle a confidence blow at this point, but I have the energy, so I'm having a hard time hanging the cleats up...

Step 1: Buy 2 Mickey's 40oz or St. Ides (or 40 of your choice)

Step 2: Sit on your stoop/porch/couch/preferred seating

Step 3: Drink

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:59 pm

For anyone else who was curious after the post about the OBE-MBE from the NCBE:

I took the OBE 4 test this morning and got a scaled score of 164 (which would be low 150s raw using past raw score conversion charts). Consistent with what other posters have said, the questions are just more straight-forward. Like, there's usually just one issue they're testing on and it tends not to be that difficult to recognize which issue it is. Also, it's usually easier to toss out 1-2 of the answer choices almost immediately.

WE ARE GOING TO CRUSH THE BAR EXAM

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:For anyone else who was curious after the post about the OBE-MBE from the NCBE:

I took the OBE 4 test this morning and got a scaled score of 164 (which would be low 150s raw using past raw score conversion charts). Consistent with what other posters have said, the questions are just more straight-forward. Like, there's usually just one issue they're testing on and it tends not to be that difficult to recognize which issue it is. Also, it's usually easier to toss out 1-2 of the answer choices almost immediately.

Comparable to Emanuel? Or even easier?

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:02 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:For anyone else who was curious after the post about the OBE-MBE from the NCBE:

Easier, IMO. I got around 137/200 on the Emanuel practice exam, so if the NCBE test is any indicator, you'll likely score higher than what you did on Emanuel.

ETA: and I took the Emanuel test this last week so it's not as if I've learned a ton since that time

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:04 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:

Easier, IMO. I got around 137/200 on the Emanuel practice exam, so if the NCBE test is any indicator, you'll likely score higher than what you did on Emanuel.

ETA: and I took the Emanuel test this last week so it's not as if I've learned a ton since that time

Good to know!

Rudolph

Postby Rudolph » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Think this may have been discussed in the thread somewhat recently, but I can't find it.

What are the rules for joiner of cross-claims (ie one defendant suing another defendant)? My understanding is that as long as the original cross-claim arises from the same transaction or occurrence as the plaintiffs original suit, then the court can ALSO hear any cross-claim that bears no relation to the plaintiffs claim, so long as there is some basis for jdx (supplemental, diversity). Correct?

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:10 pm

Rudolph wrote:Think this may have been discussed in the thread somewhat recently, but I can't find it.

What are the rules for joiner of cross-claims (ie one defendant suing another defendant)? My understanding is that as long as the original cross-claim arises from the same transaction or occurrence as the plaintiffs original suit, then the court can ALSO hear any cross-claim that bears no relation to the plaintiffs claim, so long as there is some basis for jdx (supplemental, diversity). Correct?

Sounds correct to me

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I hope writing "water-people" on an essay will not result in failing the said essay. lol.

Good Guy Gaud

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:12 pm

kyle010723 wrote:I hope writing "water-people" on an essay will not result in failing the said essay. lol.

:lol:

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Thank you to whoever went over rule interpleader and statutory interpleader. Sadly, it didn't help my reading comprehension. I was so excited to remember the rule that I didn't notice that the question was specifically asking about statutory interpleader.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”