BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Woo! A week from now we'll all forget about how we CRUSHED THAT EASY ASS BAR EXAM and only be stressed about what we gone be drinking that night.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:35 pm

So... once we all passed the Bar, what do we do next to become a real lawyer? Do they just (e)mail you and tell you to come get sworn in at this time?

northerrn
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:58 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby northerrn » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Has anyone done Mixed Set 5-Question 27 (re: bias impeachment)? I'm confused at how the answer isn't A, as i thought the federal rules required bias impeachment be first presented to the witness on cross-examination, giving them a chance to admit or deny the alleged bias.

gretchenweiners
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby gretchenweiners » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:43 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
kykiske wrote:Confession #2: I have done very little to prepare for the MPT.

All I've done is prepare "templates" for each type of response and broke down my strategy into minutes (minutes 0-15: read case file, etc.).


If you're decent at legal writing then my advice is: read the assigned task carefully and then read everything else as fast as you possibly can so you can be sure to finish. Not doing the assignment as requested or not finishing are the real point killers.


Pro Tip: ExamSoft has alarm/timer for some states, use it to keep track of time.

Now what is the odds of getting an MPT this year where they ask us to draft a will or contract?


I did one of the practice draft a will ones (not intentionally, just picked one at random and didn't want to know what it was ahead of time to make sure I could ID tone and everything). It honestly wasn't that bad or different from the other types--it gave a clear example will to follow (that showed language to use etc) and the cases given were directly on point for the issues that arose. The model answer expected you to do a little more reading between the lines on the testator's intent than I did, but that was the only major thing that stuck out to me about it.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

gretchenweiners wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:Pro Tip: ExamSoft has alarm/timer for some states, use it to keep track of time.

Now what is the odds of getting an MPT this year where they ask us to draft a will or contract?


I did one of the practice draft a will ones (not intentionally, just picked one at random and didn't want to know what it was ahead of time to make sure I could ID tone and everything). It honestly wasn't that bad or different from the other types--it gave a clear example will to follow (that showed language to use etc) and the cases given were directly on point for the issues that arose. The model answer expected you to do a little more reading between the lines on the testator's intent than I did, but that was the only major thing that stuck out to me about it.


So they give you the format, you don't have to actually know the format and the magic language for the will?

User avatar
941law
Posts: 425
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby 941law » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

kyle010723 wrote:So... once we all passed the Bar, what do we do next to become a real lawyer? Do they just (e)mail you and tell you to come get sworn in at this time?

Typically they need to know where to drop off your new Mercedes.

gretchenweiners
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby gretchenweiners » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:57 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
gretchenweiners wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:Pro Tip: ExamSoft has alarm/timer for some states, use it to keep track of time.

Now what is the odds of getting an MPT this year where they ask us to draft a will or contract?


I did one of the practice draft a will ones (not intentionally, just picked one at random and didn't want to know what it was ahead of time to make sure I could ID tone and everything). It honestly wasn't that bad or different from the other types--it gave a clear example will to follow (that showed language to use etc) and the cases given were directly on point for the issues that arose. The model answer expected you to do a little more reading between the lines on the testator's intent than I did, but that was the only major thing that stuck out to me about it.


So they give you the format, you don't have to actually know the format and the magic language for the will?


Yeah, mine had a previous version of the will in the file, and the model answer used that as an exact template. No expectations of extra knowledge of will drafting 8)

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:01 pm

The only thing I've really done with MPTs is the first 45 to make sure I can (i) go through the task memo, (ii) cases, (iii) case file, and (iv) start/finish my outline.

I can bullshit just about anything in 45 minutes if I have that all completed. And really, at least in my experience, I can get through (i)-(iii) in like 30 minutes or less. Task memo has never come close to taking up 15 minutes of my time through about 7 or so MPTs.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:The only thing I've really done with MPTs is the first 45 to make sure I can (i) go through the task memo, (ii) cases, (iii) case file, and (iv) start/finish my outline.

I can bullshit just about anything in 45 minutes if I have that all completed. And really, at least in my experience, I can get through (i)-(iii) in like 30 minutes or less. Task memo has never come close to taking up 15 minutes of my time through about 7 or so MPTs.


7? I did like 3 or 4 at most... lol

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7305
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:08 pm

True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

Still gonna pass though right? Fuck this test.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Danger Zone wrote:True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

Still gonna pass though right? Fuck this test.


If anyone's going to pass, you are the one!

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Danger Zone wrote:True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

Still gonna pass though right? Fuck this test.



You're going to get highest score cause I said so

odoylerulez
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby odoylerulez » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 pm

Danger Zone wrote:True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

Still gonna pass though right? Fuck this test.


You're totally going to get median pwned.

In other words, congrats on your pass.

kykiske
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kykiske » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 pm

odoylerulez wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

Still gonna pass though right? Fuck this test.


You're totally going to get median pwned.

In other words, congrats on your pass.


I hope you ALL get median-pwned. Yeah, I said it. I hope all of you jerks get the average score on the MBE, MEE, and MPT.

EVIL LAUGHTER

(seriously though, I'm hoping for average scores across the board too)

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7305
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Danger Zone » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Can always count on this thread :wink:

Only a few more days of passively examining our notes and then we GOT this homies

xfer2013
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby xfer2013 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Question on Statute of Frauds:

A writing satisfies provided that it is signed by the D and all essential terms are contained in the writing. For UCC essential terms are simply that there is a contract for sale of goods and the quantity term.

What are the essential terms for a writing to satisfy the SoF under common law?

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:34 pm

What do you all plan to do these next few days? I'm thinking of just reviewing all my condensed outlines to make sure I have the big picture, hit a few specific items that are likely to get tested (con law tests) and then attempt to retain my already minimal knowledge regarding commercial paper.

kykiske
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kykiske » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:40 pm

charlesxavier wrote:What do you all plan to do these next few days? I'm thinking of just reviewing all my condensed outlines to make sure I have the big picture, hit a few specific items that are likely to get tested (con law tests) and then attempt to retain my already minimal knowledge regarding commercial paper.


I have made exactly zero outlines.

I've done over 2,000 MBE questions and written out 40 MEE essays.

Over these next few days, I plan on doing about 50 MBE questions a day, coupled with writing out 2-3 essays.

I might do a practice MPT on Sunday.

Then, on Monday (day before exam), I won't even touch a book. You know how the Obama Campaign didn't do anything campaign-related the day before election day? Yeah, I'm following suit. Sunday will be the finale of my bar prep. Monday will be a day of relaxation and getting my mind ready.

rhs100
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:17 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rhs100 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm

kykiske wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:What do you all plan to do these next few days? I'm thinking of just reviewing all my condensed outlines to make sure I have the big picture, hit a few specific items that are likely to get tested (con law tests) and then attempt to retain my already minimal knowledge regarding commercial paper.


I have made exactly zero outlines.

I've done over 2,000 MBE questions and written out 40 MEE essays.

Over these next few days, I plan on doing about 50 MBE questions a day, coupled with writing out 2-3 essays.

I might do a practice MPT on Sunday.

Then, on Monday (day before exam), I won't even touch a book. You know how the Obama Campaign didn't do anything campaign-related the day before election day? Yeah, I'm following suit. Sunday will be the finale of my bar prep. Monday will be a day of relaxation and getting my mind ready.


I like this plan, I'm gonna follow it, minus the no studying Monday - Monday morning I'm gonna try to look over my stupid mnemonics and maybe state distinctions.

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Kage3212 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm

xfer2013 wrote:Question on Statute of Frauds:

A writing satisfies provided that it is signed by the D and all essential terms are contained in the writing. For UCC essential terms are simply that there is a contract for sale of goods and the quantity term.

What are the essential terms for a writing to satisfy the SoF under common law?


Essential terms under CL, I believe, abides by the "who, what where, when how" test. Usually if the subject matter of the the contract is listed, plus the names of the parties and what they are obligated to do/how they should perform, this should be sufficient to satisfy SOF.

OK = I, Dave Epstein, agree to lecture for barbri for the payment of 500 per course taught

Not OK = I will lecture per our discussions.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby brotherdarkness » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Kage3212 wrote:
xfer2013 wrote:Question on Statute of Frauds:

A writing satisfies provided that it is signed by the D and all essential terms are contained in the writing. For UCC essential terms are simply that there is a contract for sale of goods and the quantity term.

What are the essential terms for a writing to satisfy the SoF under common law?


Essential terms under CL, I believe, abides by the "who, what where, when how" test. Usually if the subject matter of the the contract is listed, plus the names of the parties and what they are obligated to do/how they should perform, this should be sufficient to satisfy SOF.

OK = I, Dave Epstein, agree to lecture for barbri for the payment of 500 per course taught

Not OK = I will lecture per our discussions.


Depends on what you're conveying. If it's real property, you need a description of the property sufficient to ID it and the price. If it's a sale of goods under the UCC, you need quantity but you don't need price (a reasonable price will be added by the court).

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Kage3212 wrote:
xfer2013 wrote:Question on Statute of Frauds:

A writing satisfies provided that it is signed by the D and all essential terms are contained in the writing. For UCC essential terms are simply that there is a contract for sale of goods and the quantity term.

What are the essential terms for a writing to satisfy the SoF under common law?


Essential terms under CL, I believe, abides by the "who, what where, when how" test. Usually if the subject matter of the the contract is listed, plus the names of the parties and what they are obligated to do/how they should perform, this should be sufficient to satisfy SOF.

OK = I, Dave Epstein, agree to lecture for barbri for the payment of 500 per course taught

Not OK = I will lecture per our discussions.


For land you have to have price and description. But for service contracts it's typically the who, what, where, when, how and generally just enough to know what is being enforced.

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:56 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:
xfer2013 wrote:Question on Statute of Frauds:

A writing satisfies provided that it is signed by the D and all essential terms are contained in the writing. For UCC essential terms are simply that there is a contract for sale of goods and the quantity term.

What are the essential terms for a writing to satisfy the SoF under common law?


Essential terms under CL, I believe, abides by the "who, what where, when how" test. Usually if the subject matter of the the contract is listed, plus the names of the parties and what they are obligated to do/how they should perform, this should be sufficient to satisfy SOF.

OK = I, Dave Epstein, agree to lecture for barbri for the payment of 500 per course taught

Not OK = I will lecture per our discussions.


Depends on what you're conveying. If it's real property, you need a description of the property sufficient to ID it and the price. If it's a sale of goods under the UCC, you need quantity but you don't need price (a reasonable price will be added by the court).



Also, I think it really only requires the name of the party being charged. Doesn't have to have both.

Barbro
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:26 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Barbro » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Fuck it- 80/100 on Emmanuel AM. If I'm not ready now, I never will be.

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Barbro wrote:Fuck it- 80/100 on Emmanuel AM. If I'm not ready now, I never will be.



Dont you go being negative on us!

80/100 is solidAF




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JRA, weneedahealer and 10 guests