BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:31 pm

kyle010723 wrote:Option + leasehold + RAP... Barbri is just messing with our minds now...


Care to explain?

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Kage3212 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Ya Barbri likes to get you down into the weeds, but the danger of doing that is that you may start to forget some elementary stuff elsewhere. This is probably why balancing with Emmanuel and Adaptibar is so highly recommended here.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:34 pm

What does "share and share alike" do in a conveyance? I.e., what is the different between a "To A and B" v. "To A and B share and share alike." They both create a tenancy in common from what I gathered.

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:35 pm

BVest wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:Option + leasehold + RAP... Barbri is just messing with our minds now...

That came up in one of the first question sets. I feel like subsequently there was an exception to the exception, but I can't remember what it was (if there was one) so I'll just hope that it comes up strictly as option + leasehold on the MBE.


What is this issue/rule you're referring to?

atticus89
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby atticus89 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 pm

kyle010723 wrote:What does "share and share alike" do in a conveyance? I.e., what is the different between a "To A and B" v. "To A and B share and share alike." They both create a tenancy in common from what I gathered.


From my experience you're right, they both just create a tenancy in common. They use "share and share alike" to trick unprepared people into thinking that it might be a joint tenancy or something.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:38 pm

musicfor18 wrote:
BVest wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:Option + leasehold + RAP... Barbri is just messing with our minds now...

That came up in one of the first question sets. I feel like subsequently there was an exception to the exception, but I can't remember what it was (if there was one) so I'll just hope that it comes up strictly as option + leasehold on the MBE.


What is this issue/rule you're referring to?


MBE Refresher Q78.

User avatar
RaleighStClair
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby RaleighStClair » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:45 pm

errmsg wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that there will be more jurisdiction questions on the real thing which is arguably easier than having to remember the details for the motions, discovery, etc...


That's a good point! :D

User avatar
No13baby
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby No13baby » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:51 pm

I have a question about the bar exam security policy: in the event that we get an essay question like Civ Pro #7 on the exam, which of the allowed items would be easiest to stab myself to death with?

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:53 pm

No13baby wrote:I have a question about the bar exam security policy: in the event that we get an essay question like Civ Pro #7 on the exam, which of the allowed items would be easiest to stab myself to death with?


Depends where you're taking it. My go-to would be a pencil but in AZ you can't even bring those.

User avatar
RaleighStClair
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby RaleighStClair » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:48 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to do MPQ questions in Studysmart on specific areas within subjects? Like if I just want to do Mortgages questions? I thought I saw someone mention that earlier, but I can't figure out how to do it.

User avatar
Redamon1
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Redamon1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:50 am

RaleighStClair wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to do MPQ questions in Studysmart on specific areas within subjects? Like if I just want to do Mortgages questions? I thought I saw someone mention that earlier, but I can't figure out how to do it.


Seconded. Would love to find out how to do that.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:53 am

Redamon1 wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to do MPQ questions in Studysmart on specific areas within subjects? Like if I just want to do Mortgages questions? I thought I saw someone mention that earlier, but I can't figure out how to do it.


Seconded. Would love to find out how to do that.


Click on "self-study" mode. But there are only 18 mortgages questions fyi.

jamescastle
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:58 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby jamescastle » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:02 am

kyle010723 wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to do MPQ questions in Studysmart on specific areas within subjects? Like if I just want to do Mortgages questions? I thought I saw someone mention that earlier, but I can't figure out how to do it.


Seconded. Would love to find out how to do that.


Click on "self-study" mode. But there are only 18 mortgages questions fyi.

I know StudySmart says this but I refuse to believe it. I feel that BARBRI has given me 100 mortgage questions.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby brotherdarkness » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:05 am

jamescastle wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to do MPQ questions in Studysmart on specific areas within subjects? Like if I just want to do Mortgages questions? I thought I saw someone mention that earlier, but I can't figure out how to do it.


Seconded. Would love to find out how to do that.


Click on "self-study" mode. But there are only 18 mortgages questions fyi.

I know StudySmart says this but I refuse to believe it. I feel that BARBRI has given me 100 mortgage questions.


Same, and I still don't know the first thing about them.

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5691
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby BVest » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 am

kyle010723 wrote:
musicfor18 wrote:
BVest wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:Option + leasehold + RAP... Barbri is just messing with our minds now...

That came up in one of the first question sets. I feel like subsequently there was an exception to the exception, but I can't remember what it was (if there was one) so I'll just hope that it comes up strictly as option + leasehold on the MBE.


What is this issue/rule you're referring to?


MBE Refresher Q78.


And Set 2 Q 15.

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Kage3212 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:11 am

For those that did this half day exam, how did you fare? Just did the first 25 questions and am getting rocked.

User avatar
RaleighStClair
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 12:10 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby RaleighStClair » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:40 am

brotherdarkness wrote:
jamescastle wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to do MPQ questions in Studysmart on specific areas within subjects? Like if I just want to do Mortgages questions? I thought I saw someone mention that earlier, but I can't figure out how to do it.


Seconded. Would love to find out how to do that.


Click on "self-study" mode. But there are only 18 mortgages questions fyi.

I know StudySmart says this but I refuse to believe it. I feel that BARBRI has given me 100 mortgage questions.


Same, and I still don't know the first thing about them.


How am I just now figuring this out... Thanks!!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:41 am

Wow I'mjust now finding this thread.

So behind.

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:49 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:Wow I'mjust now finding this thread.

So behind.


Welcome!

DportIA
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby DportIA » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:58 am

Kage3212 wrote:For those that did this half day exam, how did you fare? Just did the first 25 questions and am getting rocked.



I had 125 on Sim & got 57/100 on Half-Day. Or, slaughtered.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:03 am

DportIA wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:For those that did this half day exam, how did you fare? Just did the first 25 questions and am getting rocked.



I had 125 on Sim & got 57/100 on Half-Day. Or, slaughtered.


Average is 60. So not too bad really.

User avatar
brotherdarkness
Posts: 3254
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby brotherdarkness » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:09 am

I understood giving harder questions earlier to scare us into studying, but I think a set of milder questions to boost confidence would be pretty great going into this thing.

User avatar
Redamon1
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Redamon1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:15 am

Did you all have the Half-Day MBE assigned to you in the PSP? I see the thing in my book now, and I get that it's different from the Simulated MBE and the Refresher (both of which I've done) but I don't see the Half-Day on my PSP. So is it just extra stuff for practice whenever we feel like taking it? Given how much Barbri relies on curveball questioning to teach rules, I guess I'm wondering how important it is to fit this in with so few days left... TYIA

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:17 am

brotherdarkness wrote:I understood giving harder questions earlier to scare us into studying, but I think a set of milder questions to boost confidence would be pretty great going into this thing.


My PSP has two 50 question MBE sets remaining (Saturday and Sunday, respectively) and I'm really hoping that they will be realistic. I'm going to be pissed off if BarBri wants to test me on some nuanced crap.

User avatar
Good Guy Gaud
Posts: 5433
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:18 am

Redamon1 wrote:Did you all have the Half-Day MBE assigned to you in the PSP? I see the thing in my book now, and I get that it's different from the Simulated MBE and the Refresher (both of which I've done) but I don't see the Half-Day on my PSP. So is it just extra stuff for practice whenever we feel like taking it? Given how much Barbri relies on curveball questioning to teach rules, I guess I'm wondering how important it is to fit this in with so few days left... TYIA


It wasn't part of my PSP but I did it. I'm in 50% MBE state (also full UBE) so MBE questions are very important to me. You may not want to spend time on it if you're in a state that heavily tests state laws on essays.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rcharter1978 and 5 guests