BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

moreheesh
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby moreheesh » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:13 pm

% completed anxiety check?

at 11% in NY

User avatar
Danger Zone
Posts: 7305
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Danger Zone » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:30 pm

12% but this probably is a meaningless measure of real progress

(Also NY)

Neff
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:29 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Neff » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:36 pm

.
Last edited by Neff on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dwyf
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby dwyf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:48 pm

6% for ny. Through the contracts I lecture.

Multiple friends who haven't broken the seal on their barbri boxes yet.

rhs100
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:17 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rhs100 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:03 am

musicfor18 wrote:
rhs100 wrote:NY Torts Essay 7 - did anyone else find the BLL in the essay answers to be confusing? I thought it didn't match with what was said in lecture or CMR at times - like CMR says physical manifestation not necessary in emotional distress of bystander - (and more) - any thoughts?


Yeah, I don't understand this either. It wasn't covered sufficiently in the lecture, and I find the explanation in the NY Distinctions Supplement in the CMR unclear. Can anyone explain the distinctions described in the answer to Torts Essay 7?



No one? Hmm I may have to email barbri and see what they say - hopefully something helpful. I'm frustrated with their lack of consistency with the outlines/lecture.

rhs100
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:17 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rhs100 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:08 am

btw - how are you all using your review times? I feel like reading over all the handout notes takes more than the assigned time - like K's easily took me more than double the time assigned to review. What's the best strategy here?

And if you bought critical pass - when and how are you incorporating those with the barbri assignments? I'm thinking whether I should skip the lecture review and use this time to go over these flash cards instead.

User avatar
acronyx
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:33 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby acronyx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:15 am

JG7773 wrote:Are we supposed to enter our MPQ answers into StudySmart? I had two MPQ sets to answer today, but the first set said (in StudySmart) and the next set said (in MPQ book). With the conversation above on how our scores are submitted, are we supposed to put all of our answers in StudySmart no matter what?

I've been taking the set in the book when it says to take it in the book and then entering those answers in to StudySmart. It gives me ridiculous question times, but whatever. I'm much better at reading the question in print.

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Kage3212 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:15 am

rhs100 wrote:btw - how are you all using your review times? I feel like reading over all the handout notes takes more than the assigned time - like K's easily took me more than double the time assigned to review. What's the best strategy here?

And if you bought critical pass - when and how are you incorporating those with the barbri assignments? I'm thinking whether I should skip the lecture review and use this time to go over these flash cards instead.


What I started doing today is the following:

We had Property I. Afterwards, I went to my critical pass cards and broke out all the cards that dealt what was covered in property I. I would review a few pages of my lecture handout, and then present myself with the cards (without looking at the back) to see if I could articulate a few principles/requirements for whatever was on the card (e.g. characteristics and future interests of a fee simple determinable). Then I subsequently read the back of the card. I would also make any notes on the flashcards that I thought were worth making from the lecture (e.g. flashcards don't state "complete defesance" so I added that to one of the vested remainders) I thought this was a pretty good method as it serves as a double review, and hopefully will anchor concepts by engaging in a more interactive manner rather than passively reading over stuff.

myrtlewinston
Posts: 401
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby myrtlewinston » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:31 am

1. Rinkrat, for what it's worth, your commentary on Property made me laugh. So, thank you!

2. Apparently, I've completed 20% of my PSP. But, I haven't reviewed Civ Pro yet and those reviews take me longer than the allotted time.

3. If BarBri's MBE questions are an accurate reflection of what's tested, neither the lectures nor the CriticalPass cards are complete.

User avatar
History_Buff
Posts: 8553
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby History_Buff » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:01 am

15% of 18% assigned for me. I've slacked off on reviewing and haven't done a couple of essays yet, but other than that I'm keeping up pretty well. Also haven't done 6/3 yet because it just turned over to today an hour ago.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:25 am

Hey y'all, the code 25COOLEY (lol) gets you 30% off Critical Pass flashcards until June 9.

I am at 11% of 15% assigned, after getting way behind while my friend was visiting. I doubt I'll fully catch up until I'm done moving home (movers this Fri, I fly out next Tues).

rhs100
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:17 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rhs100 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:02 am

Kage3212 wrote:
rhs100 wrote:btw - how are you all using your review times? I feel like reading over all the handout notes takes more than the assigned time - like K's easily took me more than double the time assigned to review. What's the best strategy here?

And if you bought critical pass - when and how are you incorporating those with the barbri assignments? I'm thinking whether I should skip the lecture review and use this time to go over these flash cards instead.


What I started doing today is the following:

We had Property I. Afterwards, I went to my critical pass cards and broke out all the cards that dealt what was covered in property I. I would review a few pages of my lecture handout, and then present myself with the cards (without looking at the back) to see if I could articulate a few principles/requirements for whatever was on the card (e.g. characteristics and future interests of a fee simple determinable). Then I subsequently read the back of the card. I would also make any notes on the flashcards that I thought were worth making from the lecture (e.g. flashcards don't state "complete defesance" so I added that to one of the vested remainders) I thought this was a pretty good method as it serves as a double review, and hopefully will anchor concepts by engaging in a more interactive manner rather than passively reading over stuff.


Thanks! I will try mixing these cards and lecture handouts today, I am just concerned its much taking/will take longer than assigned and not leaving me enough time and energy to do MBE questions.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby mtyler19 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 am

For those that are doing online instead of in-class, are you just watching the prerecorded lectures or do you wait the few days for them to post the most recent one? I just now figured out there is no way to livestream today's lecture and that it won't be posted until tomorrow or Friday but I'm hesitant to watch the old one in case its that much different.

kmp127
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri May 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kmp127 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:42 am

mtyler19 wrote:For those that are doing online instead of in-class, are you just watching the prerecorded lectures or do you wait the few days for them to post the most recent one? I just now figured out there is no way to livestream today's lecture and that it won't be posted until tomorrow or Friday but I'm hesitant to watch the old one in case its that much different.


I'm doing the lectures online on the day they are assigned (morning, so afternoon leaves time for a break before hitting questions/essays).

I may be wrong, but aren't most of the in class lectures just showing this same video? I took Barbri 8 years ago for another state and recall that's how it was. I believe once or twice maybe an actual person lectured. Otherwise it was just a big screen showing the video.

A few lecturers in my TX course have mentioned when it was taped, which was during the 2015 winter Barbri session. My assumption is that Barbri tapes one for the whole year ? If I'm wrong, please let me know.

-- And for all you go-getters who are able to do more than what Barbri is assigning, BRAVO! I can barelyyyyy keep up :/

mushybrain
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby mushybrain » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:48 am

I am 17% of 20% assigned, but I check off the "prepare for x" stuff without doing it. lol.

HLBE689
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:27 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby HLBE689 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 am

kmp127 wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:For those that are doing online instead of in-class, are you just watching the prerecorded lectures or do you wait the few days for them to post the most recent one? I just now figured out there is no way to livestream today's lecture and that it won't be posted until tomorrow or Friday but I'm hesitant to watch the old one in case its that much different.


I'm doing the lectures online on the day they are assigned (morning, so afternoon leaves time for a break before hitting questions/essays).

I may be wrong, but aren't most of the in class lectures just showing this same video? I took Barbri 8 years ago for another state and recall that's how it was. I believe once or twice maybe an actual person lectured. Otherwise it was just a big screen showing the video.

A few lecturers in my TX course have mentioned when it was taped, which was during the 2015 winter Barbri session. My assumption is that Barbri tapes one for the whole year ? If I'm wrong, please let me know.

-- And for all you go-getters who are able to do more than what Barbri is assigning, BRAVO! I can barelyyyyy keep up :/


Even if I watched them earlier than the day they were assigned - it doesn't appear that they change once the actual date of it being assigned passes. I thought since they were all posted already for online-takers through our assignments, they were good to go, but does anyone know if we are missing out on something if we watch it early or at the exact time the in-person course would actuallpotentiallyy be happening?

Kage3212
Posts: 340
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Kage3212 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:59 am

HLBE689 wrote:
kmp127 wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:For those that are doing online instead of in-class, are you just watching the prerecorded lectures or do you wait the few days for them to post the most recent one? I just now figured out there is no way to livestream today's lecture and that it won't be posted until tomorrow or Friday but I'm hesitant to watch the old one in case its that much different.


I'm doing the lectures online on the day they are assigned (morning, so afternoon leaves time for a break before hitting questions/essays).

I may be wrong, but aren't most of the in class lectures just showing this same video? I took Barbri 8 years ago for another state and recall that's how it was. I believe once or twice maybe an actual person lectured. Otherwise it was just a big screen showing the video.

A few lecturers in my TX course have mentioned when it was taped, which was during the 2015 winter Barbri session. My assumption is that Barbri tapes one for the whole year ? If I'm wrong, please let me know.

-- And for all you go-getters who are able to do more than what Barbri is assigning, BRAVO! I can barelyyyyy keep up :/


Even if I watched them earlier than the day they were assigned - it doesn't appear that they change once the actual date of it being assigned passes. I thought since they were all posted already for online-takers through our assignments, they were good to go, but does anyone know if we are missing out on something if we watch it early or at the exact time the in-person course would actuallpotentiallyy be happening?


Speaking as to my evidence lecture, I listened to the in-person lecture at the start of the course. Later that day, at the gym, I listened to the lecture via the Barbri app to gauge any differences. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE DIFFERENCE! The language was the same, tone was the same, even the jokes were exactly the same. So no, there is no difference, and I now study exclusively from home rather than treking to in-class lectures. Additionally, the fact that you are able to follow along via the handout, and everything is fillable based on the lecture's statements, should assure you that everything is the same.

Charger
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Charger » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:09 pm

For anyone supplementing with the Kaplan Qbank and Redbook, how are you integrating those questions into your BarBri schedule? Are you doing it through the online Qbank or the physical Redbook, or a combination of the two? How many are you doing per day? Are you doing them by topic, or as mixed sets based on the lecture topics covered in BarBri?

HLBE689
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:27 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby HLBE689 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Kage3212 wrote:
HLBE689 wrote:
kmp127 wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:For those that are doing online instead of in-class, are you just watching the prerecorded lectures or do you wait the few days for them to post the most recent one? I just now figured out there is no way to livestream today's lecture and that it won't be posted until tomorrow or Friday but I'm hesitant to watch the old one in case its that much different.


I'm doing the lectures online on the day they are assigned (morning, so afternoon leaves time for a break before hitting questions/essays).

I may be wrong, but aren't most of the in class lectures just showing this same video? I took Barbri 8 years ago for another state and recall that's how it was. I believe once or twice maybe an actual person lectured. Otherwise it was just a big screen showing the video.

A few lecturers in my TX course have mentioned when it was taped, which was during the 2015 winter Barbri session. My assumption is that Barbri tapes one for the whole year ? If I'm wrong, please let me know.

-- And for all you go-getters who are able to do more than what Barbri is assigning, BRAVO! I can barelyyyyy keep up :/


Even if I watched them earlier than the day they were assigned - it doesn't appear that they change once the actual date of it being assigned passes. I thought since they were all posted already for online-takers through our assignments, they were good to go, but does anyone know if we are missing out on something if we watch it early or at the exact time the in-person course would actuallpotentiallyy be happening?


Speaking as to my evidence lecture, I listened to the in-person lecture at the start of the course. Later that day, at the gym, I listened to the lecture via the Barbri app to gauge any differences. THERE WAS NOT A SINGLE DIFFERENCE! The language was the same, tone was the same, even the jokes were exactly the same. So no, there is no difference, and I now study exclusively from home rather than treking to in-class lectures. Additionally, the fact that you are able to follow along via the handout, and everything is fillable based on the lecture's statements, should assure you that everything is the same.


Thanks! That's what I figured as long as I have the handouts - but good to know :-) I don't have the option to attend in-person where I am living to compare, so thanks.

User avatar
Hepcat281
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Hepcat281 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 pm

Good news: I learned more from the Contracts prof in 4 hours than I did from my law school prof in 3 months. Although, I'm not sure how good that is considering how much I paid for that stupid class.

Bad news: I'm just overwhelmed. I have 3 kids. I'm averaging about 6 hours a day, 7 days a week. I feel like I'm not doing enough. I had the same con law MBE problem of, "Oh cool! I did OK!" one day to, "Oh shit. That sucked." the next day. Demoralizing. I want to purchase supplements, but we don't have the cash flow. I've considered starving the children a few days a week to save on groceries, then using that money to get supplemental materials, but my husband said something about CPS. Still....if they take the kids away, I'd save some money. Right? (that was a joke)

Anyone else have kids? Or a full time job? Or something else they have to do besides study all day? If so, what have you been doing to get the most bang out of your limited time?

User avatar
BVest
Posts: 5691
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby BVest » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:08 pm

9/14% here in Texas. And I'm in Austin which means I'm on a schedule different from everyone else in the state. That said, I've certainly found my strengths/weaknesses so far line up perfectly with my law school grades:

Real Property (highest LS grade): 1 homework assignment (MBE Strategies lecture)
Torts (lowest LS grade): 12 homework assignments

God I hate torts.

Benjamin1987
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Benjamin1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:57 pm

BVest wrote:9/14% here in Texas. And I'm in Austin which means I'm on a schedule different from everyone else in the state. That said, I've certainly found my strengths/weaknesses so far line up perfectly with my law school grades:

Real Property (highest LS grade): 1 homework assignment (MBE Strategies lecture)
Torts (lowest LS grade): 12 homework assignments

God I hate torts.


Its interesting they've already assigned you Torts and Real Property. I'm doing Texas too and I have come across either yet.

Benjamin1987
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Benjamin1987 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but I didn't want to back through 8 pages... customer service rep informed me that none, zero of the 36 lbs of material will not be covered in the PSP. Meaning no extra problems to practice in my down time. Is this credited? She had a serious attitude and would have said anything to get me off the phone I think...

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Benjamin1987 wrote:
BVest wrote:9/14% here in Texas. And I'm in Austin which means I'm on a schedule different from everyone else in the state. That said, I've certainly found my strengths/weaknesses so far line up perfectly with my law school grades:

Real Property (highest LS grade): 1 homework assignment (MBE Strategies lecture)
Torts (lowest LS grade): 12 homework assignments

God I hate torts.


Its interesting they've already assigned you Torts and Real Property. I'm doing Texas too and I have come across either yet.

Most subjects, it doesn't matter what order you learn them in. And it might lessen server loads by splitting everyone one so 30,000 people (or whatever) aren't all trying to watch ConLaw on the same day. (Recall how well the Opening Day video worked out.)

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:02 pm

.
dammit, I keep mistaking the quote button for the edit button.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: iwantmybar, trebekismyhero and 4 guests