BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Kage3212

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Kage3212 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 pm

Good stuff, glad to hear it. I also have the critical pass cards so I will also be integrating from one source to the other.

diowad

Postby diowad » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:35 pm

Checking in for Iowa. Re: prepping for lectures, I just show up like 20-30 minutes before class and glance over what we're going to be talking about that day. For the hour we're supposed to "review" lecture notes, I take that time to just make flash cards

diowad

Postby diowad » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:38 pm

old_soul wrote:Feeling down and a little wiped out. I just did two sets of the Con Law qs on Study Smart. I scored 8/18 on both sets. 45% :( :oops: Face palm. I know that I should've gotten at the very least 2-3 more correct on both because they were silly errors.

Don't sweat it. I did the same today. Was feeling ok coming into it since I did average (17/25) on the workshop last week. Got 12/18 on the first set today and felt pretty good and in control. Then all hell broke loose and only got 6/18 on the second. I about chucked my computer through the window. Decided to take the rest of the day off to chill and get to the practice Con Law essay some time tomorrow.

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:09 am

Danger Zone wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:Are people still "preparing" for class at this point by reading CMR prior to? I am attempting to read the CMR prior to property which starts tomorrow and it might as well be a foreign language. I know this was a topic of conversation (maybe in some other thread) but interested to see if bypassing some of the CMR prepare readings is credited.

I've given up. I watch the lectures and integrate my notes with the CriticalPass summaries. It's still a lot of work!

Same

I just added the NY distinctions to my Contracts notes/cards. It's a mess! I need to condense it.

rhs100

Postby rhs100 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:21 am

NY Torts Essay 7 - did anyone else find the BLL in the essay answers to be confusing? I thought it didn't match with what was said in lecture or CMR at times - like CMR says physical manifestation not necessary in emotional distress of bystander - (and more) - any thoughts?

Benjamin1987

Postby Benjamin1987 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:42 am

Texas Wills...

FML

No pun intended; too pissed for puns right now.

kmp127

Postby kmp127 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:50 am

Benjamin1987 wrote:Texas Wills...

FML

No pun intended; too pissed for puns right now.

FML indeed... this is torture.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:10 pm

is it just me or does freer talk so slow that 2.0 is actually manageable?

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:20 pm

rhs100 wrote:NY Torts Essay 7 - did anyone else find the BLL in the essay answers to be confusing? I thought it didn't match with what was said in lecture or CMR at times - like CMR says physical manifestation not necessary in emotional distress of bystander - (and more) - any thoughts?

Yeah, I don't understand this either. It wasn't covered sufficiently in the lecture, and I find the explanation in the NY Distinctions Supplement in the CMR unclear. Can anyone explain the distinctions described in the answer to Torts Essay 7?

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:19 pm

victortsoi wrote:is it just me or does freer talk so slow that 2.0 is actually manageable?

Wait till you get to Crim.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:23 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
victortsoi wrote:is it just me or does freer talk so slow that 2.0 is actually manageable?

why, is he even slower, or is he too fast? I noticed those lectures are quite short.

MPTPWZ1026

Postby MPTPWZ1026 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:09 pm

old_soul wrote:Feeling down and a little wiped out. I just did two sets of the Con Law qs on Study Smart. I scored 8/18 on both sets. 45% :( :oops: Face palm. I know that I should've gotten at the very least 2-3 more correct on both because they were silly errors.

Yeah, don't geel bad. I did goof on the workshop and then bombed my first set of Con Law questions. I ended up quitting for the night after the second set (which was better) just because I was so annoyed with the other one. The questions were really, really tricky.

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:21 pm

i completely bombed torts set 3, got a 33%, I was having a really bad day, not feeling well. Next day after some review and better head i got 72% on mpq set 4.

What is sh*ty though, is that it only uses studysmart to calculate your percentile ranking, even I updated my performance on the mpq set...27%. Don't let it get to your head though, its just 2 days into june.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Property II is significantly better than Property I but I am having the hardest time getting through it today. Ugh

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:09 pm

victortsoi wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:

why, is he even slower, or is he too fast? I noticed those lectures are quite short.

Slower and less animated.

Where is Rinkrat? He or she has funny comments about the lectures. Humour is needed these days!

myrtlewinston

Postby myrtlewinston » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:11 pm

victortsoi wrote:i completely bombed torts set 3, got a 33%, I was having a really bad day, not feeling well. Next day after some review and better head i got 72% on mpq set 4.

What is sh*ty though, is that it only uses studysmart to calculate your percentile ranking, even I updated my performance on the mpq set...27%. Don't let it get to your head though, its just 2 days into june.

I agree with you about StudySmart. I entered my answers for Contracts 1 incorrectly and the analysis is messed up.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:03 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
victortsoi wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:

Slower and less animated.

Where is Rinkrat? He or she has funny comments about the lectures. Humour is needed these days!

I don't know how funny I am, but I had a friend in town Thurs-Mon, so I got way behind. And I'm packing for movers coming on Friday. :? I'm trying to catch up with some of the question sets and personal homework assignments before starting my next lecture (Crim).

Just did 2 sets of ConLaw StudySmart questions and got wildly different scores on the two sets.

I played some of the Franseze Property III lecture aloud for my friend. It was the story about having 2 kids, one a pessimist and one an optimist, and giving them gifts to try and fix them. I have no idea what it had to do with Property, but my friend just about died laughing at her chipmunk voice played at 1.5x speed telling stupid stories.

(incidentally, I am a she)

History_Buff

Postby History_Buff » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:56 pm

I really can't say enough good things about Blaze, for the TN Crim law lectures. Definitely the easiest lecture I watched.

Also, Calandrillo is so much better than my K's professor in law school. He actually manages to make K's somewhat interesting.

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Are we supposed to enter our MPQ answers into StudySmart? I had two MPQ sets to answer today, but the first set said (in StudySmart) and the next set said (in MPQ book). With the conversation above on how our scores are submitted, are we supposed to put all of our answers in StudySmart no matter what?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:58 pm

JG7773 wrote:Are we supposed to enter our MPQ answers into StudySmart? I had two MPQ sets to answer today, but the first set said (in StudySmart) and the next set said (in MPQ book). With the conversation above on how our scores are submitted, are we supposed to put all of our answers in StudySmart no matter what?

I've just been doing both in StudySmart. Don't know if that's the correct approach, but I want as much data about my progress as possible, and transferring answers after the fact seems like a waste of time.

JG7773

Postby JG7773 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:03 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
JG7773 wrote:Are we supposed to enter our MPQ answers into StudySmart? I had two MPQ sets to answer today, but the first set said (in StudySmart) and the next set said (in MPQ book). With the conversation above on how our scores are submitted, are we supposed to put all of our answers in StudySmart no matter what?

I've just been doing both in StudySmart. Don't know if that's the correct approach, but I want as much data about my progress as possible, and transferring answers after the fact seems like a waste of time.

Yeah, I agree with the waste of time theory. I figured that since we had to enter how many questions we answered correctly that the system would take that data entry and factor it into our progress. If not, looks like I will be using the StudySmart approach (despite having to use paper on the actual exam).

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:17 pm

JG7773 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

Yeah, I agree with the waste of time theory. I figured that since we had to enter how many questions we answered correctly that the system would take that data entry and factor it into our progress. If not, looks like I will be using the StudySmart approach (despite having to use paper on the actual exam).

thats what i dont get, i dont want to repeat questions. I dont even know if we should click on studysmart mbe yet, since we're going to be assigned the other sets later? :(

jas31

Postby jas31 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:07 pm

victortsoi wrote:
JG7773 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

thats what i dont get, i dont want to repeat questions. I dont even know if we should click on studysmart mbe yet, since we're going to be assigned the other sets later? :(

I emailed Barbri and told her everyone in my class was already doing extra MBE questions. For what it is worth, she told me to stick to doing the practice sets in the MPQ, as all sets 1-6 will be assigned in the end. Also told me, "It is a marathon, not a sprint."

victortsoi

Postby victortsoi » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:18 pm

jas31 wrote:
victortsoi wrote:
JG7773 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:

I emailed Barbri and told her everyone in my class was already doing extra MBE questions. For what it is worth, she told me to stick to doing the practice sets in the MPQ, as all sets 1-6 will be assigned in the end. Also told me, "It is a marathon, not a sprint."

so....whats the credited response? I feel like I usually have some energy to squeeze more multiple choice questions in with the schedule...im going to start using critical pass. Well, amp is not bad either, to be honest.

Like I said before, the one thing im not doing is outlining.

Kage3212

Postby Kage3212 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:28 pm

I was having similar concerns of not doing enough with regard to the substantive MBE portion. So I ponied up and bought Adaptibar and Strategies and Tactics for the MBE by Emanuel. With Barbri + the addition of those two resources + critical pass flashcards, I have found that I have more than enough to keep me busy should I want to exhaust them all. In the grand scheme of things, an extra 400 bucks at this point is a drop in the bucket. Plus, I would pay a very large sum to pass comfortably and never have to worry about the bar again. If you are interested in adaptibar, look around on the internet for a coupon. I believe I found one on a common coupon website which saved me 60 bucks.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”