BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
victortsoi

Bronze

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by victortsoi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:57 pm

by the way, just wanted to let everyone know, I called barbri for a different question but ended up asking when the last day to submit graded assignments was, it was 7/10. In case anyone cares...I know I've been putting it off

diowad

New

Post by diowad » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:58 pm

Just finished up last lecture. Had Wills and Trusts with Powell the last two days. The absolute, positively worst. Boring, very little to fill in on the handout, very confusing outlined notes.

Just awful, but I'm done with lectures at least.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:20 pm

diowad wrote:Just finished up last lecture. Had Wills and Trusts with Powell the last two days. The absolute, positively worst. Boring, very little to fill in on the handout, very confusing outlined notes.

Just awful, but I'm done with lectures at least.
I finished with Commercial Paper (yesterday) and Secured Transactions. Just brutal. There were no blanks to fill in and each was around 35 pages of full text. It felt like I was barely keeping my head above water and then someone tossed a couple sandbags on me.

mamalova

New

Post by mamalova » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:40 pm

Does anyone know where we can get the answers to the 50 questions mixed subjects?

thanks!

LawGuy321

Bronze

Post by LawGuy321 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:27 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I think I've asked a variation on this but didn't see an answer: Where, if anywhere, does Barbri use real past exam questions? Or are they 100% overly complex invented questions?

I woke up with a splitting headache and all the migraine meds in the world aren't doing much, so I may be pretty much useless today. It's almost 2pm and I haven't managed to do anything besides get dressed and eat cereal so far. :?
Well, I'm on an airplane right now, and rather than studying for the bar on flight, I browsing TLS...so cheer up. This test is curved!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gmail

Silver

Post by gmail » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:32 pm

When you hit a 10 min break, do you slow down back to 1x?

LawGuy321

Bronze

Post by LawGuy321 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:32 pm

soj wrote:
BearState wrote:Hey all. Does anyone have an idea what kind of raw score on the full simulated MBE is enough to feel comfortable with progress? I'm in a UBE jdx if it matters.
about 156
jk
TROLLIN'. Ha.

Anyway, I've heard 115 is good or MBE! (But not buffer for terrible essays)

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:33 pm

gmail wrote:When you hit a 10 min break, do you slow down back to 1x?
I pause it and go do something. Eat lunch, run an errand, surf the web, water the plants, etc.

LawGuy321

Bronze

Post by LawGuy321 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:34 pm

I hope this is not a serious question. If you leave the video on for any sort of time and don't leave the study room for good, I think you're doing great. My 10 minute breaks usually last about 45 minutes (depending on subject)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rhs100

New

Post by rhs100 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Was NY Admin law extra awful or was it just me being extra tired? arrrghh.

Thank God for this forum btw, bc no one else in my life can relate to my current situation

Neff

Bronze

Post by Neff » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Barbri's questions are fake. Emanuel's are real. I highly recommend those who are freaking about their performance on the Barbri Qs to buy Emanuel's book and do those questions. It will cheer you up, I promise. According to the introduction of Emanuel's, you will pass the MBE in every state (including California) if you can get about two-thirds correct on Emanuel's. You will pass the MBE in a average state (e.g. Texas) if you can get about 60% correct on Emanuel's. I was getting about 55% correct on Barbri for my weaker subjects (torts, property) and 65-70% on my stronger subjects (con law, evidence). On Emanuel's I'm getting about +10% on every subject as compared to Barbri. I've spent way too much time analyzing MBE scoring and I really think that all of us who are freaking out (even just a little) and putting in solid time WILL PASS. Barbri's job is to scare you into overstudying. That's how the system works, and that's why they are successful at making people pass the bar. Don't back down and don't freak out.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:51 pm

I skip it by clicking ahead ten minutes and keep watching

LawGuy321

Bronze

Post by LawGuy321 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:03 pm

3|ink wrote:The barbri mixed question sets are clearly easier than the MPQs, right?

I'm doing awful in the MPQs. Miserable. I got a 6/18 in Torts set 2 last night.

But I'm averaging much better in the mixed sets.
Makes sense. The MPQs on one subject are bound to go deeper. Part of Barbri's strategy...personally, failing tests/quizzes and then learning why is a great learning strategy for me. Sounds like it might not be for others? Or people are taking their MPQ grades too seriously...

Would be nice to have another Simulated MBE right before the exam with real questions. Probably would make everyone feel a lot better.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:57 pm

rhs100 wrote:Was NY Admin law extra awful or was it just me being extra tired? arrrghh.

Thank God for this forum btw, bc no one else in my life can relate to my current situation
Even the Prof. seemed to be in pain.

Yes, thank goodness for this forum.

kykiske

Bronze

Post by kykiske » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:57 pm

WOOOO!

Finally didn't bomb a mixed MBE set. 31/50. Not amazing, but I was scoring around 25/50 last week. Just need to pick up 6-7 more points.

Blue Ivy

New

Post by Blue Ivy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:02 pm

If a buyer gets a loan by securing a mortgage from A and A does not record, what happens if buyer turns around and sells his property to a bona fide purchaser without notice of the mortgage?

Would A be able to foreclose if the buyer skips town without paying off the mortgage? How would that work considering BFP's interest are superior to A's?

gmail

Silver

Post by gmail » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:09 pm

In Contracts I, x57, Apu saves Lisa's life, Homer then promises Apu $3000, but the contract is not enforceable bc past consideration is not consideration. But then the lecturer describes some case where some P saves the life of a D by diverting a falling block, after which D promises to pay P, $15/week for life, and this IS legally enforceable. The lecturer says this is because a material benefit was conferred (preventing death) and the D subsequently promised to pay. But given that Apu saved the life of Homer's daughter, how do you distinguish this case from x57?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Birdnals wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:I take back everything I said about other lecturers.

Paula Franzese is the absolute worst. Stop wasting my time with your fucking god awful singing and stupid personal stories.
Seriously. The WORST. That could have been a single 3.5 hour lecture if you took out her shitty songs and stories about her family which are in no way related.
If a chipmunk could learn vibrato it would be able to do a spot on Franzese impression

kykiske

Bronze

Post by kykiske » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:44 pm

Blue Ivy wrote:If a buyer gets a loan by securing a mortgage from A and A does not record, what happens if buyer turns around and sells his property to a bona fide purchaser without notice of the mortgage?

Would A be able to foreclose if the buyer skips town without paying off the mortgage? How would that work considering BFP's interest are superior to A's?
I think that most of these questions will have this statement, "No unrecorded conveyance or mortgage of real property shall be good against subsequent purchasers for value without notice unless the conveyance is recorded."

So, assuming the BFP purchased the real property for value and no actual, record, and constructive/inquiry notice, BFP takes the real property free and clear of the mortgage.

Maybe a possible remedy for the lender would be to sue the buyer to collect payments on the loan?

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:09 pm

kykiske wrote:WOOOO!

Finally didn't bomb a mixed MBE set. 31/50. Not amazing, but I was scoring around 25/50 last week. Just need to pick up 6-7 more points.
Are you just doing those on your own? I don't see them in my personal study plan (PA). We just finished all the MBE topics, and I looked ahead but didn't see them in our plan.

Am I missing something?

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:11 pm

How many essays are people banging out a day at this point? I have neglected some and have been catching up on state essays, but just curious how many people are trying to do a day at this point.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:
kykiske wrote:WOOOO!

Are you just doing those on your own? I don't see them in my personal study plan (PA). We just finished all the MBE topics, and I looked ahead but didn't see them in our plan.

Am I missing something?
Also here in PA, and dully noted that there is no mixed set in the foreseeable future (and I dont think ever). For us, I am guessing that is a miscellaneous. May be good practice before we take the simulated next week though.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Kage3212 wrote:How many essays are people banging out a day at this point? I have neglected some and have been catching up on state essays, but just curious how many people are trying to do a day at this point.
Right now I'm just doing what's assigned--typically 1 or 2 essays a day. I see that after the the 4th of July barbri starts assigning 6 or 7 a day. Right now I'm just following my PSP plus spending a ridiculous amount of time condensing all of my absurdly long state subject outlines.

MPTPWZ1026

New

Post by MPTPWZ1026 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:22 pm

3|ink wrote:The barbri mixed question sets are clearly easier than the MPQs, right?

I'm doing awful in the MPQs. Miserable. I got a 6/18 in Torts set 2 last night.

But I'm averaging much better in the mixed sets.

I think they are supposed to be. I've found with the MPQs that the later sets usually get harder and test you one way more nuanced exceptions or details. I don't think the mixed sets go quite so far down the rabbit hole.

MPTPWZ1026

New

Post by MPTPWZ1026 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:22 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:How many essays are people banging out a day at this point? I have neglected some and have been catching up on state essays, but just curious how many people are trying to do a day at this point.
Right now I'm just doing what's assigned--typically 1 or 2 essays a day. I see that after the the 4th of July barbri starts assigning 6 or 7 a day. Right now I'm just following my PSP plus spending a ridiculous amount of time condensing all of my absurdly long state subject outlines.
Same here, just doing what's been assigned, which is 1 to 2 a day. We've got two more MEE lectures that end on Tuesday and then I see Barbri ramps up the number of essays we are supposed to take a day.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”