BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Woo! A week from now we'll all forget about how we CRUSHED THAT EASY ASS BAR EXAM and only be stressed about what we gone be drinking that night.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:35 pm

So... once we all passed the Bar, what do we do next to become a real lawyer? Do they just (e)mail you and tell you to come get sworn in at this time?

northerrn

New

Post by northerrn » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:40 pm

Has anyone done Mixed Set 5-Question 27 (re: bias impeachment)? I'm confused at how the answer isn't A, as i thought the federal rules required bias impeachment be first presented to the witness on cross-examination, giving them a chance to admit or deny the alleged bias.

gretchenweiners

New

Post by gretchenweiners » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:43 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
kykiske wrote:Confession #2: I have done very little to prepare for the MPT.

All I've done is prepare "templates" for each type of response and broke down my strategy into minutes (minutes 0-15: read case file, etc.).
If you're decent at legal writing then my advice is: read the assigned task carefully and then read everything else as fast as you possibly can so you can be sure to finish. Not doing the assignment as requested or not finishing are the real point killers.
Pro Tip: ExamSoft has alarm/timer for some states, use it to keep track of time.

Now what is the odds of getting an MPT this year where they ask us to draft a will or contract?
I did one of the practice draft a will ones (not intentionally, just picked one at random and didn't want to know what it was ahead of time to make sure I could ID tone and everything). It honestly wasn't that bad or different from the other types--it gave a clear example will to follow (that showed language to use etc) and the cases given were directly on point for the issues that arose. The model answer expected you to do a little more reading between the lines on the testator's intent than I did, but that was the only major thing that stuck out to me about it.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

gretchenweiners wrote:
kyle010723 wrote: Pro Tip: ExamSoft has alarm/timer for some states, use it to keep track of time.

Now what is the odds of getting an MPT this year where they ask us to draft a will or contract?
I did one of the practice draft a will ones (not intentionally, just picked one at random and didn't want to know what it was ahead of time to make sure I could ID tone and everything). It honestly wasn't that bad or different from the other types--it gave a clear example will to follow (that showed language to use etc) and the cases given were directly on point for the issues that arose. The model answer expected you to do a little more reading between the lines on the testator's intent than I did, but that was the only major thing that stuck out to me about it.
So they give you the format, you don't have to actually know the format and the magic language for the will?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:54 pm

kyle010723 wrote:So... once we all passed the Bar, what do we do next to become a real lawyer? Do they just (e)mail you and tell you to come get sworn in at this time?
Typically they need to know where to drop off your new Mercedes.

gretchenweiners

New

Post by gretchenweiners » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:57 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
gretchenweiners wrote:
kyle010723 wrote: Pro Tip: ExamSoft has alarm/timer for some states, use it to keep track of time.

So they give you the format, you don't have to actually know the format and the magic language for the will?
Yeah, mine had a previous version of the will in the file, and the model answer used that as an exact template. No expectations of extra knowledge of will drafting 8)

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:01 pm

The only thing I've really done with MPTs is the first 45 to make sure I can (i) go through the task memo, (ii) cases, (iii) case file, and (iv) start/finish my outline.

I can bullshit just about anything in 45 minutes if I have that all completed. And really, at least in my experience, I can get through (i)-(iii) in like 30 minutes or less. Task memo has never come close to taking up 15 minutes of my time through about 7 or so MPTs.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:The only thing I've really done with MPTs is the first 45 to make sure I can (i) go through the task memo, (ii) cases, (iii) case file, and (iv) start/finish my outline.

I can bullshit just about anything in 45 minutes if I have that all completed. And really, at least in my experience, I can get through (i)-(iii) in like 30 minutes or less. Task memo has never come close to taking up 15 minutes of my time through about 7 or so MPTs.
7? I did like 3 or 4 at most... lol

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:08 pm

True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

Still gonna pass though right? Fuck this test.
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Danger Zone wrote:True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

If anyone's going to pass, you are the one!

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:15 pm

Danger Zone wrote:True confession: I haven't done an MPT. Nor have I ever written out an essay answer.

You're going to get highest score cause I said so

odoylerulez

Bronze

Post by odoylerulez » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:16 pm

You're totally going to get median pwned.

In other words, congrats on your pass.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kykiske

Bronze

Post by kykiske » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 pm

odoylerulez wrote:

You're totally going to get median pwned.

In other words, congrats on your pass.
I hope you ALL get median-pwned. Yeah, I said it. I hope all of you jerks get the average score on the MBE, MEE, and MPT.

EVIL LAUGHTER

(seriously though, I'm hoping for average scores across the board too)

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Can always count on this thread :wink:

Only a few more days of passively examining our notes and then we GOT this homies
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xfer2013

New

Post by xfer2013 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Question on Statute of Frauds:

A writing satisfies provided that it is signed by the D and all essential terms are contained in the writing. For UCC essential terms are simply that there is a contract for sale of goods and the quantity term.

What are the essential terms for a writing to satisfy the SoF under common law?

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:34 pm

What do you all plan to do these next few days? I'm thinking of just reviewing all my condensed outlines to make sure I have the big picture, hit a few specific items that are likely to get tested (con law tests) and then attempt to retain my already minimal knowledge regarding commercial paper.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kykiske

Bronze

Post by kykiske » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:40 pm

charlesxavier wrote:What do you all plan to do these next few days? I'm thinking of just reviewing all my condensed outlines to make sure I have the big picture, hit a few specific items that are likely to get tested (con law tests) and then attempt to retain my already minimal knowledge regarding commercial paper.
I have made exactly zero outlines.

I've done over 2,000 MBE questions and written out 40 MEE essays.

Over these next few days, I plan on doing about 50 MBE questions a day, coupled with writing out 2-3 essays.

I might do a practice MPT on Sunday.

Then, on Monday (day before exam), I won't even touch a book. You know how the Obama Campaign didn't do anything campaign-related the day before election day? Yeah, I'm following suit. Sunday will be the finale of my bar prep. Monday will be a day of relaxation and getting my mind ready.

rhs100

New

Post by rhs100 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm

kykiske wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:What do you all plan to do these next few days? I'm thinking of just reviewing all my condensed outlines to make sure I have the big picture, hit a few specific items that are likely to get tested (con law tests) and then attempt to retain my already minimal knowledge regarding commercial paper.
I have made exactly zero outlines.

I've done over 2,000 MBE questions and written out 40 MEE essays.

Over these next few days, I plan on doing about 50 MBE questions a day, coupled with writing out 2-3 essays.

I might do a practice MPT on Sunday.

Then, on Monday (day before exam), I won't even touch a book. You know how the Obama Campaign didn't do anything campaign-related the day before election day? Yeah, I'm following suit. Sunday will be the finale of my bar prep. Monday will be a day of relaxation and getting my mind ready.
I like this plan, I'm gonna follow it, minus the no studying Monday - Monday morning I'm gonna try to look over my stupid mnemonics and maybe state distinctions.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm

xfer2013 wrote:Question on Statute of Frauds:

A writing satisfies provided that it is signed by the D and all essential terms are contained in the writing. For UCC essential terms are simply that there is a contract for sale of goods and the quantity term.

Essential terms under CL, I believe, abides by the "who, what where, when how" test. Usually if the subject matter of the the contract is listed, plus the names of the parties and what they are obligated to do/how they should perform, this should be sufficient to satisfy SOF.

OK = I, Dave Epstein, agree to lecture for barbri for the payment of 500 per course taught

Not OK = I will lecture per our discussions.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:53 pm

Kage3212 wrote:

Essential terms under CL, I believe, abides by the "who, what where, when how" test. Usually if the subject matter of the the contract is listed, plus the names of the parties and what they are obligated to do/how they should perform, this should be sufficient to satisfy SOF.

OK = I, Dave Epstein, agree to lecture for barbri for the payment of 500 per course taught

Depends on what you're conveying. If it's real property, you need a description of the property sufficient to ID it and the price. If it's a sale of goods under the UCC, you need quantity but you don't need price (a reasonable price will be added by the court).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Kage3212 wrote:

For land you have to have price and description. But for service contracts it's typically the who, what, where, when, how and generally just enough to know what is being enforced.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:56 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:

Depends on what you're conveying. If it's real property, you need a description of the property sufficient to ID it and the price. If it's a sale of goods under the UCC, you need quantity but you don't need price (a reasonable price will be added by the court).

Also, I think it really only requires the name of the party being charged. Doesn't have to have both.

Barbro

New

Post by Barbro » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Fuck it- 80/100 on Emmanuel AM. If I'm not ready now, I never will be.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Barbro wrote:Fuck it- 80/100 on Emmanuel AM. If I'm not ready now, I never will be.

Dont you go being negative on us!

80/100 is solidAF

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”