BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jamescastle

Bronze

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by jamescastle » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:14 am

LawGuy321 wrote:
jamescastle wrote:Dear Chemerinsky,
Please teach me everything in every subject in the next 30 days. Thanks in advance.
What do you like bout Chemerinsky? I like the guy so far.
I really liked the structure of his outline. Just really worked with how I think or something.
He also broke everything down to the extreme basics and built up from it really well. Like the bare bones outline he gives is decent enough but all the notes he builds into it as well make it super in-depth and able to handle everything.
Kinda hard to really convey but I think it just really jived well with how I "get it" unlike some other lecturers.

Shooter

Bronze

Post by Shooter » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:24 am

Hey all,

Any advice or words of encouragement for those of us who have fallen behind? I'm about two or three weeks behind on lecture material and starting to freak out a bit. Are the two weeks at the end without lectures enough time to catch up? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:34 am

Shooter wrote:Hey all,

Any advice or words of encouragement for those of us who have fallen behind? I'm about two or three weeks behind on lecture material and starting to freak out a bit. Are the two weeks at the end without lectures enough time to catch up? Has anyone done this?

Thanks!
If everyone said it was unlikely, would you just give up and waste all the money you've spent on barbri and your bar exam?
The only thing you can do is tell yourself it's possible and keep working hard.

(for the record, I'm behind too)

old_soul

Bronze

Post by old_soul » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:01 am

Just feel like for the amount I'm paying, I wish Barbri had some kind of analysis like SmartBarPrep with a list of subtopics and commonly tested rules.

kmp127

New

Post by kmp127 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 am

LawGuy321 wrote:
jamescastle wrote:Dear Chemerinsky,
Please teach me everything in every subject in the next 30 days. Thanks in advance.
What do you like bout Chemerinsky? I like the guy so far.
He just knows his S*** .... not just reading off the page. He's the only lecturer I remember from barbri 8 years ago. Oh and manageable at 1.5x :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:57 am

Thanks!
I got sick and have not touched anything in about a week. I was already behind as it is, so this sucks.

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:09 am

Checking in for behind. It's terrifying.

Any ideas how to speed up the videos in the iPhone app? I need to watch a few on a flight and it's going to be miserable at regular speed.

Ineedhelpplease

Bronze

Post by Ineedhelpplease » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:18 am

franklyscarlet wrote:Checking in for behind. It's terrifying.

Any ideas how to speed up the videos in the iPhone app? I need to watch a few on a flight and it's going to be miserable at regular speed.
Ive dont it by downloading them.. Then it gives you the option to slow it down or fast foward it.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks!
I would just outline from the CMRs in your shoes. It's not as bad as it might seem.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

franklyscarlet

Gold

Post by franklyscarlet » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 pm

Ineedhelpplease wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Checking in for behind. It's terrifying.

Ive dont it by downloading them.. Then it gives you the option to slow it down or fast foward it.
Lifesaver. Thanks!

cdelgado

Bronze

Post by cdelgado » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Not a Barbri specific question, but for those of you in ExamSoft states, is the software safe to use now? Or should I stick with the old No. 2? I am unfamiliar with the software as my school used another program.

stronitsing

New

Post by stronitsing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:25 pm

3|ink wrote:

Thanks!
I would just outline from the CMRs in your shoes. It's not as bad as it might seem.
Yeah this.

Calicakes

Bronze

Post by Calicakes » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:48 pm

cdelgado wrote:Not a Barbri specific question, but for those of you in ExamSoft states, is the software safe to use now? Or should I stick with the old No. 2? I am unfamiliar with the software as my school used another program.

Why wasnt it safe to use? I used it on the last bar, no issues.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

castlekm1

New

Post by castlekm1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:05 pm

anyone have thoughts on using the barbri tutor? is it worth it? i dont want to spend the $ if its something that i can do on my own.

any advice would be helpful i don't know many people who have used it and would like to get some insight.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Calicakes wrote:
cdelgado wrote:Not a Barbri specific question, but for those of you in ExamSoft states, is the software safe to use now? Or should I stick with the old No. 2? I am unfamiliar with the software as my school used another program.

Why wasnt it safe to use? I used it on the last bar, no issues.
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/07/bar-exam ... life-hard/
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:26 pm

Did anyone do significantly better on the simulated MBE than they have on the Smart Study/ practice questions? I did 162/200 on the simulated MBE, after being middle of the road average on everything most of the way. I just thought the simulated test was much easier than the practice questions. Anyone else have something similar happen to them? I am SHOCKED by how well I did...

LawGuy321

Bronze

Post by LawGuy321 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:31 pm

ash0117 wrote:Did anyone do significantly better on the simulated MBE than they have on the Smart Study/ practice questions? I did 162/200 on the simulated MBE, after being middle of the road average on everything most of the way. I just thought the simulated test was much easier than the practice questions. Anyone else have something similar happen to them? I am SHOCKED by how well I did...
Congrats! That's an awesoem surprise. Do you think you got "lucky" or you just knew the stuff...seems like your tough MPWs relly prepped you... Hoping for a similar surprise myself next week! I'm averaging about 65-70% correct on the quizzes now

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:33 pm

LawGuy321 wrote:
ash0117 wrote:Did anyone do significantly better on the simulated MBE than they have on the Smart Study/ practice questions? I did 162/200 on the simulated MBE, after being middle of the road average on everything most of the way. I just thought the simulated test was much easier than the practice questions. Anyone else have something similar happen to them? I am SHOCKED by how well I did...
Congrats! That's an awesoem surprise. Do you think you got "lucky" or you just knew the stuff...seems like your tough MPWs relly prepped you... Hoping for a similar surprise myself next week! I'm averaging about 65-70% correct on the quizzes now
Thanks! Honestly, I think I got lucky on a lot of guesses. Part of it may also be that I tend to do better when looking at the book as opposed to the online/ virtual quizzes and stuff. I'm going to review tomorrow, but a good chunk of it was probably me guessing right from among two answer choices (I can almost always eliminate two choices).

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:53 pm

History_Buff wrote:I really can't say enough good things about Blaze, for the TN Crim law lectures. Definitely the easiest lecture I watched.

Also, Calandrillo is so much better than my K's professor in law school. He actually manages to make K's somewhat interesting.
I have Calandrillo too. I don't mind his speaking style/voice, but I am not really understanding his organization of the lecture and handout.

DesperadoOfColumbia

New

Post by DesperadoOfColumbia » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks!
I fell behind because I had a bad upper respiratory infection and lost a week, just do an extra assignment or two a day and you'll gradually get it, although I'm still kind of behind overall the chart also says that I'm 10% ahead of average completion. If you haven't gotten there yet I thought Noreuil's words in crim/crimpro to be most encouraging and the power advantage stuff is smug and pisses me off.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Easier in what sense? More straight forward application of the elements? Could you actually answer the question in your head before looking at answer choices and that choice would appear as one of the answers? I feel like i do that on the MPQ sets and never find the answer, rather the answer is muddled and obscured by confusing phrasing.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Kage3212 wrote:
Easier in what sense? More straight forward application of the elements? Could you actually answer the question in your head before looking at answer choices and that choice would appear as one of the answers? I feel like i do that on the MPQ sets and never find the answer, rather the answer is muddled and obscured by confusing phrasing.
I found them to be a bit more straightforward. They were also easier to narrow down (there were usually two, if not three, answers that could be eliminated). Also, they were shorter (especially the contracts/ property questions - MUCH shorter). It may partially be that I did it on paper rather than on the computer (which makes a significant difference to me personally). I think the questions are still significantly harder than the real thing, but easier than the MPQs.

stronitsing

New

Post by stronitsing » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Particularly in NY, how are you guys approaching Professional Responsibility? Lecture seemed a bit in-depth but looks like only a few topics have been tested in the past. Regardless, I don't want to ignore full topics.

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:02 pm

CA Agency & Partnership made my brain shut down for the day out of sheer boredom.

gaagoots

Bronze

Post by gaagoots » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:21 pm

mushybrain wrote:CA Agency & Partnership made my brain shut down for the day out of sheer boredom.
I'm listening now and about to cry..I loathe this subject. I'd rather do 100 MBEs then sit through this for 3 hours.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”