BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
victortsoi

Bronze

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:27 pm

are we allowed to guess about NY? I'll be so pissed if im studying admin for nothing.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Poopface wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:Also, I hate every question with animals. I know the rule they're trying to test, but I always fuck up classifying the animal as domestic or wild. First it was bees, now I review the CMR and apparently BULLS are domestic farm animals? I'm not a zoologist, and I don't want to become one, so make it a dog or a lion or a goddamn cow so that I can apply the *law* you're supposed to be testing me on! SMH
totally agree. I cringe every time i get an animal question bc i feel like my screw up will be in mischaracterizing an animal as wild/domestic rather than in applying the law, which to me is the most infuriating situation i face in the middle of a question set
For the record, are bees wild?

EAsports

New

Post by EAsports » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Scored a 117/200 on the Simulated MBE and a 60/100 on the MBE Refresher. I've done about 1500 Barbri Qs at this point. Just got the Emanuel MBE book. What's the best way to approach Emanuel these last ten days? Just do the questions? I've heard the explanations are gold. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I'm in a 50% MBE state and feel moderately ready for the state-specific testing.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:39 pm

EAsports wrote:Scored a 117/200 on the Simulated MBE and a 60/100 on the MBE Refresher. I've done about 1500 Barbri Qs at this point. Just got the Emanuel MBE book. What's the best way to approach Emanuel these last ten days? Just do the questions? I've heard the explanations are gold. Any thoughts?

EDIT: I'm in a 50% MBE state and feel moderately ready for the state-specific testing.
I've just been going through the questions and am saving the practice exam for next week.

You can skim primer section before the questions if you want but I didn't see anything that we have encountered already. The explanations are much better than BarBri's and I strongly recommend going through them.

EvelynS

Bronze

Post by EvelynS » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:52 pm

victortsoi wrote:are we allowed to guess about NY? I'll be so pissed if im studying admin for nothing.
I am very hesitant about it. I feel like they will test it bcs. it would be weird to wait till the next administration of the test, but at the same time I just hope that they wait like a year after announcing a new thing (wishful thinking at this point. lol). I feel like they will test it, but some very big issues, nothing too obscure. But that is just my guess, totally based on nothing but hope :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:39 pm

Im taking Wisconsin, and BarBri says it's any combination of MBE + essays to get to 258 - is that 50% MBE language?

Sidenote: Hoping that I get 2 MPTs and less than the max of 8 essays rather than 1 MPT and 8 essays.

EDIT: NVM, I figured it out. Not a lot readily available info b/c of that diploma privilege :(

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:51 pm

Don't you hate when you completely blank out on an essay and think "there's no way they want us to discuss that." That turns out to be what it was about.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:53 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:CA is... idk. Bad.

I haven't studied that much tbh. Just a lot of staring at my laptop not learning. Spent most of today panicking & realizing how bad I am at everything.

Eta -- Barbri says something about 75% complete = auto pass basically. I'm basically there, but I don't know this stuff...
Im at 65% right now, but at least a few times I'll check off an "write out" essay when I've just read it and then stared at the answer for a really long time. So Your 75% and my 75% migh tbe different. But if we agree to pat each other on the back....

ash0117

Bronze

Post by ash0117 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:58 pm

victortsoi wrote:
brotherdarkness wrote:CA is... idk. Bad.

I haven't studied that much tbh. Just a lot of staring at my laptop not learning. Spent most of today panicking & realizing how bad I am at everything.

Eta -- Barbri says something about 75% complete = auto pass basically. I'm basically there, but I don't know this stuff...
Im at 65% right now, but at least a few times I'll check off an "write out" essay when I've just read it and then stared at the answer for a really long time. So Your 75% and my 75% migh tbe different. But if we agree to pat each other on the back....
My "write out" at this point is issue spotting, reading the rules from the answers, and writing the rules in the margins of the prompt. For me right now, the goal is memorizing the rules, not writing for form (I am a generally organized IRAC writer, so I am not too worried about that).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:02 pm

EvelynS wrote:
victortsoi wrote:are we allowed to guess about NY? I'll be so pissed if im studying admin for nothing.
I am very hesitant about it. I feel like they will test it bcs. it would be weird to wait till the next administration of the test, but at the same time I just hope that they wait like a year after announcing a new thing (wishful thinking at this point. lol). I feel like they will test it, but some very big issues, nothing too obscure. But that is just my guess, totally based on nothing but hope :D
I hope it's a multiple choice and not part of an essay!

corgibutts18

New

Post by corgibutts18 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:16 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:Obviously take this with a grain of salt, but my school's bar prep adviser person sent out her predictions for MEE subjects this year. She was almost 100% accurate last year:

These are merely predictions (guesses) and please take them as such. You should study and prepare for every MEE subject just in case they appear on one of the essays. But, during your final study days (hours), you should focus your MEE practice and studying on Corporations (LLC/Pship), Evidence, Trusts, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure (has been tested forever, but could be left off this summer now that Civ Pro is on the MBE), Conflicts/Family Law (together), and maybe Conlaw (not equal protection or takings) or Contracts. Based on past frequency, these subjects, or a combination thereof, will likely appear on the MEE this summer.

Especially interesting because they are almost exactly the same predictions as this guy's:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=248341

Edit: This is mainly relevant only to UBE states, less so for states that use some MEE questions, and obviously irrelevant for CA, TX, NY, etc.
Well hello there, fellow SU grad. Did she really say that she was almost 100% accurate last year? Looks like I have 10 days to learn trusts and conflicts from scratch...

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:29 pm

Another fellow chiming in here with regard to the Emmanuel AM and PM sections. I was able to gain 19 points on my Emmanuel test from my previous Barbri midterm. Heres to hoping that Emmanuel is more consistent with bar exam difficulty.

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:32 pm

Kage3212 wrote:Another fellow chiming in here with regard to the Emmanuel AM and PM sections. I was able to gain 19 points on my Emmanuel test from my previous Barbri midterm. Heres to hoping that Emmanuel is more consistent with bar exam difficulty.
what are the emmanuels like compared to teh barbri mixed sets? Haven't done the 200 q midterm yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Kage3212 wrote:Another fellow chiming in here with regard to the Emmanuel AM and PM sections. I was able to gain 19 points on my Emmanuel test from my previous Barbri midterm. Heres to hoping that Emmanuel is more consistent with bar exam difficulty.
Isn't Emanuel's supposed to be actual questions, too?

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:39 pm

corgibutts18 wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:Obviously take this with a grain of salt, but my school's bar prep adviser person sent out her predictions for MEE subjects this year. She was almost 100% accurate last year:

These are merely predictions (guesses) and please take them as such. You should study and prepare for every MEE subject just in case they appear on one of the essays. But, during your final study days (hours), you should focus your MEE practice and studying on Corporations (LLC/Pship), Evidence, Trusts, Criminal Procedure, Civil Procedure (has been tested forever, but could be left off this summer now that Civ Pro is on the MBE), Conflicts/Family Law (together), and maybe Conlaw (not equal protection or takings) or Contracts. Based on past frequency, these subjects, or a combination thereof, will likely appear on the MEE this summer.

Especially interesting because they are almost exactly the same predictions as this guy's:

Edit: This is mainly relevant only to UBE states, less so for states that use some MEE questions, and obviously irrelevant for CA, TX, NY, etc.
Well hello there, fellow SU grad. Did she really say that she was almost 100% accurate last year? Looks like I have 10 days to learn trusts and conflicts from scratch...
Nice!! Red-HAWKS! Hah. :D

Yeah she was right about 5/6 in February, from what I've heard. And just from looking at the past subjects and that other's guys post, I think it sounds right. Or as right as you can guess, haha.

And I wouldn't sweat conflicts too much. If it's even on there, it'll be mixed with another subject. It's never been a standalone subject. But trusts...yeah. I'm in the same boat.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:43 pm

victortsoi wrote:
what are the emmanuels like compared to teh barbri mixed sets? Haven't done the 200 q midterm yet.
Barbri are clearly more difficult. I noted that you have Adaptibar as well. Emmanuel is very similar to Adaptibar, in fact, I have spotted some questions in the Emmanuel book that I have previously confronted in Adaptibar. As you may know from Adaptibar, Emmanuel questions are sometimes longer and generally have two clear losers and then a closer call between the remaining two. Some barbri questions left me in the woods and all four would look good. I rarely had that problem in Emmanuel.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:47 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Yeah, apparently not even supposedly, they in fact are all previously administered questions.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BearState

Bronze

Post by BearState » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:48 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:
corgibutts18 wrote:

Nice!! Red-HAWKS! Hah. :D

Yeah she was right about 5/6 in February, from what I've heard. And just from looking at the past subjects and that other's guys post, I think it sounds right. Or as right as you can guess, haha.

And I wouldn't sweat conflicts too much. If it's even on there, it'll be mixed with another subject. It's never been a standalone subject. But trusts...yeah. I'm in the same boat.
Also taking WA; thanks for the pointer.

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
EAsports wrote:Scored a 117/200 on the Simulated MBE and a 60/100 on the MBE Refresher. I've done about 1500 Barbri Qs at this point. Just got the Emanuel MBE book. What's the best way to approach Emanuel these last ten days? Just do the questions? I've heard the explanations are gold. Any thoughts?

I've just been going through the questions and am saving the practice exam for next week.

You can skim primer section before the questions if you want but I didn't see anything that we have encountered already. The explanations are much better than BarBri's and I strongly recommend going through them.
How many questions do you do a day or think one should? I wanted to cover a subject a day until exam.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:53 pm

941law wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:

How many questions do you do a day or think one should? I wanted to cover a subject a day until exam.
Each subject has like 35ish-50 questions (something like that) so you'd need to do that many for however many days. Seems reasonable to me. Because I've already started, I'm down to like 20 a day until the exam. I guess it depends what else you've already got going on.

Kage3212 wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Yeah, apparently not even supposedly, they in fact are all previously administered questions.
lol

Barbro

New

Post by Barbro » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:56 am

Anyone else having trouble reviewing the same material over and over again? Ex: Barbri just told me to read the property CMR. I've looked at this nonsense a million times, can't focus on doing it again even though I know there are details I don't know.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:28 am

Barbro wrote:Anyone else having trouble reviewing the same material over and over again? Ex: Barbri just told me to read the property CMR. I've looked at this nonsense a million times, can't focus on doing it again even though I know there are details I don't know.
You don't have to actually read the CMR if you have read it a million times and inside out... Do something else that you think will be more productive

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:41 am

941law wrote: How many questions do you do a day or think one should? I wanted to cover a subject a day until exam.
I started Emanuel this week so you are just a few days behind me. I am doing at least 1 subject a day, sometimes 2. Each subject is only 48 to 56ish questions. So even if you do 2 a day it is still very manageable.

My problem is trying to squeeze in more time to do MEEs. Barbri's "outline" this essay usually turned into me writing the entire thing out.

Outis Onoma

Bronze

Post by Outis Onoma » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:11 am

I only ever actually do 1/4 of what I tell myself I'm going to do for the day. You'd think I'd change my planning/approach - I'm not.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:15 am

Outis Onoma wrote:I only ever actually do 1/4 of what I tell myself I'm going to do for the day. You'd think I'd change my planning/approach - I'm not.
I'm allowing myself to slack off this weekend. Then game time next week.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”