BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
History_Buff

Diamond

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by History_Buff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:26 pm

mushybrain wrote:For people who have done both the first and second mixed MBE sets, how did your scores compare? I did considerably better on the second one without having studied anything in between, and I'm thinking it's just an improvement in trying not to overthink after seeing where I screwed up on the first set. But I'm wondering what others thought before I pat myself on the back.
CONSIDERABLY better on the second one. Improved by ten questions. I hope I do as well as I did on the second mixed set because I got 41/50 right which is pretty much autopass if you extrapolate right?

Charger

Bronze

Post by Charger » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:27 pm

mushybrain wrote:For people who have done both the first and second mixed MBE sets, how did your scores compare? I did considerably better on the second one without having studied anything in between, and I'm thinking it's just an improvement in trying not to overthink after seeing where I screwed up on the first set. But I'm wondering what others thought before I pat myself on the back.
Related question: what are the goals for the mixed MBE sets? The front of the MBE book has average scores for the workshops and subject-specific sets, but I don't see any info for the mixed subject sets. In other words, below what percentage should I be worried?

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Also related, are you guys just working ahead or have you completed all substantive lectures per study plan? We still have Crim Pro and Civ Pro yet to go . . .

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:28 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:Any computer whizzes here? The Barbri mini-outlines for the MBE subjects are very useful. They can be found in the StudySmary section of the website or via the Barbri app (somewhat easier to read). Can anyone figure out how to print them?
I could be wrong, but I believe the StudySmart mini outlines are just copy and paste of the Conviser Mini Reviews.

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:31 pm

History_Buff wrote:
CONSIDERABLY better on the second one. Improved by ten questions. I hope I do as well as I did on the second mixed set because I got 41/50 right which is pretty much autopass if you extrapolate right?
What are these mixed MBE sets you guys are referring to? Are you talking about the 1-100 in the beginning of MPQ (i.e., the MBE Preview Diagnostic) or Half Day 1-100 near the back of MPQ? Or neither?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mushybrain

Bronze

Post by mushybrain » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Kage3212 wrote:Also related, are you guys just working ahead or have you completed all substantive lectures per study plan? We still have Crim Pro and Civ Pro yet to go . . .
My PSP has already been through all the MBE substantive lectures. I did a couple a day or so early but as of today I'm no longer ahead. The remaining three lectures are all CA-specific.
RaleighStClair wrote:
History_Buff wrote:
What are these mixed MBE sets you guys are referring to? Are you talking about the 1-100 in the beginning of MPQ (i.e., the MBE Preview Diagnostic) or Half Day 1-100 near the back of MPQ? Or neither?
Neither. They're the 50 question sets listed as ONLINE PDF: Complete MPQ Mixed Subject Set 1/2 (50 Qs) in the PSP, and to my knowledge they're only available in PDF.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:02 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:
myrtlewinston wrote:Any computer whizzes here? The Barbri mini-outlines for the MBE subjects are very useful. They can be found in the StudySmary section of the website or via the Barbri app (somewhat easier to read). Can anyone figure out how to print them?
I could be wrong, but I believe the StudySmart mini outlines are just copy and paste of the Conviser Mini Reviews.
Thankfully, they are further condensed versions. Just hurts to stare at the iPad all day.

Neff

Bronze

Post by Neff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:51 pm

Last edited by Neff on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:57 pm

Neff wrote:This ish sucks. Just spent three hours outlining every single one of black lady's advice videos.
You're kidding, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:09 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Neff wrote:This ish sucks. Just spent three hours outlining every single one of black lady's advice videos.
You're kidding, right?
I hope he's kidding. If he's not, don't engage.

Str8Rippin

New

Post by Str8Rippin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Anyone in the live class, are you actually prepared to take the practice MBE and simulated Half Day essay exam? I honestly haven't spent much time memorizing, I thought that was what I did in July.

Neff

Bronze

Post by Neff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Last edited by Neff on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neff

Bronze

Post by Neff » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Last edited by Neff on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:15 pm

edit
Last edited by AReasonableMan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diowad

New

Post by diowad » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Str8Rippin wrote:Anyone in the live class, are you actually prepared to take the practice MBE and simulated Half Day essay exam? I honestly haven't spent much time memorizing, I thought that was what I did in July.
I'm nowhere near prepared. If I see a question more than 3/4 of a column long, I'll likely skip it and come back to it if there's time and just fill in a random answer if not. I'd likely get lost and miss it anyway.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:14 pm

Ugh. The contracts MPQs are brutal. I just got destroyed by 1 and 2.

Killingly

Silver

Post by Killingly » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:18 pm

Kind of freaking out about the essays, especially since I'm objectively pretty bad at issue spotter type things.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:33 pm

3|ink wrote:Ugh. The contracts MPQs are brutal. I just got destroyed by 1 and 2.
Yea. They're horrible.

On contracts for me...

BarBri: 54% correct (54 questions completed)
Emanuel: 74% correct (42 questions completed)

If anything, it's a good morale boost. I know it's been said multiple times, but BarBri's questions seem so ridiculously detailed and nuanced, I really don't think it's an indicator of anything. But I do think they're good for preparing/learning the law. Like lifting a 50 lb weight after getting used to 100 pounders.

ETA: Douevenliftbro?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:01 pm

Neff wrote:.
Oh man what'd we miss

More racism I hope

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:
3|ink wrote:Ugh. The contracts MPQs are brutal. I just got destroyed by 1 and 2.
Yea. They're horrible.

On contracts for me...

BarBri: 54% correct (54 questions completed)
Emanuel: 74% correct (42 questions completed)

If anything, it's a good morale boost. I know it's been said multiple times, but BarBri's questions seem so ridiculously detailed and nuanced, I really don't think it's an indicator of anything. But I do think they're good for preparing/learning the law. Like lifting a 50 lb weight after getting used to 100 pounders.

ETA: Douevenliftbro?
Yeah I need to get that Emanuel.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:28 pm

I have torts with roger schechter scheduled for tomorrow. Serious question: am I better off just outlining from the CMR?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 pm

3|ink wrote:I have torts with roger schechter scheduled for tomorrow. Serious question: am I better off just outlining from the CMR?
Serious answer: definitely, yes

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:37 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
3|ink wrote:I have torts with roger schechter scheduled for tomorrow. Serious question: am I better off just outlining from the CMR?
Unequivocally. Don't bother with his Domestic Relations lecture either, if you're unlucky enough to get him twice.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:
Unequivocally. Don't bother with his Domestic Relations lecture either, if you're unlucky enough to get him twice.
Shit. Just looked ahead and I do have him for DR.

Redamon1

Bronze

Post by Redamon1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:04 am

Rather than taking my own notes, I actually followed along in the CMR while he lectured; it worked great.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”