BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
kmp127

New

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by kmp127 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:54 pm

bmili wrote:For Barbri Texas people:

Apparently 7/1 we have a "simulated written exam." However, all 56 pages of it are only listed in the info section online (meaning we have to print out everything). I'm thinking this exercise is self-graded but I am not seeing model answers anywhere. Anybody have more color on this?
Hey I just saw it on the schedule too, but where is it exactly? You're right, there's barely any direction...

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:55 pm

jamescastle wrote:When you go to your home page on the PSP, what are your study numbers? I'm getting behind on the PSP but I feel like I've done a ton of MBE questions not in my plan because I do about 5-10 whenever I get the chance on the phone app.
So when I look at the home page I've done 865 questions so far. Is that normal? Less than normal? More than normal?
119 - Assignments
77 - Hours of lecture
583 - practice questions.

Feels like I've learned a lot less than I should have by now. A lot.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:03 pm

jamescastle wrote:When you go to your home page on the PSP, what are your study numbers? I'm getting behind on the PSP but I feel like I've done a ton of MBE questions not in my plan because I do about 5-10 whenever I get the chance on the phone app.
So when I look at the home page I've done 865 questions so far. Is that normal? Less than normal? More than normal?
You've probably done more questions than normal. I've done exactly what was assigned by barbri (I do extra questions out of Emanuel)

165 Assignments
96 Hours of Lecture
528 Practice Questions

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:28 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:
119 - Assignments
77 - Hours of lecture
583 - practice questions.

Feels like I've learned a lot less than I should have by now. A lot.
If it makes you feel better, i'm in the same boat. I don't have a ton of stuff memorized but if i read it i would recognize it pretty quickly. Hopefully things clear up in the next month. I've got a long way to go to memorize this stuff

147 assignment
105 hours of lecture
433 practice questions

kykiske

Bronze

Post by kykiske » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:42 pm

Doing the MBE simulation tomorrow. 6 whole hours of MBE questions.

Really hoping for a 121/190. Spend the next month hitting hit hard, and kick it up to 136/190.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mtyler19

Bronze

Post by mtyler19 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:48 pm

kmp127 wrote:
bmili wrote:For Barbri Texas people:

Apparently 7/1 we have a "simulated written exam." However, all 56 pages of it are only listed in the info section online (meaning we have to print out everything). I'm thinking this exercise is self-graded but I am not seeing model answers anywhere. Anybody have more color on this?
Hey I just saw it on the schedule too, but where is it exactly? You're right, there's barely any direction...
I thought it was in one of our books? I have one more book in my box that says simulated MBE but I've never opened it.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:11 pm

For those doing Adaptibar and Barbri, I assume that you have noticed the wide discrepency between the Torts Adaptibar questions and the MPQ set Torts questions. That being, the Adaptibar questions are often 2-3 paragraphs (if not more) while the Barbri ones are usually short. Any idea which is more indicative of actual MBE? Were torts questions changed at some point?

old_soul

Bronze

Post by old_soul » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:26 pm

Mildly annoyed by how Barbri actively sends us solicitation emails as well as messages, asking us to buy their $99 last min review or their personal tutoring. I'm sorry, didn't I just pay almost $4000? It would have a nice good will feel if they tacked on the last min review for free or offered everyone an hour of free tutoring (which would probably encourage people to buy more hours!). Sorry, end rant.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:46 pm

Kage3212 wrote:For those doing Adaptibar and Barbri, I assume that you have noticed the wide discrepency between the Torts Adaptibar questions and the MPQ set Torts questions. That being, the Adaptibar questions are often 2-3 paragraphs (if not more) while the Barbri ones are usually short. Any idea which is more indicative of actual MBE? Were torts questions changed at some point?
Aren't Adaptibar questions actual mbe questions?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 pm

3|ink wrote:
Kage3212 wrote:For those doing Adaptibar and Barbri, I assume that you have noticed the wide discrepency between the Torts Adaptibar questions and the MPQ set Torts questions. That being, the Adaptibar questions are often 2-3 paragraphs (if not more) while the Barbri ones are usually short. Any idea which is more indicative of actual MBE? Were torts questions changed at some point?
Aren't Adaptibar questions actual mbe questions?
Yes, but I remember seeing some criticism of Adaptibar somewhere that said various questions of the test may now be formatted differently. Thus, even if Adaptibar is utilizing real tort MBE questions from 1990, doesn't necessarily mean that that modern day NCBE questions are similar in construction. The discrepancy between Barbri and Adaptibar is dramatic, so I figured I would ask.

MPTPWZ1026

New

Post by MPTPWZ1026 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:15 pm

old_soul wrote:On another note, when is the Simulated MBE for y'all?

My PSP says July 7th. I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to be at the end of June?
For my state, it's scheduled for tomorrow with all of the analysis videos scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. My state hasn't been assigned any of those 50 question mixed sets yet, so the 200 question simulated is our first mixed set period (besides the diagnostic in the beginning).

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:23 pm

MPTPWZ1026 wrote:
old_soul wrote:On another note, when is the Simulated MBE for y'all?

My PSP says July 7th. I thought I read somewhere that it was supposed to be at the end of June?
For my state, it's scheduled for tomorrow with all of the analysis videos scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. My state hasn't been assigned any of those 50 question mixed sets yet, so the 200 question simulated is our first mixed set period (besides the diagnostic in the beginning).
^ Same here (WA). Although, we were never assigned the diagnostic.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:17 pm

This is my first exposure to Sec Trans in any form whatsoever and it seems totally unrelated to basically anything else. Like, these are rules for bankers or something, not lawyers.

The prof, Molls or whatever, is pretty tolerable, though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BuckinghamB

Bronze

Post by BuckinghamB » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:This is my first exposure to Sec Trans in any form whatsoever and it seems totally unrelated to basically anything else. Like, these are rules for bankers or something, not lawyers.

Moll is the shit. Anyone else think he looks like Bob Saget?

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:05 am

rinkrat19 wrote:This is my first exposure to Sec Trans in any form whatsoever and it seems totally unrelated to basically anything else. Like, these are rules for bankers or something, not lawyers.
nah

http://abovethelaw.com/2015/01/mayer-br ... c-screwup/

jamescastle

Bronze

Post by jamescastle » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:17 am

BuckinghamB wrote:

Moll is hilarious. Wish I had him for more than just bankruptcy.

old_soul

Bronze

Post by old_soul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:31 am

Edit. Figured it out.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:50 am

old_soul wrote:Edit. Figured it out.
wait, so to the mood boost we're all getting from adaptibar is all for naught? WHAT?!?!?

rhs100

New

Post by rhs100 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:18 pm

BuckinghamB wrote:

Yup totally Danny Tanner. :D

rhs100

New

Post by rhs100 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:20 pm

For the NY people, what are your thoughts about approaching the NY non MBE subjects? Without doing questions like the MBE subjects, I am not really sure how I can ever remember all those stuff - and I don't even know how much time is worth spending on memorizing them. Has anyone been given any advice on how to go about those subjects?

musicfor18

Silver

Post by musicfor18 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:28 pm

rhs100 wrote:For the NY people, what are your thoughts about approaching the NY non MBE subjects? Without doing questions like the MBE subjects, I am not really sure how I can ever remember all those stuff - and I don't even know how much time is worth spending on memorizing them. Has anyone been given any advice on how to go about those subjects?
I'm very frustrated that BarBri doesn't really give us any tools for learning the state subjects. No AMP, no questions to practice with other than a few essays. I guess we're just on our own to memorize those subjects?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Birdnals

Gold

Post by Birdnals » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:32 pm

About a month out, should probably hop in this thread. What up, MBE folks?

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Actually, with stuff piling up, i think everyone should google "ny bar essay frequency" and decide for themselves how to focus cramming. Wills is by far the most important state subject to know, but for example, secured transactions, no fault insurance, or conflicts of law or even trusts don't show up too much. Corporations, Wills, Domestic Relations seem to be pretty important though.

myrtlewinston

Bronze

Post by myrtlewinston » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:56 pm

victortsoi wrote:Actually, with stuff piling up, i think everyone should google "ny bar essay frequency" and decide for themselves how to focus cramming. Wills is by far the most important state subject to know, but for example, secured transactions, no fault insurance, or conflicts of law or even trusts don't show up too much. Corporations, Wills, Domestic Relations seem to be pretty important though.
Plus NY Practice!

How is LeanSheets working out for you? Sufficient info to answer the MBE questions and write essays?

victortsoi

Bronze

Post by victortsoi » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:10 pm

myrtlewinston wrote:
victortsoi wrote:Actually, with stuff piling up, i think everyone should google "ny bar essay frequency" and decide for themselves how to focus cramming. Wills is by far the most important state subject to know, but for example, secured transactions, no fault insurance, or conflicts of law or even trusts don't show up too much. Corporations, Wills, Domestic Relations seem to be pretty important though.
Plus NY Practice!

How is LeanSheets working out for you? Sufficient info to answer the MBE questions and write essays?
Lean sheets is good, but I actually have been stuck on the essays. I feel I need to cram a little more and do them a little later, so I have a bunch piled up. I've been keeping up with the lectures though, and doing mbe questions. I'm undecided about doing a few essays open book, but I need to figure that out soon too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”