BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
3|ink

Platinum

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by 3|ink » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:03 am

RaleighStClair wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:This wait is brutal
November fucking twentieth!!!! I'm going to kill someone.
Ours is September 11th, of all days. Being recently jobless, and very skeptical about my passing, I'm kind of wishing it was longer. If I don't pass, I don't think I'd start prepping until November or so anyway for Feb.
Why do you think you failed?

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:00 am

Arbinshire wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
BVest wrote:I've had several post-bar. My bar exam nightmares started in early June when BLE required us to load ExamSoft and I made the mistake of reading the admissions rules.

My most recent post-bar dream was Friday morning when I dreamed that there was a 4th day consisting entirely of logic games combined with statutory interpretation, and the answers hinged on whether the question involved a red man, green man, or blue man or some combination thereof. I kept thinking "equal protection" but then had to remind myself that this was not the MBE but some other beast.
This would have only been better if Chemerinsky had shown up naked.
That would be ...most... horrible. I can't think of something worse.
naked Chemerinky + naked Scalia + naked Thomas + naked Cosby.....thats a whole lotta pudding pops! :)

Allright, I'll stop, I'm starting to gross myself out.

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:44 am

3|ink wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Ours is September 11th, of all days. Being recently jobless, and very skeptical about my passing, I'm kind of wishing it was longer. If I don't pass, I don't think I'd start prepping until November or so anyway for Feb.
I blew it on the MPTs and did mediocre on what were very easy essays.

The MBE is obviously a shitshow but no one can know for sure.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:53 am

RaleighStClair wrote:
3|ink wrote:
RaleighStClair wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
I blew it on the MPTs and did mediocre on what were very easy essays.

The MBE is obviously a shitshow but no one can know for sure.
You can't really blow MPTs so long as you put some stuff down. And mediocre on essays is not a bad thing either. Doing average on everything should be enough to pass.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:21 pm

941law wrote:anyone else looking for a job right now? talk about bad timing.
Yup. I was apparently second on the list for a corporate fellowship that would have started on September 1st and would've allowed me to retake in February if I failed. It would have been perfect--a couple weeks off after the bar without worrying about finding a job. However, here I am looking for jobs while having no idea about bar results. It's uncomfortable.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:15 am

charlesxavier wrote:
Yup. I was apparently second on the list for a corporate fellowship that would have started on September 1st and would've allowed me to retake in February if I failed. It would have been perfect--a couple weeks off after the bar without worrying about finding a job. However, here I am looking for jobs while having no idea about bar results. It's uncomfortable.
I am on the verge of just lying to employers. Telling them I'm taking the bar exam in February and looking for a job while I study, oppose to my recent applications where I've been honest and told them that I get results back in late September. If I was looking for an associate I would simply say "call me when you pass."

robinhoodOO

Silver

Post by robinhoodOO » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:30 pm

941law wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
I am on the verge of just lying to employers. Telling them I'm taking the bar exam in February and looking for a job while I study, oppose to my recent applications where I've been honest and told them that I get results back in late September. If I was looking for an associate I would simply say "call me when you pass."
But, like, say you get the job and you pass. What do you say then when they're wondering how you're licensed and you said you were waiting till Feb?

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:07 pm

robinhoodOO wrote:
941law wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
But, like, say you get the job and you pass. What do you say then when they're wondering how you're licensed and you said you were waiting till Feb?
A festivus miracle! No, at that point I'm screwed. Maybe something like "so I took the July bar without studying and had no intention of passing, as it turns out I passed." Strong possibility that the job I'll be in will be more assistant support so I'll need to quit anyway if I have a license.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Anyone get their book deposit back yet? I see it says 75 days to process but just wanted to check.
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:15 am

Danger Zone wrote:Anyone get their book deposit back yet? I see it says 75 days to process but just wanted to check.
I returned my books Aug 1st, and got my deposit back about a week and a half later.

I sent mine to the Novi, Michigan address.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Shit, so did I. Where's mah money

ReachTheBar79

Bronze

Post by ReachTheBar79 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi so can anyone answer these 2 questions?:

1. Can we mail our books back after we find out whether we passed?

2. What kinds of jobs can we all look for now? A paralegal job...? I feel like I'm needing to get out of my place to work already!!

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:01 pm

ReachTheBar79 wrote:Hi so can anyone answer these 2 questions?:

2. What kinds of jobs can we all look for now? A paralegal job...? I feel like I'm needing to get out of my place to work already!!
1. No, you have til Sept. 4

2. No idea

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:40 pm

Apply to associate positions and start the process in case you passed. Apply for assistant positions after you failed. I'd probably get an interim job as both searches can take weeks.

ReachTheBar79

Bronze

Post by ReachTheBar79 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:07 am

Thank you! Do you write J.D. somewhere on your resume or do you indicate somewhere that your bar admission is pending?
941law wrote:

Apply to associate positions and start the process in case you passed. Apply for assistant positions after you failed. I'd probably get an interim job as both searches can take weeks.

Outis Onoma

Bronze

Post by Outis Onoma » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:13 am

So, how often do people who get 74 - 80% on the MBE practice questions completely shit the bed on the real thing?

Starting to really worry after my employer gave me the old "don't worry, no one here has ever failed the bar exam"

5ky

Diamond

Post by 5ky » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:15 am

Outis Onoma wrote:So, how often do people who get 74 - 80% on the MBE practice questions completely shit the bed on the real thing?

Starting to really worry after my employer gave me the old "don't worry, no one here has ever failed the bar exam"
basically never unless you know you didn't answer a quarter of the questions or something, or you had a major personal tragedy a few days before the exam, so you can relax. you'll get like 160+ scaled

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:00 am

Danger Zone wrote:Shit, so did I. Where's mah money
There is a Rhianna video that addresses this situation. It doesn't end well if those bitches at Barbri don't have your money.

xChiTowNx

Bronze

Post by xChiTowNx » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:28 am

Danger Zone wrote:Shit, so did I. Where's mah money
Just for your reference, i looked up the email confirmation i got from BarBri (mailed books 8/1, email received 8/7):

Dear xchitownx:

Thank you for returning your course materials. Your materials have been received and the credit card indicated on your book return form will be credited the refundable deposit amount of $250.00.

If you have any questions, please contact your local BARBRI office. Thank you for choosing BARBRI.

The BARBRI Team

Maybe you asked for a check? I know I got a refund on my debit card a day or so after this email.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 am

I did ask for a check. I called and they said it'll take 4-6 weeks to process.

acronyx

New

Post by acronyx » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:17 am

Mailed my books ~3 weeks ago, media mail, got the confirmation email today. Credit card "will be credited" in an unspecified time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

941law

Bronze

Post by 941law » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:44 am

ReachTheBar79 wrote:Thank you! Do you write J.D. somewhere on your resume or do you indicate somewhere that your bar admission is pending?
941law wrote:

You have a JD so yes, list it. Plenty of examples online. Explanation of your bar results is probably best for your cover letter.

kmp127

New

Post by kmp127 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:29 pm

for book return, is "(State) State Outline Book" the longer outline book?

and for TX ppl - did we have the MEE or MEET books? I can't find them .. all I have is the (State Specific) Essay Testing", which is the book with all the essays from prior exams.

thx!

reinbowbrite

New

Post by reinbowbrite » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:10 pm

When mailing back Barbri books, does the box just have to be postdated by 9/4 or does Barbri have to receive the books by 9/4?

Also, we can keep the book of our lecture notes, correct? I'm finally getting around to this but I can't find the sheet that came in the box originally that talked about how to send them back.

yachterotter

New

Post by yachterotter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:31 pm

reinbowbrite wrote:When mailing back Barbri books, does the box just have to be postdated by 9/4 or does Barbri have to receive the books by 9/4?

Also, we can keep the book of our lecture notes, correct? I'm finally getting around to this but I can't find the sheet that came in the box originally that talked about how to send them back.
Postdated by 9/4! Just checked that this morning. And yes, the Lecture book is yours to keep :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”