BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
charlesxavier

Bronze

Re: BarBri Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Post by charlesxavier » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:42 pm

Dang, I just got an email from school that one of the profs/associate deans died of a heart attack last night. He was only 54. I never took one of his classes but saw him in the hall frequently.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:50 pm

High School Journalism Class exception? How is that a thing...?!

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 pm

kyle010723 wrote:High School Journalism Class exception? How is that a thing...?!
I got that one wrong as well. Not much more you can do besides laugh. On the plus side, it's so ridiculous you won't forget it.

Another fun question was about prayer before legislative meetings. I said that it violated the Establishment Clause / Lemon Test. Answer: Yes, it does violate the Establishment Clause / Lemon Test, but such prayers are tradition and therefore we'll allow it. :roll:

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:54 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:High School Journalism Class exception? How is that a thing...?!
I got that one wrong as well. Not much more you can do besides laugh. On the plus side, it's so ridiculous you won't forget it.

Another fun question was about prayer before legislative meetings. I said that it violated the Establishment Clause / Lemon Test. Answer: Yes, it does violate the Establishment Clause / Lemon Test, but such prayers are tradition and therefore we'll allow it. :roll:
Yea, because the justification of having a "long history" is clearly the best constitutional argument

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:57 pm

Been CRUSHING the mixed sets

1: 36/50
2: 35/50
3: 38/50

Ready to take the barzam TODAY. Fuck it, let's goooo
Last edited by Danger Zone on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:59 pm

Danger Zone wrote:Been CRUSHING the mixed sets

Haha, same. Mixed sets are definitely confidence boosters

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Best save last 2 brochacho

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:01 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:

Yea I got both of those wrong too

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Does the evidence rule where you can state that the victim was the first aggressor only apply in homicide cases, or battery cases as well>

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:05 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:

Got 7 of em, been doing one a day

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:10 pm

Danger Zone wrote:
Good Guy Gaud wrote:

Got 7 of em, been doing one a day

7!?

tybDangerZone. I thought there was only 5 because my PSP only assigns 5 of them.

figures. LOLBarBri

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote: 7!?

tybDangerZone. I thought there was only 5 because my PSP only assigns 5 of them.

figures. LOLBarBri
My PSP only assigns 2. I am doing all 7 for fun.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:13 pm

Yeah my PSP only assigned 4. Fuck em, trying to hide the ball and shit.

For those who couldn't find it, from your PSP, click the Settings wheel at the top right, then Enrolled Student Center, then Practice Questions (under Additional Bar Review Materials on the left)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Learned Throw Hands

New

Post by Learned Throw Hands » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:15 pm

How do you feel when you do the essays? I'm in the same range on the mixed sets and the Emmanuals but when I sit down and do an essay I'm always missing issues and my rule statements are all garbled. I just can't gauge how everyone else is gonna do on the essays. fuck.

Kage3212

Bronze

Post by Kage3212 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:16 pm

Not a single mixed set assigned here in PA.

Danger Zone

Platinum

Post by Danger Zone » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Learned Throw Hands wrote:

How do you feel when you do the essays? I'm in the same range on the mixed sets and the Emmanuals but when I sit down and do an essay I'm always missing issues and my rule statements are all garbled. I just can't gauge how everyone else is gonna do on the essays. fuck.
Yeah, I've only ever outlined essays but I always feel like I fucked up big time. Missed issues, misstating rules, forgetting elements.

Whatever man. We're all gonna make it.

thewaterlanding

New

Post by thewaterlanding » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:22 pm

In Texas. Doing an essay on partnership and what "clauses" are valid in an agreement. One clause stated that the contracted away the duty of care and good faith unless willful and wanton conduct. I answered that this was valid because the only clause that you cannot waive is the duty of loyalty. I looked at the "sample answers" on the BLE website and all the answers said it was valid because you can limit. They went on to say that you cannot eliminate these. So, can you eliminate duty of care and good faith, so long as you don't eliminate duty of loyalty?

Thanks

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Danger Zone wrote:

Yeah, I've only ever outlined essays but I always feel like I fucked up big time. Missed issues, misstating rules, forgetting elements.

I think it has been established that how we all do on essays is primarily based on luck.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:

I think it has been established that how we all do on essays is primarily based on luck.
+1... I've concluded I just cannot do anything meaningful to improve my essay score at this point.

brotherdarkness

Gold

Post by brotherdarkness » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:
Danger Zone wrote:

It's just nice to keep reminding each other that we're all equally fucked on the essays and that we're all going to make it anyway.

Reading Barbri's sample answers gives me a headache. Give me something realistic, not something written by a team of monkeys who have unlimited time and the rules sitting next to them. Whatever tho, I've got dat ARMADILLO METHOD.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Post by Good Guy Gaud » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:28 pm

that fucking armadillo

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:31 pm

Only if that Armadillo is from Texas!

murray18

Bronze

Post by murray18 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:36 pm

brotherdarkness wrote:
It's just nice to keep reminding each other that we're all equally fucked on the essays and that we're all going to make it anyway.

Reading Barbri's sample answers gives me a headache. Give me something realistic, not something written by a team of monkeys who have unlimited time and the rules sitting next to them. Whatever tho, I've got dat ARMADILLO METHOD.
Hey, this is the exact brand of reassurance I need. Half of my rule statements end up being like "for adverse possession, the guy can't be ok with having an asshole on his land. Also, he has to be there for the statutory period. There are probably other elements too."

Here's to not being the slowest gazelle!

Neff

Bronze

Post by Neff » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:45 pm

thewaterlanding wrote:In Texas. Doing an essay on partnership and what "clauses" are valid in an agreement. One clause stated that the contracted away the duty of care and good faith unless willful and wanton conduct. I answered that this was valid because the only clause that you cannot waive is the duty of loyalty. I looked at the "sample answers" on the BLE website and all the answers said it was valid because you can limit. They went on to say that you cannot eliminate these. So, can you eliminate duty of care and good faith, so long as you don't eliminate duty of loyalty?

Thanks
I believe after the 2013 amendment to the law, you can eliminate everything except for the duty of loyalty. At least that's what I'm going to say...

jamescastle

Bronze

Post by jamescastle » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:47 pm

thewaterlanding wrote:In Texas. Doing an essay on partnership and what "clauses" are valid in an agreement. One clause stated that the contracted away the duty of care and good faith unless willful and wanton conduct. I answered that this was valid because the only clause that you cannot waive is the duty of loyalty. I looked at the "sample answers" on the BLE website and all the answers said it was valid because you can limit. They went on to say that you cannot eliminate these. So, can you eliminate duty of care and good faith, so long as you don't eliminate duty of loyalty?

Thanks
Yeah we talked about that earlier in this thread (me and BVest I think if you want to search either of our posts). Anyway, it was changed after Freer's lecture handout.
In essence, though, you can see the change. Go to your Information tab. Click on "Summer 2015 Errata." You'll get a pdf that says:
[+] Spoiler
BUSINESS ASSOCIATIONS ANSWER:
Page/Ans. # Text
18/22.(1) Delete the second paragraph at 22.(1) and substitute the following:
The second issue is whether the partnership agreement is valid. Partners may not
eliminate their duty of loyalty; thus, that aspect of clause (i) was invalid. Clause (ii)
operates as an indemnification agreement among the partners, but not as a shield
against liability to partnership creditors. Partners are jointly and severally liable to
third parties for partnership obligations and may not limit that liability without a third
party’s consent. Thus, the agreement was only partially valid.
[Note: A recent change to the TBOC allows partners to eliminate the duty of care.]
Let me know if that's a copyright problem and I'll edit/delete this post.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”