Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Confused7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Confused7 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:36 pm

eloise16 wrote:
Ugh, just did my 3rd Evidence MBE and started off with just 3 wrong mid-way...only to do substantially worse on the second portion and end up with a 68%. :(


I'm concerned (for myself) that you are upset with a 68%.... some of the scores y'all are posting on here and acting upset about are the scores I'm proud of or pretty content with at this point in the game....

:cry:


Noooo, I didn't mean for that to be a humblebrag or anything. I was just kicking myself because I did terribly on the first MBE set and was shocked that I was doing okay for the first part of this one, but then of course my streak ended. Evidence is a vastly frustrating subject to grasp.

User avatar
Mad Hatter
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Mad Hatter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:43 pm

Are we really expected to be at 40%? Whoops.

zot1
Posts: 2991
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby zot1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:49 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:Are we really expected to be at 40%? Whoops.


I think it's 50%. This stresses me out because sometimes I get above 60%, but more often, I'm around 58% :/

User avatar
Mad Hatter
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Mad Hatter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:50 pm

zot1 wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:Are we really expected to be at 40%? Whoops.


I think it's 50%. This stresses me out because sometimes I get above 60%, but more often, I'm around 58% :/

No, I meant in terms of completing the course (see the message they sent out today). Sorry for not being more specific.

Velours
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:58 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Velours » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:52 pm

VicariouslySuperior wrote:How's everyone doing on their course progress? I am at 29%.


I'm at 31.4% I think we should be around 40-42% for Texas at least. I haven't finished evidence or started MPT yet.
Last edited by Velours on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zot1
Posts: 2991
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby zot1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Mad Hatter wrote:
zot1 wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:Are we really expected to be at 40%? Whoops.


I think it's 50%. This stresses me out because sometimes I get above 60%, but more often, I'm around 58% :/

No, I meant in terms of completing the course (see the message they sent out today). Sorry for not being more specific.


Oh my bad! I think that varies by jurisdiction. Mine is only supposed to be at 30%.

zot1
Posts: 2991
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 am

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby zot1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Nelson wrote:
zot1 wrote:This evidence guy . . .

He gets worse as it goes. He starts off manic and becomes deranged.


You were not kidding. Does he not get that the 20 minute thing does not mean try to fit every possible thing in 20 mins? Lol.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7960
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:29 pm

I'm only at 32.7% :(

I haven't received any messages about where I "should" be, but I'm like 4-5 days behind the directed study schedule at this point, ugh.

HND
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:37 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby HND » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Do you all know what percentage we should be at if we are in California?

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7960
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:32 pm

HND wrote:Do you all know what percentage we should be at if we are in California?

Nope, I'm in CA too.

eloise16
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby eloise16 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:35 pm

I'm at 35.1%, but pretty sure I'm supposed to be at 40% for MD.

gr8scOtt!
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby gr8scOtt! » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:43 pm

eloise16 wrote:I'm at 35.1%, but pretty sure I'm supposed to be at 40% for MD.

I'm at 39.7% right now, but there is a LOT of stuff scheduled for this week in MD. Thursday alone is Read MPT Outline, View MPT Workshop, Do Practice MPT, Crim Law & Proc. MBE PQ sets 1 AND 2. I'm just like :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
MrMustache
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby MrMustache » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:00 pm

VicariouslySuperior wrote:How's everyone doing on their course progress? I am at 29%.


33%

The sad part is that I'm looking forward to studying on July 4th.

User avatar
kjartan
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:49 am

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kjartan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:01 pm

Pleasye wrote:I'm only at 32.7% :(

I haven't received any messages about where I "should" be, but I'm like 4-5 days behind the directed study schedule at this point, ugh.

Same. It's frustrating that Themis's directed study will remind me that I'm behind by assigning me graded essay before practice essays.

collegewriter
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby collegewriter » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:17 pm

When it says "Review" how long are people reviewing for?

always_raining
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby always_raining » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:16 pm

collegewriter wrote:When it says "Review" how long are people reviewing for?



Depends how terrible I am at the subject. With harder subject (for me), I will review the entire long outline (but not multiple times in one day), which can take 1-1.5 hours. Other subjects I review for about 30 minutes if I feel more confident.

Underoath
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Underoath » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:05 pm

This professor for CA remedies though...keeps stumbling over so many words.

Anyway...just decided to complain about something. Carry on.

User avatar
kjartan
Posts: 1367
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:49 am

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby kjartan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm so sick of reading 2500 word model answers full of extraneous bullshit.

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7960
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:30 pm

kjartan wrote:I'm so sick of reading 2500 word model answers full of extraneous bullshit.

Seriously wtf. And then my essay grader is like DON'T WASTE TIME ON NON-ISSUES. How do I tell the difference between a non-issue that I shouldn't waste time on and one that I should write about??

User avatar
Raiden
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Raiden » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:44 pm

This CA performance test is taking way too much of my time...

Underoath
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Underoath » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:36 am

Raiden wrote:This CA performance test is taking way too much of my time...


Thanks just what I needed to hear....as I start that tomorrow haha

User avatar
MarcZero
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby MarcZero » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:44 am

The only thing worse than doing a 3-hour CA practice PT is doing the full 3 hours and getting nowhere close to being done. I realized that I can't outline as much as I usually like to on my personal memos. If you're a perfectionist, you'll have to learn to give up a lot to cram everything in there in time.

Also, watch out for the red herrings. There can be a lot of them and getting trapped by even one of them can screw up your ability to finish in time. (My 2 cents).

elgillis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby elgillis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:53 am

gr8scOtt! wrote:
eloise16 wrote:I'm at 35.1%, but pretty sure I'm supposed to be at 40% for MD.

I'm at 39.7% right now, but there is a LOT of stuff scheduled for this week in MD. Thursday alone is Read MPT Outline, View MPT Workshop, Do Practice MPT, Crim Law & Proc. MBE PQ sets 1 AND 2. I'm just like :lol: :lol: :lol:


Damn...now I feel lazy as I'm only at 33.9% for MD. Are both of you located in MD? A friend (Themis rep) in Boston mentioned me finding people to review/talk with to find different ways of remembering things. He recommended this site after his colleague told him about it.

eloise16
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby eloise16 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:12 am

elgillis wrote:
gr8scOtt! wrote:
eloise16 wrote:I'm at 35.1%, but pretty sure I'm supposed to be at 40% for MD.

I'm at 39.7% right now, but there is a LOT of stuff scheduled for this week in MD. Thursday alone is Read MPT Outline, View MPT Workshop, Do Practice MPT, Crim Law & Proc. MBE PQ sets 1 AND 2. I'm just like :lol: :lol: :lol:


Damn...now I feel lazy as I'm only at 33.9% for MD. Are both of you located in MD? A friend (Themis rep) in Boston mentioned me finding people to review/talk with to find different ways of remembering things. He recommended this site after his colleague told him about it.


Don't feel lazy! I'm finding that MD is moving at a really fast pace. It's hard to catch up because now there are so many assignments that I struggle to even finish the daily work. Today Themis set my goal daily pace at 1.8%.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

elgillis
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby elgillis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 am

eloise16 wrote:
elgillis wrote:
gr8scOtt! wrote:
eloise16 wrote:I'm at 35.1%, but pretty sure I'm supposed to be at 40% for MD.

I'm at 39.7% right now, but there is a LOT of stuff scheduled for this week in MD. Thursday alone is Read MPT Outline, View MPT Workshop, Do Practice MPT, Crim Law & Proc. MBE PQ sets 1 AND 2. I'm just like :lol: :lol: :lol:


Damn...now I feel lazy as I'm only at 33.9% for MD. Are both of you located in MD? A friend (Themis rep) in Boston mentioned me finding people to review/talk with to find different ways of remembering things. He recommended this site after his colleague told him about it.


Don't feel lazy! I'm finding that MD is moving at a really fast pace. It's hard to catch up because now there are so many assignments that I struggle to even finish the daily work. Today Themis set my goal daily pace at 1.8%.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


I'm at 1.6% today. :( I don't even read the outlines anymore unless it's part of reviewing the MC practice questions.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jaysgirl42671 and 4 guests