Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Confused7

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby Confused7 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Fuck I wanna find solace on TLS after taking the bar but everyone discussing the freaking questions and answers in the NY support thread is making me want to cry.

adevine39

Postby adevine39 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Confused7 wrote:Fuck I wanna find solace on TLS after taking the bar but everyone discussing the freaking questions and answers in the NY support thread is making me want to cry.

Samesies. The questions and answers discussion is so freaking neurotic, but we're all a bunch of crazy type A law types so I kind of expected some of this.

I'd much rather talk about how glad I was that I got there so early. The lines to actually get seated at Javits were STUPID long, and I had to stand in front of some douche going on loudly about how he was taking both NY and NJ, but hadn't studied yet for NJ because it was a piece of cake. Then later I heard him admit to failing both the NY and NJ exams last year.

Tomorrow I'm going to get there at the same time, and hopefully won't have to stand in line too long, and not in front of a couple of douches. Anyone else make friends with those sitting around you? I offered up my excess sour patch kids, and that seemed to break the ice. Everyone seemed pretty cool considering we're all in a low-grade panic. I don't even mind the chick next to me with the serious body odor issue.

amorsebu14

Postby amorsebu14 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:55 pm

What was the paper thing you guys had to do in New York? Commercial papers? Did you get asked about that today?

Been thinking about you New Yorkers over there, as well as the rest of y'all.

MrMustache

Postby MrMustache » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:11 am

Ugh, that property essay... I hope I got a 55. Completely missed the alienation issue since it was never mentioned in the final themis outline :( and my whole analysis went down the "Greenacre automatically reverted back to O" shithole.

And that PT? Fuck that PT..."Read the library first" my ass.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:20 am

MrMustache wrote:Ugh, that property essay... I hope I got a 55. And that PT? Fuck that PT..."Read the library first" my ass.

Ya, I messed that property up BADDDDDDD....like to the point I need to get off the forum now haha, but I did ok on everything else so I think I;m still ok.

Raiden

Postby Raiden » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:11 am

adevine39 wrote:
Confused7 wrote:Fuck I wanna find solace on TLS after taking the bar but everyone discussing the freaking questions and answers in the NY support thread is making me want to cry.

Samesies. The questions and answers discussion is so freaking neurotic, but we're all a bunch of crazy type A law types so I kind of expected some of this.

I'd much rather talk about how glad I was that I got there so early. The lines to actually get seated at Javits were STUPID long, and I had to stand in front of some douche going on loudly about how he was taking both NY and NJ, but hadn't studied yet for NJ because it was a piece of cake. Then later I heard him admit to failing both the NY and NJ exams last year.

Tomorrow I'm going to get there at the same time, and hopefully won't have to stand in line too long, and not in front of a couple of douches. Anyone else make friends with those sitting around you? I offered up my excess sour patch kids, and that seemed to break the ice. Everyone seemed pretty cool considering we're all in a low-grade panic. I don't even mind the chick next to me with the serious body odor issue.

I was surprised by how well organized our test center was in Pasadena, CA. Made some friends with the people around me, but luckily a lot of my friends from 1L all seem to be here. It's oddly kind of fun to be experiencing the pain all together.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:15 am

MrMustache wrote:Ugh, that property essay... I hope I got a 55. Completely missed the alienation issue since it was never mentioned in the final themis outline :( and my whole analysis went down the "Greenacre automatically reverted back to O" shithole.

And that PT? Fuck that PT..."Read the library first" my ass.

I did exactly what you did for reverting back to O...haha SAD. Thanks Themis.

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:23 am

adevine39 wrote:I'd much rather talk about how glad I was that I got there so early. The lines to actually get seated at Javits were STUPID long, and I had to stand in front of some douche going on loudly about how he was taking both NY and NJ, but hadn't studied yet for NJ because it was a piece of cake. Then later I heard him admit to failing both the NY and NJ exams last year.

Thankfully I managed to get out before the 15 minute mark (thanks TLS!), but my section was locked in in for like an hour during lunch. There was no reason for me to bolt away because there was no one around to talk about the morning essays. They wouldn't let them go and at one point told them to go all sit back down (around 12:30ish). In the morning I stood in line in front of girls talking about the "nudies" on their camera phones, so I guess I could've been standing next to someone worse.

One day left!

And yes, NY apparently decided to wallop everyone on it's last night out before switching to the UBE.

oleosmirf

Postby oleosmirf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:29 am

Amazing. I turn the page on NY bar exam to the last essay thinking I'm going to kill this criminal law question after a fairly easy torts case and low and behold, fucking admin law.

This guy saw that Admin law had never been tested ever and figured, why bother review that, when I barely understand the CPLR. I literally couldn't answer the first two questions and wrote two bullshit answers turning it into a con law question.

No criminal law or procedure on the entire exam except a joke of a trespass question. Absolutely pissed.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:13 pm

I did not feel happy walking out of the morning MBE session. Not at all.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Holy shit

somuchbooty

Postby somuchbooty » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:41 pm

Questions were harder (terribly worded) than I thought they'd be. Oh well. Putting it out of mind for a few months.

Nanosoft

Postby Nanosoft » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:11 pm

MBE was....strange.

Felt like the questions were all completely different than what I had been encountering in Themis.

Knew the rules, but ugh. Way too much uncertainty on way too many questions.

Something in particular...Civ Pro...I spent far too much time worrying about days. I think there may have been one question about a deadline, if that.

Well, here's to some luck I guess.... :lol:

ghandidr

Postby ghandidr » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:20 pm

I thought the first section of the MBEs were so hard! the second half not so bad.. gosh...at least we're doneeeee!!! here in NY at least! haha

despina

Postby despina » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:28 pm

Shameless plug because I don't want the sample to be biased toward my Kaplan compatriots -- poll for MBE difficulty vs expectations: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=251990

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:11 pm

:shock:

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:39 pm

despina wrote:Shameless plug because I don't want the sample to be biased toward my Kaplan compatriots -- poll for MBE difficulty vs expectations: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=251990

Ok that poll is making me feel a lot better

shinsaki

Postby shinsaki » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:52 pm

That last line tho: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnest_payment
This was the first thing I looked up and basically now I don't want to even pretend to care about the rest of that MBE.

Nanosoft

Postby Nanosoft » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:14 pm

shinsaki wrote:That last line tho: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnest_payment
This was the first thing I looked up and basically now I don't want to even pretend to care about the rest of that MBE.

I legit cannot remember ever hearing the term "Earnest Money" before today.... :lol:

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:21 pm

Nanosoft wrote:
shinsaki wrote:That last line tho: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earnest_payment

I legit cannot remember ever hearing the term "Earnest Money" before today.... :lol:

Pretty much. Had never heard the term before. All I could think about was "get me out of here."

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:14 pm

So happy Themis had me do 1000 questions re mortgages. Helpful.

Raiden

Postby Raiden » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 am

Tomorrow may be the last time we take an academic exam ever.

skrubba5025

Postby skrubba5025 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:26 am

From what I understand the questions that are missed by "everyone" are scaled out. If none of us understood Earnest Money, won't that mean it won't really matter?

smalogna

Postby smalogna » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:08 am

To all my marathon 3 dayers, one more day! Finish strong and be ready to take the real bar exam at 530pm at the nearest location to your testing site.

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:29 am

Hey guys, kinda avoided TLS for the most part over the past two days (and then other things* to do last night), BUT:

REALLY want to thank y'all for the collaboration leading up to the exam. I would've been killed by the last NY essay had we not been discussing the possibility of Admin coming up since it was the last chance the NY Bar Examiners had to test it, and they hadn't tested it in February. I had originally been of the opinion "yeah they might do it," but didn't realize they hadn't in February until I read it on here. I decided to briefly review my Admin outline before leaving my apt for Javits, and I am SO glad I did. Seriously. TLS saved my ass on that one.

I felt pretty good coming out of Tuesday (thought the MPT was the hardest one I'd done, obviously the 3/4 Admin essay was like "OMG I can't believe they did this," and there were some randoms like the "immunity" question in the tort fact pattern). MBE was "eh, fine" after the AM session and "eh, fine, but the beginning seemed a little tough" after the PM session. I could've also missed every single one, so who knows. NYMC = LOL wut is this?

I think themis did an adequate job prepping me, but I definitely credit TLS for invaluable collaboration.

Love you all!

Good luck to all the 3-dayers! You're likely already going (unless you're in CA), and drink copious amounts of your preferred choice of alcohol once you get out!

* drinking
Last edited by sd5289 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”