Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

smalogna

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby smalogna » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:12 pm

Sorry but this may be icky so fair warning if you continue reading on...

I finally have that "general comfort" that people talked about leading up to the exam. Do I know everything? GOD NO but I feel like I know enough to get a solid D+ only thing that will beat me at this point would be an essay dedicated solely to NY evidence and another dedicated solely to secured transactions in the same exam. *knocks on 1,000 pieces of wood* Let's do this!!!

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 pm

smalogna wrote:Sorry but this may be icky so fair warning if you continue reading on...

I finally have that "general comfort" that people talked about leading up to the exam. Do I know everything? GOD NO but I feel like I know enough to get a solid D+ only thing that will beat me at this point would be an essay dedicated solely to NY evidence and another dedicated solely to secured transactions in the same exam. *knocks on 1,000 pieces of wood* Let's do this!!!

I'm glad you feel this way! For me, it's unclear whether my ambivalence is due to well-preparedness or just plain I don't give a fuck any more and am too tired to study now.

smalogna

Postby smalogna » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Confused7 wrote:
smalogna wrote:Sorry but this may be icky so fair warning if you continue reading on...

I'm glad you feel this way! For me, it's unclear whether my ambivalence is due to well-preparedness or just plain I don't give a fuck any more and am too tired to study now.

^ this too.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:29 pm

Confused7 wrote:

I have been crying literally all day...then I got sleepy...now I'm not sleepy so I'm trying to do some more work by reviewing my outlines...fuck themis MBE...suck a confidence sucker

greenmachine900

Postby greenmachine900 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:35 pm

Underoath wrote:
Confused7 wrote:

I have been crying literally all day...then I got sleepy...now I'm not sleepy so I'm trying to do some more work by reviewing my outlines...fuck themis MBE...suck a confidence sucker

nooo! reciprocal confidence help! one of my friends told me not to focus on the score of the practice mbe because the real point of them is to make you learn, so you just have to view questions wrong as ones that you're learning to get right next time. i know it's late in the game, but at least one of those that sucked to get wrong you know you'll never get wrong again. as soon as my pep talk on this board and change in mindset, my scores came right back up, too. you're gonna be okay!

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:43 pm

greenmachine900 wrote:
Underoath wrote:
Confused7 wrote:

nooo! reciprocal confidence help! one of my friends told me not to focus on the score of the practice mbe because the real point of them is to make you learn, so you just have to view questions wrong as ones that you're learning to get right next time. i know it's late in the game, but at least one of those that sucked to get wrong you know you'll never get wrong again. as soon as my pep talk on this board and change in mindset, my scores came right back up, too. you're gonna be okay!

thank you...I appreciate it

what is everyone doing tomorrow? I can't bring myself to do NOTHING...I'll panic.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:09 pm

^ I was planning to do nothing but I might have to do something since I feel like I forgot everything.

I can pass without knowing conflicts of law, right?

adevine39

Postby adevine39 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Underoath wrote:
what is everyone doing tomorrow? I can't bring myself to do NOTHING...I'll panic.

I am doing one 50 Q MBE set, and then I am going to stare at a blank wall and eat potato chips for roughly 7 hours.

eloise16

Postby eloise16 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 pm

adevine39 wrote:
Underoath wrote:

I am doing one 50 Q MBE set, and then I am going to stare at a blank wall and eat potato chips for roughly 7 hours.

I'm there with you Underoath! I would panic too. So I plan for my day to look like: packing, then studying the last three state specific subjects that I haven't reviewed yet, then road tripping it with my bestie to the exam site city, then laying in my hotel bed and doing a cursory review of everything I'm bad at. Then ordering really indulgent room service and watching a movie.

Now, if I can actually do all of that... is an entirely different question.

IamIn

Postby IamIn » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Tomorrow I will be driving for like 4 hours. Not sure if I will have energy to do anything else, although I really need to.. I have a felling I don't remember state specific subjects at all, so I might go over a few outlines..

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:23 pm

eloise16 wrote:
adevine39 wrote:
Underoath wrote:

I'm there with you Underoath! I would panic too. So I plan for my day to look like: packing, then studying the last three state specific subjects that I haven't reviewed yet, then road tripping it with my bestie to the exam site city, then laying in my hotel bed and doing a cursory review of everything I'm bad at. Then ordering really indulgent room service and watching a movie.

what's sad is I don't even have any money to order room service lol

adevine39

Postby adevine39 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Underoath wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
adevine39 wrote:
Underoath wrote:

what's sad is I don't even have any money to order room service lol

If any TLS peeps are in Brooklyn I'll share my potato chips.

amorsebu14

Postby amorsebu14 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:27 pm

Confused7 wrote:

^^^ Ditto.

somuchbooty

Postby somuchbooty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:30 pm

Really though, are the questions going to be more like milestone exam questions or mixed MBE questions? I'm trying to figure out how I can get like 65% on the milestone exams when I'm getting 85% on the mixed MBE's. Maybe doing problems on paper makes me 20% dumber.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:21 am

Just got a 83% on Mixed MBE 16...that's gotta be a fluke. I am usually around the 60% range

Pickled

Postby Pickled » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:29 am

Nothing left to do on Themis. Might as well just go take this fucker.

PepsiMinimum

Postby PepsiMinimum » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:42 am

Finally got to 100% tonight - although I cheated by just reading/outlining/reviewing the final 15 essays. I keep trying to reassure myself with statistics, but I don't think there's any way to feel completely confident about this exam. I'm pretty sure when this is over it'll be one of the greatest feeling of our lives, though.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:22 am

Love you guys! No one understands this...and yes "law students love to complain" is what I've heard before, but you know what?! YOU WOULD TOO IF YOU WERE IN OUR SHOES!!

I'm glad to have this outlet to vent and have others share in the frustration, happiness, joy, sadness, and every other emotion this ride has been. Good luck everyone....

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:56 am

Lol, and here I was perfectly happy with hitting 87% yesterday and saying "I'm done with this." 8)

zor

Postby zor » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:00 am

sd5289 wrote:Lol, and here I was perfectly happy with hitting 87% yesterday and saying "I'm done with this." 8)

I'm also at 87%. I did all the essays (sorta) but only got through MBE mixed set 8 or something, so it wants me to do 700 MBE questions today. Hahahaha. If I could click "Review Secured Transactions" or whatever I'm sure my percentage would be much higher but as we all know it doesn't let you do that.

Doing a set or two of MBE, reviewing topics, and then calling it a day. 87% FTW!

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 am

Yeah I'm going to do .5% today so I can hit 90% complete and call it good. Just going to review Secured Transactions, Domestic Relations, and PR. Then I'm ready for this thing.

zor

Postby zor » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:02 am

Does anyone know if we have access to Themis after today? I was hoping to do a single MBE set tomorrow after the exam but realized taht all the assignments are scheduled for today so I wasn't sure if it'd let me...

eloise16

Postby eloise16 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:08 am

zor wrote:Does anyone know if we have access to Themis after today? I was hoping to do a single MBE set tomorrow after the exam but realized taht all the assignments are scheduled for today so I wasn't sure if it'd let me...

In our book that has our milestone exams in it -- at the very end there are 100 "extra" questions that aren't on the Themis portal. If you haven't done those already, you could use those!

zot1

Postby zot1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:09 am

I've been able to keep my cool so far. But today, the nerves are intense.

habz

Postby habz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:26 am

Just wanna say its been a real pleasure and a great comfort having the themis community for the past two months and I hope everyone does great on their respective exams.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”