Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

sd5289

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:19 pm

kateebee wrote:Also, I don't know if it's because I've done so many freaking MBEs that they are running out of good questions, but I look at these questions right now, and they are all completely awful. I feel like I know a pretty good amount of stuff right now, and I am bombing these sets because the questions are just freaking ridiculously worded and the answers make no sense. Is it possible that I'm getting all the crappy bottom-of-the-barrel questions now or am I losing my mind?

The later questions (and I'm at just over 1200 not including the simulated MBE or the milestones) seem to be skewed toward the more obscure rules as compared to the earlier questions. Some questions have had rule I've never even heard of, but only chose them because I knew the other three answers were definitely wrong based on separate rules in each of them.

refinedwarrior

Postby refinedwarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:20 pm

kateebee wrote:
hadisious wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:
Mine is at 5.3. What bothers me most is that in the middle of all of the assignments for today is a bunch (like 3 or 4) of "review this and that subject" WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE but cannot check off because I have't done the assignments before that. :evil:

Haha I thought this all summer long. How many % points am I losing each day because I can't check off those damn review things I don't get to.

YES. THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I would be well over 75% if I could check off review tests without doing the Simulated MPT and 100 tasks that are a waste of my time right now.

Also, I don't know if it's because I've done so many freaking MBEs that they are running out of good questions, but I look at these questions right now, and they are all completely awful. I feel like I know a pretty good amount of stuff right now, and I am bombing these sets because the questions are just freaking ridiculously worded and the answers make no sense. Is it possible that I'm getting all the crappy bottom-of-the-barrel questions now or am I losing my mind?

Feel the same on that too! Sick of them and need new questions.

refinedwarrior

Postby refinedwarrior » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:23 pm

Pickled wrote:I have been hearing people are getting a bunch of repeat questions in the later mixed sets. I just did set 15 and everything was new and totally out there. Totally got crushed.

Got crushed with Set 15 too. Asked to have it reset and they said only if it's a tech issue. Don't see why it is such a big deal.

kgus22

Postby kgus22 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:26 pm

sd5289 wrote:Question for you NY folks who are good at Wills/Trusts (I'm decent with Wills, at least enough to get through an essay, but Trusts not so much...):

I'm reviewing the Trusts FRO, and I know that NY doesn't recognize incorporation by reference in wills except with pour over trusts. I understand pour over trusts to be a provision in the will that distributes part of the estate into a trust, and must be executed either before or with the will. Other than that, my understanding is there is NO other document or trust that can be incorporated by reference into the will.

So the Themis FRO says testamentary trusts "occur when terms of trust are contained in writing in a will or document incorporated by reference into a will. Hmmm? HALP.

I would take the outlines with a grain of salt. some of them seem to be generic and then they try to add in the NY differences.

also, if you look in the lecture notes, there is an editors note re: testamentary trusts. i don't remember what it says exactly, but i think it was along the lines that if a trust is created by will, must have wills act formalities. No incorporation by reference except pour over trusts. i would edit the FRO.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:44 pm

kateebee wrote:
hadisious wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:
Mine is at 5.3. What bothers me most is that in the middle of all of the assignments for today is a bunch (like 3 or 4) of "review this and that subject" WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE but cannot check off because I have't done the assignments before that. :evil:

Haha I thought this all summer long. How many % points am I losing each day because I can't check off those damn review things I don't get to.

YES. THIS!!!!!!!!!!! I would be well over 75% if I could check off review tests without doing the Simulated MPT and 100 tasks that are a waste of my time right now.

Also, I don't know if it's because I've done so many freaking MBEs that they are running out of good questions, but I look at these questions right now, and they are all completely awful. I feel like I know a pretty good amount of stuff right now, and I am bombing these sets because the questions are just freaking ridiculously worded and the answers make no sense. Is it possible that I'm getting all the crappy bottom-of-the-barrel questions now or am I losing my mind?

I KNEW IT WASN'T JUST ME!!!! I am bombing MBE and I'm like okkkk...the way it is worded or the answer choices and really unclear. There's no way the real exam will be worded like Themis is doing them...it's bullshit and glad it isn't just me.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Underoath wrote:
kateebee wrote:
hadisious wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:

I KNEW IT WASN'T JUST ME!!!! I am bombing MBE and I'm like okkkk...the way it is worded or the answer choices are really unclear. There's no way the real exam will be worded like Themis is doing them...it's bullshit and glad it isn't just me.

kateebee

Postby kateebee » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Underoath wrote:
kateebee wrote:
hadisious wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:

I KNEW IT WASN'T JUST ME!!!! I am bombing MBE and I'm like okkkk...the way it is worded or the answer choices and really unclear. There's no way the real exam will be worded like Themis is doing them...it's bullshit and glad it isn't just me.

I think this may mean it's just time for me to stop avoiding essay practice by doing incessant MBEs.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:00 pm

kateebee wrote:
Underoath wrote:
kateebee wrote:
hadisious wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:

I think this may mean it's just time for me to stop avoiding essay practice by doing incessant MBEs.

LOL HAHAHAHA I fuckin love this....because I have avoided essays this entire time as well.....what mixed set are you on? I'm barely on 12

zot1

Postby zot1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:02 pm

For the most part after set 10, most of the questions I'm getting wrong are the modified Themis questions, so that makes me feel better.

Anyway, I've been struggling again with exhaustion and staying motivated. I decided to try music today and that has been working so far. I usually listen to classical, but I'm just listening to random spotify songs right now just to keep me up and going.

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:03 pm

kateebee wrote:
Underoath wrote:
kateebee wrote:
hadisious wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:

are you going to write them out or just outline?

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:04 pm

zot1 wrote:For the most part after set 10, most of the questions I'm getting wrong are the modified Themis questions, so that makes me feel better.

Anyway, I've been struggling again with exhaustion and staying motivated. I decided to try music today and that has been working so far. I usually listen to classical, but I'm just listening to random spotify songs right now just to keep me up and going.

Classical is good. I can't listen to my standard music choices because the lyrics will distract me.

Lawbro

Postby Lawbro » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:20 pm

kateebee wrote:
hadisious wrote:
eloise16 wrote:
sd5289 wrote:
anon sequitur wrote:

You're not alone. Lots of these questions are beyond stupid these days

Lawbro

Postby Lawbro » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Underoath wrote:
zot1 wrote:For the most part after set 10, most of the questions I'm getting wrong are the modified Themis questions, so that makes me feel better.

Classical is good. I can't listen to my standard music choices because the lyrics will distract me.

I have never in my life liked rap. The past few days I've been listening to eminem and d12 practically nonstop. The bar exam changes people

zot1

Postby zot1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Lawbro wrote:
Underoath wrote:

I have never in my life liked rap. The past few days I've been listening to eminem and d12 practically nonstop. The bar exam changes people

LOL OMG I'm listening to the new music playlist because I wouldn't know any of the lyrics so it wouldn't distract me. However, there have been some songs that I generally wouldn't like, rap included, that I'm like, "hey, this is a nice song." I'm definitely not myself these days either.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:44 pm

It's almost 2pm and I haven't gotten the energy to study for the bar yet. :( Am I fucked? I just can't muster up the motivation. I AM SO TIRED OF THIS ISH.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Confused7 wrote:It's almost 2pm and I haven't gotten the energy to study for the bar yet. :( Am I fucked? I just can't muster up the motivation. I AM SO TIRED OF THIS ISH.

I don't think so. I think we're all tired at this point. I didn't do much yesterday because I was so tired. I am however seeking to do more than I did yesterday and resorting to "extreme" measures (see previous posts).

Hang in there, bro. We are so damn close and then we can call it a day.

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:53 pm

zot1 wrote:LOL OMG I'm listening to the new music playlist because I wouldn't know any of the lyrics so it wouldn't distract me. However, there have been some songs that I generally wouldn't like, rap included, that I'm like, "hey, this is a nice song." I'm definitely not myself these days either.

I've been listening to movie soundtracks sans lyrics like The Dark Knight and Resident Evil.

I have no idea...

How do people become human after this experience? Here I am pacing back and forth in my living room alone doing flash cards out loud with my cat looking at me like "WUT are you doing?"

amorsebu14

Postby amorsebu14 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:08 pm

I'm not rocking these practice tests. I'm not even at goal, on Themis. But when I do practice tests on Kaplan's PMBR (which always makes me think of PBR), I do great.

Just shrugging my shoulders at this. I'm over the angst. Feeling calm, which is weird. This will all be done with in 5 days and 5 hours.

As Winnie the Pooh says, "You're smarter than you think."

We've got this.

Ahyis

Postby Ahyis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:12 pm

I've hit a wall for studying - really hard to make myself review/memorize any more. I can't stand looking at my outlines anymore. I've just been outlining old essay exams from the last few years in the hopes that it reviews MBE and NY specific stuff in one fell swoop.

jadasistgoodja

Postby jadasistgoodja » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi guys,

What kind of % are you hitting on the mixed MBE sets at this stage?

(I don't mean to be icky, I find it super helpful to know what % other people are getting)

I weirdly keep hitting exactly 70% .. like I can't score any higher or lower. It's like Themis has programmed me to hit the goal, and only the goal, nothing more, nothing less.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of super consistency or is your % deviating more?

Thanks!

I can't study anymore either.
Last edited by jadasistgoodja on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ahyis

Postby Ahyis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:03 pm

Test day question for NY:

It doesn't SAY anywhere that our allowable bottle of beverage has to be water, right? Just that the bottle has to be clear? It could be OJ, or redbull, or whatever?

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:13 pm

jadasistgoodja wrote:Hi guys,

(I don't mean to be icky, I find it super helpful to know what % other people are getting)

I weirdly keep hitting exactly 70% .. like I can't score any higher or lower. It's like Themis has programmed me to hit the goal, and only the goal, nothing more, nothing less.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of super consistency or is your % deviating more?

Thanks!

Yes. I've pretty much been hitting the exact same % over the past 3-4 sets. (note: there were requests a while back in this thread to not post your scores because everyone's at different stages, FYI)

And I also can't study anymore. I just want to take it like yesterday.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:22 pm

sd5289 wrote:
jadasistgoodja wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks!

Yes. I've pretty much been hitting the exact same % over the past 3-4 sets. (note: there were requests a while back in this thread to not post your scores because everyone's at different stages, FYI)

And I also can't study anymore. I just want to take it like yesterday.

What did you do yesterday?

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:24 pm

zot1 wrote:
Confused7 wrote:It's almost 2pm and I haven't gotten the energy to study for the bar yet. :( Am I fucked? I just can't muster up the motivation. I AM SO TIRED OF THIS ISH.

I don't think so. I think we're all tired at this point. I didn't do much yesterday because I was so tired. I am however seeking to do more than I did yesterday and resorting to "extreme" measures (see previous posts).

Hang in there, bro. We are so damn close and then we can call it a day.

Thanks man, that's what I needed to hear. It is just so grueling.

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:36 pm

zot1 wrote:What did you do yesterday?

Oh sorry, was trying to emphasize how ready I am for this to be over with. Not that I simulated an entire bar exam yesterday. I think yesterday I reviewed some stuff, did a short MBE set, and...yep, that was it. Better do an essay or two today.

I'm so tired I'm barely capable of stringing words together to form a coherent sentence.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”