Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

lost in translation

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby lost in translation » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:07 am

annapach wrote:anybody know where we can get free MBE questions? I want to try something other than Themis, just to round things out.

Hi

the link someone kindly provided below didn't work for me, so I am not sure whether these are the same or not.

http://www.ncbex.org/exams/mbe/preparing/

There are 10 sample civ pro questions without explanations

zot1

Postby zot1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:21 am

Three days off and counting. I'll still pass, right?

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:09 am

zot1 wrote:Three days off and counting. I'll still pass, right?

I had to take 4 days off last week due to moving and no Internet. :(

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:10 am

Probs. The main reason I hate skipping days is because when I come back my new "suggested pace" stresses me out.

annapach

Postby annapach » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:35 am

Tripl3Espresso wrote:
annapach wrote:anybody know where we can get free MBE questions? I want to try something other than Themis, just to round things out.

Here are some sample ones from the NCBE: https://www.ncbex.org/pdfviewer/?file=% ... ument%2F17. They have answers but no explanations. I also managed to find this site after a quick google search (don't know about the reliability though) http://barprephero.com/

Thanks for responding- yeah I was wondering about that barprephero site....anyone have any info on that? I'm not quite sure what to think of it.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 am

Confused7 wrote:

I had to take 4 days off last week due to moving and no Internet. :(

Same here! I don't have internet until tomorrow. Actually, I just realized that I'm so sleep deprived that the actual count is five days and counting.

I wanted to get up today and go to the library at least, but I'm so exhausted, I don't want to move if I don't have to.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 am

yngblkgifted wrote:

Probs. The main reason I hate skipping days is because when I come back my new "suggested pace" stresses me out.

Oh God, I hadn't thought of this. Wouldn't be surprised if my pace is like 3x plus now.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:07 am

zot1 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:

Oh God, I hadn't thought of this. Wouldn't be surprised if my pace is like 3x plus now.

Don't worry, you'll get back on it in no time. I actually feel that I have more energy after taking a few days off (though involuntarily) and actually getting enough sleep after all the exhaustion. Though my MBE scores still suck, ugh.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:44 am

Why does the Themis Course Schedule tell me to do 1-4 chapters of NY Agency, but the website says there are 6 chapters in total? Am I missing something on the schedule?

misterjames

Postby misterjames » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:00 pm

zot1 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:

I've been 4 days behind since the day I started. last week themis tried bumping me up to 1.9% for like three days and now it's been back down to 1.5%. i think they gave up on me lol

Postby 2014 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Just look on the bright side, y'all could be at quarter system schools and be at 2.6-2.8% a day...

eloise16

Postby eloise16 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 pm

misterjames wrote:
zot1 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:

I've been 4 days behind since the day I started. last week themis tried bumping me up to 1.9% for like three days and now it's been back down to 1.5%. i think they gave up on me lol

I'm 4 days behind, too. Only took one day off. The rest is just not being able to keep up! Yesterday Themis had me at 2%... nope.

somuchbooty

Postby somuchbooty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:27 pm

2014 wrote:Just look on the bright side, y'all could be at quarter system schools and be at 2.6-2.8% a day...

my suggested pace is 2.6% per day but that was due to my own laziness, not the quarter system.

I wonder what laxbro's pace is

misterjames

Postby misterjames » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:46 pm

is anyone else planning on skipping the simulated MBE explanation videos? i mean unless i do absolutely horrific, i think two days worth of time can be better utilized elsewhere...

Tripl3Espresso

Postby Tripl3Espresso » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:51 pm

misterjames wrote:is anyone else planning on skipping the simulated MBE explanation videos? i mean unless i do absolutely horrific, i think two days worth of time can be better utilized elsewhere...

Yes, I plan on skipping them. Ain't nobody got time for that.

milesdavisjd

Postby milesdavisjd » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:40 pm

The IL Civ Pro lecturer is REALLY stretching with her mnemonic devices... "Howie Mandel Prohibits Taxes" is how we are supposed to remember when the IL Supreme Court has original mandatory jurisdiction? It gets worse as she goes on, but reading the Civ Pro outline is nearly impossible since it's so unnecessarily huge. It would have been a lot better if Themis provided an actual outline with IL law only instead of included distinctions in the already huge outline.

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Tripl3Espresso wrote:
misterjames wrote:is anyone else planning on skipping the simulated MBE explanation videos? i mean unless i do absolutely horrific, i think two days worth of time can be better utilized elsewhere...

I was thinking of doing this but Themis' message says a lot of students have told them this was very helpful. Not sure how helpful it can be...

habz

Postby habz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Confused7 wrote:
Tripl3Espresso wrote:

I was thinking of doing this but Themis' message says a lot of students have told them this was very helpful. Not sure how helpful it can be...

When I spoke to people that recently took the bar they all said it was really helpful. A lot of mistakes you make are easily correctable with a few tips. Now if the tips are like the MBE workshop tips then they'll probably be relatively worthless...

Confused7

Postby Confused7 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 pm

habz wrote:
Confused7 wrote:
Tripl3Espresso wrote:

When I spoke to people that recently took the bar they all said it was really helpful. A lot of mistakes you make are easily correctable with a few tips. Now if the tips are like the MBE workshop tips then they'll probably be relatively worthless...

Hmm that's good to know, thanks! Though why didn't they give us those tips in the first place instead of waiting to crush our spirit on something that's simulated to be like the real test? :x

habz

Postby habz » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Confused7 wrote:
habz wrote:
Confused7 wrote:
Tripl3Espresso wrote:

Hmm that's good to know, thanks! Though why didn't they give us those tips in the first place instead of waiting to crush our spirit on something that's simulated to be like the real test? :x

Fair question but I think these types of tips are less general and not particular to any subject, i would guess they're more in the vein of how to eliminate wrong answers and common ways they try to trip you up

chipperjones

Postby chipperjones » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Had some good vibes today on my MBE PQs (although still need to shave a minute or two off). Planning to take Milestone 2 tomorrow. Just about to 50% on Progress Bar - four weeks out.

Torts MBE PQ #4 - 85%
Evidence MBE PQ#4 - 85%
4 Practice Essays

Is it slacking if I call it a day? Lol.

Need to start the mixed MBEs. Seems like those will be harder...

MrBriggs360

Postby MrBriggs360 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:29 pm

chipperjones wrote:Had some good vibes today on my MBE PQs (although still need to shave a minute or two off). Planning to take Milestone 2 tomorrow. Just about to 50% on Progress Bar - four weeks out.

Torts MBE PQ #4 - 85%
Evidence MBE PQ#4 - 85%
4 Practice Essays

Is it slacking if I call it a day? Lol.

Need to start the mixed MBEs. Seems like those will be harder...

I wouldn't call that slacking, that should be around 1.6%. And nice work, keep it up! I'm about the same spot on the progress bar and seeing some improvement in the MBE sets as well.

somuchbooty

Postby somuchbooty » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:33 pm

It's been like 4 business days since my last graded essay was submitted. 2 business days I thought.

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Man, Themis thinks it's pretty easy to pierce the corporate veil. :lol:

soj

Postby soj » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:37 pm

somuchbooty wrote:It's been like 4 business days since my last graded essay was submitted. 2 business days I thought.

my grader is punctual, but she graded two of mine within two minutes of each other according to my email notifications. comments were sparse and shitty, and the score is inexplicable. you're not missing out on anything.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”