Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

anon sequitur

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby anon sequitur » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:15 pm

2014 wrote:Whoops missed it, VLC works w/o internet/cell access right?

Yep, just need the enough space on your ipad, each segment runs around 50-70mb, so you should be able to load plenty.

milesdavisjd

Postby milesdavisjd » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:20 pm

Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
Pleasye wrote:I like the bigger font, but can we also get a bigger box for essay writing? TYIA Themis.

Your box doesn't expand?

No? I'm not sure what you mean.

Maybe you have a different page because we're in different states. I can drag the box out by pulling on the bottom right corner of my essay box.

Whaaaaaat. I never knew this, I'll try it on my next essay.

Me neither! My essay writing life may have just been changed.

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
Pleasye wrote:I like the bigger font, but can we also get a bigger box for essay writing? TYIA Themis.

Your box doesn't expand?

Maybe you have a different page because we're in different states. I can drag the box out by pulling on the bottom right corner of my essay box.

Don't get too excited. It's a crudely implemented feature.

MrBriggs360

Postby MrBriggs360 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Well, I've trudged through the entire Civ Pro outline for the second time, and 10 of the lectures. Four more lectures, the MBE workshop and then the essay workshop for Crim Law/Pro and I'm gonna call it a day. Should be worth about 1.7% maybe :?

caminante

Postby caminante » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:15 pm

anon sequitur wrote:In Firefox, get VideoDownloadHelper, download the videos to your hard drive. There's probably an analogous program for Chrome, but I don't know it offhand.

Then, get VLC on your iPad. Sync iPad with computer, add the videos to the VLC app through iTunes.

I did this because I was planning on listening to lectures while I was out doing errands, for review or something. Lol, just lol, at my optimism regarding my own diligence.

Do you have a Mac or a PC? I just tried this on my Mac, and the VideoDownloadHelper icon doesn't seem to recognize the videos on the Themis website. It works for me on YouTube, though. Can't figure out what's going wrong...

anon sequitur

Postby anon sequitur » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:27 pm

caminante wrote:
Do you have a Mac or a PC? I just tried this on my Mac, and the VideoDownloadHelper icon doesn't seem to recognize the videos on the Themis website. It works for me on YouTube, though. Can't figure out what's going wrong...

I'm using a Mac with Firefox. If I recall, I had to fiddle with some settings on VDH to get them to download, but I think it was just setting output to .mp4. It definitely worked on my mac with firefox.

somuchbooty

Postby somuchbooty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm

This drama with my state bar has me wondering whether all of this studying is for naught. I've accomplished only 0.4% today because I"m unfocused now. Whoops.

BearLaw

Postby BearLaw » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:37 pm

somuchbooty wrote:This drama with my state bar has me wondering whether all of this studying is for naught. I've accomplished only 0.4% today because I"m unfocused now. Whoops.

This sounds more interesting than reviewing civ pro, whats going on?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:38 pm

Fml at that CA graded con law essay :cry:

somuchbooty

Postby somuchbooty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:39 pm

BearLaw wrote:
somuchbooty wrote:This drama with my state bar has me wondering whether all of this studying is for naught. I've accomplished only 0.4% today because I"m unfocused now. Whoops.

Reported something on my bar application that I apparently didn't on my application to my law school. I suspect they're only making something out of nothing as I've been advised, but they're making a big deal out of it and making it sound like I've gotta appeal something, so it's a bitch.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:47 pm

Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:
Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Your box doesn't expand?

Yep, it's a thing! Just tried it today.

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:48 pm

soj wrote:
soj wrote:hey themis, if you're reading this, since you clearly don't read questions submitted through the message system on the themis website, fuck you and your shitty customer service.

finally got an answer to my pretty basic substantive question, a week after asking. harrumph. not a big deal, i guess, but i hope to see faster responses as we get down the wire. something tells me that's not gonna happen, though.

Yeah, I've given up on that option, and rely on this forum for help [sidenote: thanks y'all! I intend to return the favor whenever I can...Crim Pro is generally my area].

Pleasye wrote:Whaaaaaat. I never knew this, I'll try it on my next essay.

Yeah, me neither. I've been typing in that stupid little box this whole time.

ETA: the NY Practice guy has made a good first impression on me. We'll see how long this lasts...
Last edited by sd5289 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearLaw

Postby BearLaw » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:48 pm

somuchbooty wrote:
BearLaw wrote:

Reported something on my bar application that I apparently didn't on my application to my law school. I suspect they're only making something out of nothing as I've been advised, but they're making a big deal out of it and making it sound like I've gotta appeal something, so it's a bitch.

Ugh, dude that sucks! I doubt it will be a big deal in the end, but I know that isnt much help right now, nor does it keep you from being distracted from studying. I hope its just a cursory thing that you have to appeal and move on.

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:49 pm

Did my first set of mixed MBEs today. I wanted to review the first three subjects before doing the set, but I haven't been feeling well today and did not want to spend time on it. Once again, I got a 70% after spending more time on the questions than I did during the first four weeks of the course. This thing is working so far for me.

On other news, the goal has now been raised to 60% and that brought the pressure to a whole new level :shock:

zot1

Postby zot1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:50 pm

somuchbooty wrote:
BearLaw wrote:

Sorry to hear that dude. I know productivity goes down pretty easy under stress. If you can afford it, take the day off, collect yourself, etc.

BearLaw

Postby BearLaw » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Just checked, have my first set of mixed MBE questions tomorrow. Also saw in the status area that despite doing every subject specific set there are still more than half the MBE questions still to do. That lead to math, and at this point, including the two milestone exams, I have already done more than 1000 MBE questions. :shock:

Now to figure out the TX state essays...

misterjames

Postby misterjames » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:49 pm

zot1 wrote:
somuchbooty wrote:
BearLaw wrote:

Sorry to hear that dude. I know productivity goes down pretty easy under stress. If you can afford it, take the day off, collect yourself, etc.

^this x1000. i found out last tuesday that i didn't get a job that i thought was a done deal. it's a weird/complicated situation, but i've been working with some former supervisors to figure it out. kinda hard to stay focused when i'm checking my email 30+ times a day...

smalogna

Postby smalogna » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:51 pm

The list of NY actions for statute of limitations :shock: 10 years: these 5 types of actions, 7 years: these 10 types of actions, 6 years: these 5 types of actions....and so on. I might just skip that essay on the exam.

a male human

Postby a male human » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Any reason the Themis hangout is a lot bigger than Barbri or Kaplan? Are you guys just more active or did Themis finally overtake the big two?

Underoath

Postby Underoath » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:15 pm

a male human wrote:Any reason the Themis hangout is a lot bigger than Barbri or Kaplan? Are you guys just more active or did Themis finally overtake the big two?

Funny you ask that because I was just thinking about that today. Themis is all computer/online based...we are computer nerds...so we are just posting more I feel. In addition, the Barbri people have their friends to consult with on questions as well...we do too, but it's quicker to jump on here and get a response, not to mention we are all using the same Themis material at least for the MBE...but eh I could be wrong

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 pm

smalogna wrote:The list of NY actions for statute of limitations :shock: 10 years: these 5 types of actions, 7 years: these 10 types of actions, 6 years: these 5 types of actions....and so on. I might just skip that essay on the exam.

Um, yeah...

I have no idea what to even do with all of this.

MrBriggs360

Postby MrBriggs360 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:53 pm

sd5289 wrote:
smalogna wrote:The list of NY actions for statute of limitations :shock: 10 years: these 5 types of actions, 7 years: these 10 types of actions, 6 years: these 5 types of actions....and so on. I might just skip that essay on the exam.

Um, yeah...

I have no idea what to even do with all of this.

I had to memorize all of the statutes of limitations for my New York Practice class. Are you just talking about the standard SoLs for any actions? If so, there is a million of them but if you read it enough times they'll stick.

adevine39

Postby adevine39 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:12 pm

I'm having so much trouble keeping my eyes open during these Practice Lectures. I usually like to keep snacks on hand because they help maintain my focus, but I have already blazed through a bagel, a bag of gummy bears, some leftover pasta, two bottles of seltzer, and most of a bag of Trader Joe's peanut butter filled pretzels. It's a good thing I have to bike to work everyday or I would need all new clothes after this.

kiwi4president

Postby kiwi4president » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:26 am

I just want to say that these civ pro MBE questions are the absolute worst. That is all.

a male human

Postby a male human » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:44 am

kiwi4president wrote:I just want to say that these civ pro MBE questions are the absolute worst. That is all.

Where are you getting the civ pro questions? From Themis?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”