Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

always_raining

Re: Themis Bar Review Hangout - July 2015 Exam

Postby always_raining » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:26 pm

2014 wrote:Anyone know a way to speed the videos to 1.5 or 2x on the iPad? Have a flight coming up and would love to not have to listen at normal speed.

I have not found any way to listen to the videos faster on a phone (I have an iPhone). I know I am able to speed up podcasts on my phone, but I haven't found any links to podcast the videos instead of using the app. I havent looked that hard though.

Tripl3Espresso

Postby Tripl3Espresso » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:31 pm

always_raining wrote:
2014 wrote:Anyone know a way to speed the videos to 1.5 or 2x on the iPad? Have a flight coming up and would love to not have to listen at normal speed.

I have not found any way to listen to the videos faster on a phone (I have an iPhone). I know I am able to speed up podcasts on my phone, but I haven't found any links to podcast the videos instead of using the app. I havent looked that hard though.

You can transfer the files to your computer and use your computers media player. I did it with my android/windows based devices, but I have read that you can do it on iOS. I think you have to download the videos through itunes on your laptop and then open the files in your media player from there for iOS devices.

anon sequitur

Postby anon sequitur » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:35 pm

In Firefox, get VideoDownloadHelper, download the videos to your hard drive. There's probably an analogous program for Chrome, but I don't know it offhand.

Then, get VLC on your iPad. Sync iPad with computer, add the videos to the VLC app through iTunes.

I did this because I was planning on listening to lectures while I was out doing errands, for review or something. Lol, just lol, at my optimism regarding my own diligence.

always_raining

Postby always_raining » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Tripl3Espresso wrote:
always_raining wrote:

You can transfer the files to your computer and use your computers media player. I did it with my android/windows based devices, but I have read that you can do it on iOS. I think you have to download the videos through itunes on your laptop and then open the files in your media player from there for iOS devices.

Awesome, I figured that they had kindle versions of all the outlines, so they probably have some way to download it. But I never needed it enough to find the answer. Thanks!

habz

Postby habz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Did Themis just change up the appearance of the website (particularly the font they use) or is my computer just bugging out?

Tripl3Espresso

Postby Tripl3Espresso » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:59 pm

habz wrote:Did Themis just change up the appearance of the website (particularly the font they use) or is my computer just bugging out?

I noticed that too. I thought it was just my browser, but looks like they made the change.

texlaw

Postby texlaw » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Tripl3Espresso wrote:
habz wrote:Did Themis just change up the appearance of the website (particularly the font they use) or is my computer just bugging out?

I noticed that too. I thought it was just my browser, but looks like they made the change.

Yep. The font looks a lot more clear now. I won't have to squint at my computer screen anymore.

sd5289

Postby sd5289 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Ditto. I thought I was starting to lose it.

MrMustache

Postby MrMustache » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Same here. Now if only they would change the color of letters from dark grey to black... I usually don't mind the color, but after staring at the screen for hours it starts hurting my eyes.

Postby 2014 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Tripl3Espresso wrote:
always_raining wrote:

My laptop gets approximately 20 minutes of battery life so that wouldn't be particularly helpful for a flight unfortunately. Really need an iOS speedup. Anyone know a way?

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:33 pm

sd5289 wrote:

Ditto. I thought I was starting to lose it.

It looks like they switched to Helvetica.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:50 pm

I like the bigger font, but can we also get a bigger box for essay writing? TYIA Themis.

Nelson

Postby Nelson » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:06 pm

Anyone who hasn't gotten to the Advanced Sales lectures: they are 95% the same as the contracts lectures, right down to the same examples, so imminently skippable. Just go through the handout with the contracts handout and you can fill in the 3 new concepts from the long outline.

soj

Postby soj » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:07 pm

soj wrote:hey themis, if you're reading this, since you clearly don't read questions submitted through the message system on the themis website, fuck you and your shitty customer service.

finally got an answer to my pretty basic substantive question, a week after asking. harrumph. not a big deal, i guess, but i hope to see faster responses as we get down the wire. something tells me that's not gonna happen, though.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm

soj wrote:
soj wrote:hey themis, if you're reading this, since you clearly don't read questions submitted through the message system on the themis website, fuck you and your shitty customer service.

finally got an answer to my pretty basic substantive question, a week after asking. harrumph. not a big deal, i guess, but i hope to see faster responses as we get down the wire. something tells me that's not gonna happen, though.

Lol I asked a question within the first few days of starting the course. Never got an answer.

smalogna

Postby smalogna » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:14 pm

sd5289 wrote:Any NY'ers doing Conflicts and NY Practice? I'm having a hard time following the Conflicts guy right now...

He bounces around a bit. This is the first time that I understood the long outline better than the lecturer.

milesdavisjd

Postby milesdavisjd » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:19 pm

always_raining wrote:
kjartan wrote:
zot1 wrote:
MrBriggs360 wrote:Are all of these Civil Procedure lectures 22-23 minutes plus or is it just the first few? :(

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but it gets worse. Even though he never quite goes past 28, I don't think, it feels like he's going for 50 mins...

I watched them pretty comfortably at 2x

I watch them at 2x speed as well. Now if I hear them at the normal speed, it sounds so weird and comical.

I will definitely be speeding them up, definitely just so I don't have to hear "DefenDONT".

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Pleasye wrote:I like the bigger font, but can we also get a bigger box for essay writing? TYIA Themis.

Your box doesn't expand?

anon sequitur

Postby anon sequitur » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:31 pm

2014 wrote:My laptop gets approximately 20 minutes of battery life so that wouldn't be particularly helpful for a flight unfortunately. Really need an iOS speedup. Anyone know a way?

See my post five posts above yours.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:31 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
Pleasye wrote:I like the bigger font, but can we also get a bigger box for essay writing? TYIA Themis.

Your box doesn't expand?

No? I'm not sure what you mean.

soj

Postby soj » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Pleasye wrote:
soj wrote:

Lol I asked a question within the first few days of starting the course. Never got an answer.

sheesh, they got one job

will finally be taking milestone #2 today. after today i'll be doing a lot more essays (i tell myself this everyday)

kjartan

Postby kjartan » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Themis's Civ Pro MBE questions are fucking terrible.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Your box doesn't expand?

Maybe you have a different page because we're in different states. I can drag the box out by pulling on the bottom right corner of my essay box.

Postby 2014 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:38 pm

anon sequitur wrote:
2014 wrote:My laptop gets approximately 20 minutes of battery life so that wouldn't be particularly helpful for a flight unfortunately. Really need an iOS speedup. Anyone know a way?

See my post five posts above yours.

Whoops missed it, VLC works w/o internet/cell access right?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:47 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
Pleasye wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:

Your box doesn't expand?

Maybe you have a different page because we're in different states. I can drag the box out by pulling on the bottom right corner of my essay box.

Whaaaaaat. I never knew this, I'll try it on my next essay.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”