Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

not guilty
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby not guilty » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:30 pm

Jwashere wrote:FYI- the site is back up but now all the relevant forums are password protected. To obtain the password, you're required to pay a $20 "donation." The site admin mentioned they might not even release a prediction this time around. Ill report back if its worth the $20 once I get my password.

I can assure you it absolutely is not.

Jwashere
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Jwashere » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:31 pm

not guilty wrote:
Jwashere wrote:FYI- the site is back up but now all the relevant forums are password protected. To obtain the password, you're required to pay a $20 "donation." The site admin mentioned they might not even release a prediction this time around. Ill report back if its worth the $20 once I get my password.

I can assure you it absolutely is not.


Their advice can be summarized to "study everything."

Joey4112
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Joey4112 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:09 pm

They had like a chart up summarizing the essays tested every year since like 2003. Is that still there? Anyone mind sharing it

wise4
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby wise4 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 pm

blueapple08 wrote:
wise4 wrote:
grixxlybear99 wrote:My prediction:

Family Law
Trusts
Real Property
FL Con Law
Contracts/Art. 3
Professionalism

Florida Procedure
Wills
Evidence


I am literally praying this happens. I find the Wills MCQ to be a lot simpler to figure out over Corporations. If the MCQ are Procedure, Evidence, and Wills, my confidence will be through the roof. If its corps, I am going to have to pray theres more questions about partnerships than anything else.

Those essays are doable. When there is 5 days left, I am going to spend half a day on Juvenile and Dependency so I can BS my way through it if it somehow appears as a full essay.


Wills simpler than Corporations? I feel the exact opposite lol. Some wills questions are so dense and take up so much time (usually with intestacy matters. I feel like corporation rules are easier to apply than wills, but props to you. How did you study for wills? Any tips?


Honestly, I have no idea how I understand it. It just clicked for me.. Maybe it was the tutor who taught the class, i don't know.

The apulse site is finally up and you can still access the previous tested MCQ . You need a password now for other parts of the site

wise4
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby wise4 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:20 pm

If you look at the MCQ pattern on apulse's site, it appears that we are lined up for procedure, evidence, wills.

There seems to be a steady pattern of there being no pro/ev/business followed by pro/ev/business. All speculative but if it stays on that pattern, since pro/ev/bus was Feb. 16, we are either looking at pro/ev/wills or pro/bus/wills. It does look like wills will be showing up according to the trend but all speculative of course

Jwashere
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Jwashere » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:21 am

Joey4112 wrote:They had like a chart up summarizing the essays tested every year since like 2003. Is that still there? Anyone mind sharing it
[+] Spoiler
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LdPRVYf_Ocev7SKQ8dkPwU-XNavAaLkOqMRfjGHEDMQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

Jwashere
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Jwashere » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:31 am

wise4 wrote:If you look at the MCQ pattern on apulse's site, it appears that we are lined up for procedure, evidence, wills.

There seems to be a steady pattern of there being no pro/ev/business followed by pro/ev/business. All speculative but if it stays on that pattern, since pro/ev/bus was Feb. 16, we are either looking at pro/ev/wills or pro/bus/wills. It does look like wills will be showing up according to the trend but all speculative of course


Thats contrary to what they are predicting (wills/BE/pro). They are also of the opinion that fed con law, crim pro, crim law, and ethics (duh) will be tested in essay format. Also, there's speculation of evidence in essay format as a minor subset (since it was touched upon in Feb '16) and possibly dependency/fam law or even trusts since July is trust month for the examiners.

Its all a toss up since the examiners have been getting cute.

not guilty
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby not guilty » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:08 am

Jwashere wrote:
Thats contrary to what they are predicting (wills/BE/pro). They are also of the opinion that fed con law, crim pro, crim law, and ethics (duh) will be tested in essay format. Also, there's speculation of evidence in essay format as a minor subset (since it was touched upon in Feb '16) and possibly dependency/fam law or even trusts since July is trust month for the examiners.

Its all a toss up since the examiners have been getting cute.


They have never hit on Wills MC and Trusts Essay in the same year. Typically one or the other.

not guilty
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby not guilty » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:10 am

I could see them hitting on criminal law again (3rd straight exam) if they touched on Juvenile.

They very well may just keep it traditional. Torts, Contracts, Fla Con Law, Ethics.

Jwashere
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Jwashere » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:27 am

not guilty wrote:I could see them hitting on criminal law again (3rd straight exam) if they touched on Juvenile.

They very well may just keep it traditional. Torts, Contracts, Fla Con Law, Ethics.


I hope and pray those are the topics tested.

wwwcol
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby wwwcol » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:19 pm

So the best conclusion is that they are likely to test on literally anything? Sigh. You don't make anything easy, FL bar

Bartaker7277
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Bartaker7277 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Any truth to the rumor that Kaplan is preparing students for the FL MC subjects as essays? For example wills, evidence, or business entities essay?

Joey4112
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Joey4112 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:55 pm

I only got 61% on the Florida practice multiple choice exam. Those were really heard

wwwcol
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby wwwcol » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Bartaker7277 wrote:Any truth to the rumor that Kaplan is preparing students for the FL MC subjects as essays? For example wills, evidence, or business entities essay?


Doing Barbri, not Kaplan, but I was thinking about this as well. Barbri has drilled in that Evidence and Wills are always MC but that's slightly misleading -- some of the other subjects, e.g. Property, may include a tangential Wills/Evidence issue. I think I saw in the 2015 study guide a property question that involved some knowledge of Wills, but it was pretty basic (i.e. that the Statute of Wills requires writing plus two witnesses).

If Wills or Business Entities ends up being a stand-alone, major topic for the first time, I won't be too concerned since I assume everyone else will be equally fucked.

grixxlybear99
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby grixxlybear99 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Anyone else concerned about the February 2011 "Real Property" essay (#27 in Barbri)?! It was entirely Wills and Family Law! WTF. There's no way I'm going to have Wills memorized and all these crazy specifics. The only property-related issue in the whole fucking essay was the recording statute and lis pendens. Holy fuckng shit

not guilty
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby not guilty » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:03 am

grixxlybear99 wrote:Anyone else concerned about the February 2011 "Real Property" essay (#27 in Barbri)?! It was entirely Wills and Family Law! WTF. There's no way I'm going to have Wills memorized and all these crazy specifics. The only property-related issue in the whole fucking essay was the recording statute and lis pendens. Holy fuckng shit


February 2011 was a Property/Family essay. So the Family questions are valid.

The Wills questions were all pertaining to real property, so I guess that was what the Bar thought. I just don't understand why they would do that to us. Anyway you slice it, the best way to show up for Part A is to know every single subject to the point that you could write an essay on it.

Bartaker7277
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:00 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Bartaker7277 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:30 am

yeah but is that really possible? To know every single essay subject they can test? :twisted:

not guilty
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby not guilty » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Bartaker7277 wrote:yeah but is that really possible? To know every single essay subject they can test? :twisted:


"you could forego studying Commercial Paper, Criminal Law, and Fed Con Law. Commercial paper has never been hit on alone. Fed Con Law only 1 time. Criminal Law hasn't been hit on in 10 years besides last July, they wouldn't do that again."

-students just before February 16'

not guilty
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby not guilty » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:19 pm

why not use percentage's when doing math, why halfs/fractions?

brother gets two-fifth of estate.....c'mon

wwwcol
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:57 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby wwwcol » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:40 pm

not guilty wrote:why not use percentage's when doing math, why halfs/fractions?

brother gets two-fifth of estate.....c'mon


Saves a step. If it was percentages, you have to convert the percentage to a fraction in order to do the math for per stirpes distributions. They do/test on a lot of silly things but at least that one makes sense to me.

grixxlybear99
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:26 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby grixxlybear99 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:19 pm

What is our admission ticket to the bar? Has anyone received it? :shock:

kcam1991
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby kcam1991 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:16 am

grixxlybear99 wrote:What is our admission ticket to the bar? Has anyone received it? :shock:


+1

Jwashere
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Jwashere » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:14 pm

kcam1991 wrote:
grixxlybear99 wrote:What is our admission ticket to the bar? Has anyone received it? :shock:


+1


Mine was issued Nov. 10th, 2016. The "ticket" is an orange piece of paper with testing info. and signature block.

sflyr2016
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby sflyr2016 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:40 pm

anyone know if barbri's completion progress report is based on the national completion average? or just for the state we're enrolled in? not sure it makes a difference but i am curious.

blueapple08
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon May 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby blueapple08 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:56 pm

How'd everyone do on the MBE refresher practice exam? Does anyone know the average or what we were supposed to aim for? Idk if anyone else feels the same but a good chunk of the questions tested on the most obscure rules.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AspiringCALawyer, eafrica17, lenquin6 and 4 guests