Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
The_CW

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby The_CW » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:For the MBE it seemed like we didnt have much of the areas that are highly tested. I was ready for hearsay exceptions and there wasnt many. Also felt like the crim questions were lacking in larceny, robbery, arson, etc. I knew those inside and out and we got maybe one or two questions? Con law wasnt loaded with equal protection or due process like the bar companies say it will be. Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me?

I noticed this to a degree as well. It seemed a little easier than July's administration, where I felt the MBE questions were pretty hard. But, I used a company this time around that exclusively relied on all released MBE questions since the Earth cooled. Interestingly, I noticed the exact same questions from my MBE prep course on this exam, just with different names, locations, and what not. But the same questions. I chuckled a little when I ran across those because I was like, "hey, I did this one! I know what the answer is going to be," and sure enough....

What course did you use, out of curiosity?

NY-Lawyer

New

Postby NY-Lawyer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:46 pm

JOchoa wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:
NY-Lawyer wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:For the MBE it seemed like we didnt have much of the areas that are highly tested. I was ready for hearsay exceptions and there wasnt many. Also felt like the crim questions were lacking in larceny, robbery, arson, etc. I knew those inside and out and we got maybe one or two questions? Con law wasnt loaded with equal protection or due process like the bar companies say it will be. Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me?

I felt like they asked a couple on larceny, but not much else on some of the other areas you mentioned. I remember the one about attempted arson, and one about solicitation and conspiracy. Con law was definitely some interesting questions. Not quite what I expected. I took and passed the NY bar in 2016, and I feel like the MBE questions were different then. Perhaps it's just my memory failing lol

I agree with you, the questions were different from years ago a from what I have see from practice questions and adaptibar. The MBE is changing and they arent releasing anything new to help us!

I pray there is a good curve that test def threw me off a bit.

The highly tested were definitely there. I think they just hid them well behind summary judgment and directed verdict questions. Con Law was full of first amendment in my opinion[/quote]

[REDACTED]
Last edited by cavalier1138 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed reference to specific exam question.

Allegedly88

New

Postby Allegedly88 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:58 pm

NY-Lawyer wrote:
JOchoa wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:
NY-Lawyer wrote:

I felt like they asked a couple on larceny, but not much else on some of the other areas you mentioned. I remember the one about attempted arson, and one about solicitation and conspiracy. Con law was definitely some interesting questions. Not quite what I expected. I took and passed the NY bar in 2016, and I feel like the MBE questions were different then. Perhaps it's just my memory failing lol

I agree with you, the questions were different from years ago a from what I have see from practice questions and adaptibar. The MBE is changing and they arent releasing anything new to help us!

I pray there is a good curve that test def threw me off a bit.

The highly tested were definitely there. I think they just hid them well behind summary judgment and directed verdict questions. Con Law was full of first amendment in my opinion.

[REDACTED][/quote]

Yessss there was alot of summary judgement. Few prior restraint questions. [REDACTED] Random questions keep coming to my mind though.
Last edited by cavalier1138 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed reference to specific exam question.

Allegedly88

New

Postby Allegedly88 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I noticed this to a degree as well. It seemed a little easier than July's administration, where I felt the MBE questions were pretty hard. But, I used a company this time around that exclusively relied on all released MBE questions since the Earth cooled. Interestingly, I noticed the exact same questions from my MBE prep course on this exam, just with different names, locations, and what not. But the same questions. I chuckled a little when I ran across those because I was like, "hey, I did this one! I know what the answer is going to be," and sure enough....

They def used the same facts and changed it a little ... had to be careful though they did change some of the answers than the practice questions on a few

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:30 pm

This is a gentle reminder that you cannot discuss specific bar exam questions on this forum (or anywhere).

Someone feel free to let me know if Florida has a special deal where they release questions to the public the day after the exam. But since I'm not aware of any such policy, keep your discussions of the test to comments like "Wow, that was hard/easy."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

erin8424

New

Postby erin8424 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:22 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:This is a gentle reminder that you cannot discuss specific bar exam questions on this forum (or anywhere).

Someone feel free to let me know if Florida has a special deal where they release questions to the public the day after the exam. But since I'm not aware of any such policy, keep your discussions of the test to comments like "Wow, that was hard/easy."

FL lets you leave with the question booklet for the essays. Didn’t take the MBE here so cannot speak to that.

NY-Lawyer

New

Postby NY-Lawyer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:00 am

erin8424 wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:This is a gentle reminder that you cannot discuss specific bar exam questions on this forum (or anywhere).

FL lets you leave with the question booklet for the essays. Didn’t take the MBE here so cannot speak to that.

Haha yeah I was surprised that they were just like “take the exam book with you if you want.” Was not that way at all when I took it in NY.

Bajd05

New

Postby Bajd05 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:19 am

Florida essays are fair game to discuss. We leave with the essays and they have posted them publicly. No need to redact posts dealing with Florida essays

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:29 am

NY-Lawyer wrote:
erin8424 wrote:

Haha yeah I was surprised that they were just like “take the exam book with you if you want.” Was not that way at all when I took it in NY.

Got it. So far, I've only removed references to MBE questions (as far as I can tell).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Postby FloridaLawyer2B » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 am

The_CW wrote: What course did you use, out of curiosity?

JD Advising. A Michigan based company (where I'm also licensed). They don't have a Florida essay component, but an excellent MBE prep section I used. They cut all the fat out, and narrow it down to the black letter law, how its tested on the MBE, the traps to look out for, and so on. Was an excellent course in my opinion.

katrinax0x17

New

Postby katrinax0x17 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:22 pm

When does everyone think the results from February 2020 will come out?

erin8424

New

Postby erin8424 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:34 pm

katrinax0x17 wrote:When does everyone think the results from February 2020 will come out?

They said April 13th at 2PM

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:47 pm

erin8424 wrote:
katrinax0x17 wrote:When does everyone think the results from February 2020 will come out?

And they also said approx. 1,400 people sat for this exam as well, to those wondering about attendance.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Allegedly88

New

Postby Allegedly88 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
erin8424 wrote:

And they also said approx. 1,400 people sat for this exam as well, to those wondering about attendance.

Is that 1,400 first time takers or does that include repeaters as well?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:12 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
erin8424 wrote:

I’m still tripping about the Part A - Day. Not so much the essays, but the multiple choice!!! How can they do that to us?! Business entities which is already hard in itself due to multiple sub-topics and then throw in Wills, which none of us were expecting!! I also didn’t get to finish All of the multiple choice questions, so I had no choice but to bubble in something random at the end. Does anyone else feel like they’re doomed??? B/c I sure do, and have felt very down since the exam. I only took Part A.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:53 pm

EAsports wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
941law wrote:FWIW, the FL mc questions for Barbri are very easy; however, all accounts from previous test takers (2014) said that the questions on the actual exam are very specific and fairly tough if you do not know exact Fl rules.

Thats sort of how the Kaplan questions for Florida MC are, very specific rules being tested. Also, for Kaplan's "Florida final" they gave us Procedure, evidence, and wills for the MC. I really hope that is what we get test day.

Barbri did too. Something the testing companies know that we don't?

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Postby FloridaLawyer2B » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:40 am

Allegedly88 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
erin8424 wrote:

They didn't break that down. At the end of the session they simply gave the date scores will be released and the number taking the exam. I'd imagine a majority of us there were re-takers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Allegedly88

New

Postby Allegedly88 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
erin8424 wrote:

I’m still tripping about the Part A - Day. Not so much the essays, but the multiple choice!!! How can they do that to us?! Business entities which is already hard in itself due to multiple sub-topics and then throw in Wills, which none of us were expecting!! I also didn’t get to finish All of the multiple choice questions, so I had no choice but to bubble in something random at the end. Does anyone else feel like they’re doomed??? B/c I sure do, and have felt very down since the exam. I only took Part A.

I feel doomed and I only took part B. It felt easyish and hard as hell at the same time. I am hoping alot of the weird questions were the experimental questions. I know i got a few easy questions wrong .. after having a few days away from the exam i realized i made some dumb mistakes. I dont know what to think. My florida score expires in feb 2021 so i think i only have july left to pass part B without taking florida part again.

Does anyone know how that works? Am i safe until the feb 2021 exam or does it just expire before then bc i wont be sworn in by then if i keep failing?
I shouldnt be thinking about this but i am worried.

johngotti

New

Postby johngotti » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
EAsports wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
941law wrote:FWIW, the FL mc questions for Barbri are very easy; however, all accounts from previous test takers (2014) said that the questions on the actual exam are very specific and fairly tough if you do not know exact Fl rules.

Thats sort of how the Kaplan questions for Florida MC are, very specific rules being tested. Also, for Kaplan's "Florida final" they gave us Procedure, evidence, and wills for the MC. I really hope that is what we get test day.

Barbri did too. Something the testing companies know that we don't?

The testing companies don't know, when I used barbri both times the MC in the practice test didn't match up with the actual exam. The big issue is obviously that we have no actual practice questions from the Florida bar other than the 30 on the "study guide" which are pretty much useless.

johngotti

New

Postby johngotti » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
erin8424 wrote:

I feel doomed and I only took part B. It felt easyish and hard as hell at the same time. I am hoping alot of the weird questions were the experimental questions. I know i got a few easy questions wrong .. after having a few days away from the exam i realized i made some dumb mistakes. I dont know what to think. My florida score expires in feb 2021 so i think i only have july left to pass part B without taking florida part again.

Does anyone know how that works? Am i safe until the feb 2021 exam or does it just expire before then bc i wont be sworn in by then if i keep failing?

Obviously get in contact with the bar to clarify but my understanding is that the last one you'd be able to use would be Feb 2021. I'm similarly stressing about Part A.

Allegedly88

New

Postby Allegedly88 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:38 am

johngotti wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
erin8424 wrote:

Obviously get in contact with the bar to clarify but my understanding is that the last one you'd be able to use would be Feb 2021. I'm similarly stressing about Part A.

When does yours expire?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NY-Lawyer

New

Postby NY-Lawyer » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:46 am

Does anyone know about how long it takes to get cleared through character and fitness? I submitted my application in early November. I think I saw somewhere that it takes about 4 months on average. Wondering if anyone has any experience. Thanks!

johngotti

New

Postby johngotti » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:26 pm

My mbe is good through 8/2021

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Postby FloridaLawyer2B » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:04 pm

NY-Lawyer wrote:Does anyone know about how long it takes to get cleared through character and fitness? I submitted my application in early November. I think I saw somewhere that it takes about 4 months on average. Wondering if anyone has any experience. Thanks!

It took me approximately 6 months from start to finish. I had already a C&F done from another jurisdiction, so I think that helped answer a lot of questions (or maybe not, who knows). I had a few questions sent to me that I had to answer. Smooth process though.

NY-Lawyer

New

Postby NY-Lawyer » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:48 am

FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
NY-Lawyer wrote:Does anyone know about how long it takes to get cleared through character and fitness? I submitted my application in early November. I think I saw somewhere that it takes about 4 months on average. Wondering if anyone has any experience. Thanks!

It took me approximately 6 months from start to finish. I had already a C&F done from another jurisdiction, so I think that helped answer a lot of questions (or maybe not, who knows). I had a few questions sent to me that I had to answer. Smooth process though.

Thanks for the info! I'm admitted in NY so have gone through the C&F stuff there. Like you said, maybe that helps. The Florida Board sent a letter where they wanted a few minor things clarified, but that has been it. I would think it's gotta be close to wrapping up.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?