Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:59 pm

johngotti wrote:Out of curiousity what are the essay topics barbri (or kaplan/themis) has for the practice FL exam?

Are you referring to the online practice exams or the paper practice exams in the books? I can give you the info as to the Barbri book.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Very random, but is it possible for one of the essays to be Business Entities. I know the Bar hasn't tested it before, but is it possible?

johngotti

New

Postby johngotti » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:
johngotti wrote:Out of curiousity what are the essay topics barbri (or kaplan/themis) has for the practice FL exam?

Are you referring to the online practice exams or the paper practice exams in the books? I can give you the info as to the Barbri book.

Was referring to the paper practice exam in the book.

Anonymous User wrote:Very random, but is it possible for one of the essays to be Business Entities. I know the Bar hasn't tested it before, but is it possible?

No

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:05 am

Does anyone know if there is a BAR company or anyone else who has/sells MNEMONICS for the ‘Florida - Part A’ portion Only?

I know there are a ton of mnemonics that people have made/shared but they focus on the UBE or MBE portions.

If anyone has helpful info for PART A, please share! :)

natalyf

New

Postby natalyf » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:02 pm

Does anyone have a list of the previously historical tested subjects per FL bar exam, that they wouldn't mind sending me? It would be greatly appreciated!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lurking100

New

Postby Lurking100 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:42 am

Do you guys think we are getting BE/Evidence on the FL MCQ part?

Deezired6

New

Postby Deezired6 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:04 am

Lurking100 wrote:Do you guys think we are getting BE/Evidence on the FL MCQ part?

Yes, I think so, unless they re-test Wills for the M.C, which I think they just tested last examination

Usernameavailable

New

Postby Usernameavailable » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:18 pm

Deezired6 wrote:
Lurking100 wrote:Do you guys think we are getting BE/Evidence on the FL MCQ part?

Yes, I think so, unless they re-test Wills for the M.C, which I think they just tested last examination

I haven't double checked it but someone said yesterday in a reddit thread that Wills was tested each of the past 2 tests. Last test was wills and evidence and fl civ/crim. I'd be extremely surprised if BE wasn't on it.

Edit: Accidental Anon
Last edited by QContinuum on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deanoned at poster's request.

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Postby FloridaLawyer2B » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:51 pm

Well folks....

We're a little over two weeks out from February 2020's exam. I took and passed (quite comfortably) the Florida portion in July. Missed the MBE by 9 points.

So I'm retaking only the MBE this time. I've been working full time, studying at night and before work when I can. Doing okay on question sets so far....hope I've put enough time in to make it by with a 136...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Allegedly88

New

Postby Allegedly88 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:02 am

FloridaLawyer2B wrote:Well folks....

We're a little over two weeks out from February 2020's exam. I took and passed (quite comfortably) the Florida portion in July. Missed the MBE by 9 points.

So I'm retaking only the MBE this time. I've been working full time, studying at night and before work when I can. Doing okay on question sets so far....hope I've put enough time in to make it by with a 136...

I am in the same boat as you. I missed the MBE by 7 points. How have you been scoring? I am nervous - i keep ranging from 60s to 70s. I am not really sure whats passing because the curve is always different. But even dropping 5 points on test day could be detrimental.
I still feel like i know everything yet.

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Postby FloridaLawyer2B » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:37 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:I am in the same boat as you. I missed the MBE by 7 points. How have you been scoring? I am nervous - i keep ranging from 60s to 70s. I am not really sure whats passing because the curve is always different. But even dropping 5 points on test day could be detrimental.
I still feel like i know everything yet.

I'm pretty much in the same range. I'm averaging over, say 500 questions, about 62.4% right on all. On individual and mixed sets from 61-68% with some outliers in either direction.

I'm pretty much at the end covering all the seven tested areas, and these last two weeks will be review and doing more questions. I'm feeling confident overall that as long as I take my time and keep my head on straight, I'll get a 136 or better and finally will get sworn in.

JustPass

New

Postby JustPass » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:21 am

I wish everyone good luck on the upcoming exam.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Random question - but is anyone taking the bar in February and a little perplexed by the lack of communication?

I got a paper ticket in the mail. Is that literally all they send you?

I've taken the bar in 2 other states and they've regularly communicated things via email (here is your ticket number, laptop compliance is by this date, etc.).

Does Florida just tell you nothing, and if you didn't get that paper ticket, you're out of luck? Or am I just not on emails?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Postby FloridaLawyer2B » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Random question - but is anyone taking the bar in February and a little perplexed by the lack of communication?

I got a paper ticket in the mail. Is that literally all they send you?

I've taken the bar in 2 other states and they've regularly communicated things via email (here is your ticket number, laptop compliance is by this date, etc.).

Does Florida just tell you nothing, and if you didn't get that paper ticket, you're out of luck? Or am I just not on emails?

When you register for your exam, you pay your exam fees, and optional laptop fee, and the Board of Bar Examiners sends you a letter. Contained therein is your admission ticket and information on laptop use if you elected to use one. Its one ticket for both days (if you're sitting for both days that is). The software is then downloaded and installed on your laptop by the time provided (which should also come in that letter with your admission ticket). That information is also available on the Board's website under FAQ's as well.

Other than that, nope, not a lot of communication...in fact none.

Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:41 pm

what are we thinking for the essays now that it is a little closer?

allymariee19

New

Postby allymariee19 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:02 am

How did everyone do on the final/midterm?

ujas02

New

Postby ujas02 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:57 pm

Is it just me or are all of the sample 30 MC questions on the FL-Bar's study guide website the exact same questions no matter which year you choose?????

https://www.floridabarexam.org/__85257b ... 0c006546a5

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:53 pm

yes, they’re all repeated. I don’t think they release them often because they actually recycle/ re-use them, I think? I hope!

Anyone else FREAKING out about the FLORIDA Day- Multiple Choice questions?? Business Entities is kicking my ass!!! :roll:

JOchoa

New

Postby JOchoa » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:yes, they’re all repeated. I don’t think they release them often because they actually recycle/ re-use them, I think? I hope!

Anyone else FREAKING out about the FLORIDA Day- Multiple Choice questions?? Business Entities is kicking my ass!!! :roll:

I'm more concerned of essays, to be honest. Been having a tough time with rule memorization. Especially Art 3/9. Previous fact patterns have been ruthless to read.

johngotti

New

Postby johngotti » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:yes, they’re all repeated. I don’t think they release them often because they actually recycle/ re-use them, I think? I hope!

Retaking the Florida portion and both parts are gonna be awful. They act like they did us a favor combining the BE outline but it's still a mess. The essays are going to suck regardless, hopefully no curveballs like repeating multiple topics from the summer or something similar.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?