Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Geaux12

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:06 pm

LAW813FL wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
max2000 wrote:Can anyone confirm/deny I've got this concept down pretty much? FL recognizes out of state Wills executed formally unless they're oral or holographic (even if valid and executed in the outside state)

That sounds right to me. On another note, the test starts tomorrow (Tuesday) correct?

I can't tell if you're being a dick :lol:

woah how did you get access to the internet during the essays?

lol jkjk

That's the attitude man. We're on a 2000 person curve, psych as many people out as possible :D

LAW813FL

Postby LAW813FL » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:03 pm

Geaux12 wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:
max2000 wrote:Can anyone confirm/deny I've got this concept down pretty much? FL recognizes out of state Wills executed formally unless they're oral or holographic (even if valid and executed in the outside state)

That sounds right to me. On another note, the test starts tomorrow (Tuesday) correct?

I can't tell if you're being a dick :lol:

woah how did you get access to the internet during the essays?

lol jkjk

That's the attitude man. We're on a 2000 person curve, psych as many people out as possible :D

Any little bit will help me, Im gunna need it.

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:33 pm

DT Tampa is slacking, needs a solid bar/restaurant street. Hopefully it doesn't rain while people are walking. I wonder how we're going to feel when we leave on Tuesday.

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:10 pm

NCBE number is required but they provide it for you.

ash0117

Postby ash0117 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:02 pm

If the hotel I'm staying at (~3 mi from convention center) doesn't stop with the construction soon, I may lose my mind. Thank god I can sleep through tons of noise. Right now it's just irritating me (like just about everything and everyone else).

On another note, what time are you planning on arriving in the morning? I drove by today, to time myself, but I feel like it may take longer with traffic in the AM, so I'm leaving ridiculously early. Here's to not sleeping, ftw!

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:05 pm

ash0117 wrote:If the hotel I'm staying at (~3 mi from convention center) doesn't stop with the construction soon, I may lose my mind. Thank god I can sleep through tons of noise. Right now it's just irritating me (like just about everything and everyone else).

On another note, what time are you planning on arriving in the morning? I drove by today, to time myself, but I feel like it may take longer with traffic in the AM, so I'm leaving ridiculously early. Here's to not sleeping, ftw!

I wouldn't overestimate too much. There is going to be a giant line of people as early as 7:30, when in reality you could walk in at 8:45 and be in your seat by 9. Where are you parking?

max2000

Postby max2000 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:34 pm

From what I've heard there's an empty lot right across the street where some dude charges 20-30$ for an all day pass. There's also a big parking garage across the street that's supposedly only 10 dollars for an all day thing (heard this from Feb takers).

Edit: The former is cash only, option 2 takes card.

Cydiego

Postby Cydiego » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Anybody else feel like they've forgotten everything?

legal10101

Postby legal10101 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Cydiego wrote:Anybody else feel like they've forgotten everything?

Yes, absolutely... But we haven't. Take a deep breath and get some rest. This is a test not only of knowledge but also mental endurance. Tomorrow when you walk out you will feel like it is all crashing in.... Check it at the door on the way out and prepare for day two.

Good luck everyone!

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Cydiego wrote:Anybody else feel like they've forgotten everything?

Yeah, I forgot to study Wills multiple choice 8)

941law

Postby 941law » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Reviews of July 2015 Exam start here:

I wanted to write up a review for the future test takers that will be looking for info in this thread..

Convention center isn't that intimidating. Grab your badge, go through metal detector line, and now you're in. No need to be there before 8am.

Take your time with the essays. You can think outside of the box and score some points if you just slow down. I did a mini outline of where I was headed with my essay before I started. 3 essays in 3 hours is enough and isn't really that intense, but don't just jump down one path. I missed issues after talking to people.

Florida multiple choice in my opinion was only difficult due to the answer sets. I thought the fact patters were easy. You need to know the exceptions because the obvious answer is probably wrong, you're missing something. I found some mistakes after I calmed down.

Fla civ pro, Fla crim pro, Evidene, and Wills. A few Judge discretionary questions.

(Essays will all be publically released in a few months)
Essay 1: contracts. I'm trying to remember all the issues I heard people mention. Essentially contract formation, termination (revocation), mailbox rule. It was like 3 mini essays as the call of the questions and fact patters weren't related (different lots for sale). Plus an ethical dilemma.

Essay 2: criminal and con law (?). I touched on various charges that could be brought on the defendant (which was the first call of the question). Then I touched on the which pretrial motions would be her defense. You had an insanity issue, suppression of evidence, and suppression of statements, and a Miranda issue. Also how the State would argue back. A major topic in this essay was whether or not the police were able to bust into this house with a warrant and what rights did the defendant have. I got into amendments/con law at this point. Was she protected. Was there an exclusionary rule for her "drug ledger." Fruit of the poisonous tree issue. Did the police have an exigency circumstance to enter the house because they heard a disgruntled "moan." Argued both ways. ANOTHER ethical issue here, crim attorney working for a contingency fee.

Essay 3: Torts. A company/city ignores a product recall on an airbag. Employee dies driving the company car. What is spouses possible actions? Defenses to these actions? And then yet again, list the ethical issues (excessive fee; procedural issues). I went with product liability and negligence as my 2 main actions and comparative negligence as my main defense.
Last edited by 941law on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LAW813FL

Postby LAW813FL » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Well that was fun

MG95

Postby MG95 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Last edited by MG95 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:44 pm

M_n_M wrote:
LAW813FL wrote:Well that was fun

Called Wills/Evidence for MQ.

It's cool they let us take the essay questions home, but all MBE topic essays was just ridiculous. What a waste.

I.e., you wish it had been UCC 9 or family law?

Paaaasssss :D

As far as wildcards they could have thrown at us, I'll take Q2 all-day-every-day. I have no idea how I did, but that's usually a good sign for me. Granted, I might have totally fucked up Q1 complicated shit (that question was waaaaaay too long). Who knows. I've heard a lot of people saying they gave dramatically different answers...

ETA: all my "formatting"/IRAC plans went right out the window, and I was pretty much vomiting info. Hope the graders find enough meat in there, and don't punish me for lack of polish.

MG95

Postby MG95 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:49 pm

EAsports

Postby EAsports » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:10 pm

What kind of studying/reviewing (if any) do you all plan to do tonight?

LAW813FL

Postby LAW813FL » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:12 pm

EAsports wrote:What kind of studying/reviewing (if any) do you all plan to do tonight?

15-20 adaptibar questions and reviewing MBE final notes.

I am also going to ceremoniously destroy all my Florida notes in order to expel the demons from my body.

Cydiego

Postby Cydiego » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:06 pm

Tell me if I'm wrong:

Essay 1 - land sale k formation (w a lot of mailbox rule) x 3 for each buyer, small comm paper issue, and three ethical issues.

Essay 2 - charges (murder 1, 2, manslaughter, conspiracy), defenses (insanity: mcnaughten), motions: motion to suppress 4th amendment, 5th amendment, competency, and three ethical issues.

Essay 3 - fla con law (county immunity), products liability (5 theories), negligence against City, and three ethical issues.

What'd I miss?

941law

Postby 941law » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:34 pm

Cydiego wrote:Tell me if I'm wrong:

Essay 1 - land sale k formation (w a lot of mailbox rule) x 3 for each buyer, small comm paper issue, and three ethical issues.

Essay 2 - charges (murder 1, 2, manslaughter, conspiracy), defenses (insanity: mcnaughten), motions: motion to suppress 4th amendment, 5th amendment, competency, and three ethical issues.

Essay 3 - fla con law (county immunity), products liability (5 theories), negligence against City, and three ethical issues.

What'd I miss?

I didn't go crazy on the ethical issues in any essay. 1 issue per essay for me I think.

Essay 1- in order of the 3 Lots: A) Seller did not breach B) buyer breached, they did have a comtract. Then argued they did not via revocation by buyer. C)seller did not breach by not knowing the zoning rule. Second oral contract no good. Possible mutual mistake on the first contract.

2- I said felony murder if she was there to sell drugs and then killed him. 1 if premeditated. 2 if not. Maybe manslaughter if just gave drug and watched die.

3- loss of consortium I added. Also went a little strict liability tangent for no reason. Also wrote "res ipsa loquitor" at some point.

941law

Postby 941law » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Was I off base for pure comparative negligence for "Auto Co.'s" defense in Torts essay?

legal10101

Postby legal10101 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:48 pm

Cydiego wrote:Tell me if I'm wrong:

What'd I miss?

Think I hit on the same... Took a lot of time on Q1. The ethical issues I hit on with a few sentences in each... Most on the last with a possible Attorney Malpractice

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Q2 I went to poundtown on crim pro (12 jurors, grand jury idictment, direct appeal to FL Supreme Court- all that capital crime shit; also ∆ had to give notice of intent to use an insanity defense, namedropped M'Naughten, the burden for competency vs. insanity defense) + search & seizure (namedropped FL express right to privacy, so on).

I actually spent very little time talking about actual crim law. Some murder stuff, a shot-in-the-dark "if Vic was committing suicide & Donna helped, she could be liable for voluntary manslaughter in FL, but depending on the extent of her involvement it could be murder)...

Idk. Hopefully I found enough points in there somewhere. Because I'll need them - almost positive I fucked up K formation issues.

As far as tonight goes, I might hit the sack soon and wake up super early tomorrow to get my review in.

941law

Postby 941law » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:14 pm

My exlanation of the McNaughten rule will read as if it's a drunk old guy rambling on and on about his failed marriage. I could not remember what the key language that really defines the rule for the life of me.

MG95

Postby MG95 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Geaux12

Postby Geaux12 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:57 pm

M_n_M wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:Q2 I went to poundtown on crim pro (12 jurors, grand jury idictment, direct appeal to FL Supreme Court- all that capital crime shit; also ∆ had to give notice of intent to use an insanity defense, namedropped M'Naughten, the burden for competency vs. insanity defense) + search & seizure (namedropped FL express right to privacy, so on).

I actually spent very little time talking about actual crim law. Some murder stuff, a shot-in-the-dark "if Vic was committing suicide & Donna helped, she could be liable for voluntary manslaughter in FL, but depending on the extent of her involvement it could be murder)...

Idk. Hopefully I found enough points in there somewhere. Because I'll need them - almost positive I fucked up K formation issues.

As far as tonight goes, I might hit the sack soon and wake up super early tomorrow to get my review in.

I thought I did well on the crim law essay, but all the grand jury/12 juror stuff just took a shit all over my parade.

Please. Do us both a favor, and don't play that came. I've been avoiding re-reading the call of that question because I'm pretty sure it wanted waaay more focus on criminal charges than I gave.

Oh and I was wrecked by the MCQs. I'm glad it was wills, because I remember even less about Bus. Ent., but I got all kinds of shit wrong. And the procedure/evidence questions were just hilariously harder than Kaplan practice Qs.

Keep in mind...like, TLS is probably a self-selecting somewhat overachieving/overanalyzing/anxious demo (that is, only people who take school seriously are likely to post here consistently) - we have to remember we're not going for As, just a C. We're competing against the dumb kids. Just gotta be in the 21st percentile, right?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”