Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Azwildcat

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Azwildcat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Unfortunately, I handwrote the essays and didn’t know enough law to hit all those issues. I practice personal injury in Texas, so I thought I dominated the torts essay but didn’t mention Fabre. Never heard of it actually. Trusts was the one topic I studied the least. I hit family law/dependency and FL con law hard since it seems like they love testing those. I think being mediocre on the essays and not doing so well on the FL MC, I’ll be back in Tampa in July.

New

Postby 11523 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:33 am

I included a little more on discrete issues - like the food truck being a vehicle and that perfection would require notation on the title but here I was simply trying to make sure I had the big picture topics listed.

I did not touch on FL Con Law for the Secured Trans question because I believe (and I could be wrong) the call of the question told you that you represented Loan Co. It also asked us to discuss any other causes of action Loan Co. could bring. I really didn't have a great answer for that - I just threw negligence against the borrower for damaging the food truck by driving when distraught and I threw conversion out there by saying that since she intentionally hid the vehicle over which she knew Loan Co. had a legal claim she had committed to tort of conversion - I have literally no clue if either of those make any sense at all but because I had the time and they don't deduct points I put them out there.

New

Postby 11523 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 pm

I don't think there was a PMSI in the truck because she already owned the truck and didn't use the loan proceeds to purchase the truck. And yes, on the accession question the argument I believe was that Loan Co. had a security interest in the equipment because it became attached to the truck in such away that removing it would cause significant damage to the truck - its similar to the fixture rule - and if that is the case then the person with good security interest in the truck would also have it in the equipment.

I can't remember now if I address the after acquired property clause. I know at first I didn't because I didn't think the language was sufficient to create one. But I vaguely recall going back in right before I left and actually creating a subsection that addressed that point - but that could just be me being hopeful.

I really racked my brain on other cause of action - I swear I sat for 10 minutes before I turned my test in literally going through every cause of action I could think of.

Overall I felt very good about the essays - my practice essays were always about 60% except in Sec Trans and this seemed to me to be a relatively easy Sec Trans question. I am just hoping my essays can save me from the FL MC - Wills was my weakest subject by far and I felt like they tested second level wills questions. BE is generally one of my stronger subjects as I took the class and did well and was getting 80%+ on the practice BE questions but they tested a lot of LLP and LLC questions and focused on discrete topics I had never seen before. I level the afternoon session feeling like a 30% on the FL MC would be a REALLY good score for me. So I guess I am stuck wondering if I got 60%+ on the essays and a 30% on the FL MC - if the curve will be enough to get that to a passing score.

kinseyjo

New

Postby kinseyjo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:27 am

Less than two weeks... who else is stressing the f out.

yennem

New

Postby yennem » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:32 am

kinseyjo wrote:Less than two weeks... who else is stressing the f out.

Without a doubt

johngotti

New

Postby johngotti » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:21 pm

yep freaking out and worried I'll have to be at the Convention Center again in July

Jmart082

Bronze

Postby Jmart082 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:07 am

johngotti wrote:yep freaking out and worried I'll have to be at the Convention Center again in July

THIS, 100%

yennem

New

Postby yennem » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:20 am

Jmart082 wrote:
johngotti wrote:yep freaking out and worried I'll have to be at the Convention Center again in July

THIS, 100%

I never want to hear that voice in the sky ever again!

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Postby Smiddywesson » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:35 pm

I was happy and confident when I finished, but with each passing day I grow more and more filled with dread. This is horrible. Nobody warned me most of the anxiety of this process was back loaded. The fear and intimidation of taking the bar pales in comparison to waiting on the results.

Jmart082

Bronze

Postby Jmart082 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:34 pm

Smiddywesson wrote:

I was happy and confident when I finished, but with each passing day I grow more and more filled with dread. This is horrible. Nobody warned me most of the anxiety of this process was back loaded. The fear and intimidation of taking the bar pales in comparison to waiting on the results.

Lowering my expectations to nothing has benefited my mental health considerably. I find myself evoking Ivan Drago in Rocky IV a lot, saying "if I fail, I fail."

yennem

New

Postby yennem » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:37 pm

I have that feeling in my core like I failed again... I felt like I did better walking out this time around but with all this time I now feel the emptiness... 1 week to go....

FLThrowaway

New

Postby FLThrowaway » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:22 am

yennem wrote:I have that feeling in my core like I failed again... I felt like I did better walking out this time around but with all this time I now feel the emptiness... 1 week to go....

I will probably need to be drunk all weekend to pass the time until Monday. Does anyone know what time of day results are usually released?

yennem

New

Postby yennem » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:34 am

FLThrowaway wrote:
yennem wrote:I have that feeling in my core like I failed again... I felt like I did better walking out this time around but with all this time I now feel the emptiness... 1 week to go....

I will probably need to be drunk all weekend to pass the time until Monday. Does anyone know what time of day results are usually released?

9am

Jmart082

Bronze

Postby Jmart082 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:25 am

yennem wrote:
FLThrowaway wrote:

9am

Thanks for the heads up on the 9 AM release date. I've preemptively taken off from work. It'll be a bad decision to be in the office regardless of the outcome.

yennem

New

Postby yennem » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:07 am

Jmart082 wrote:
yennem wrote:
FLThrowaway wrote:

9am

Thanks for the heads up on the 9 AM release date. I've preemptively taken off from work. It'll be a bad decision to be in the office regardless of the outcome.

I have a mandatory workshop that I'm presumably supposed to be running.... regardless of the results I think its best I take off as well.

Derek Vinyard

New

Postby Derek Vinyard » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:17 pm

So the scores are released on Monday? Good luck all.

Azwildcat

New

Postby Azwildcat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:17 am

Supreme Court website is down. Too much activity.

yennem

New

Postby yennem » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:42 am

Azwildcat wrote:Supreme Court website is down. Too much activity.

Scores are late.... new approval process apparently :( im freaking out

Jmart082

Bronze

Postby Jmart082 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 am

yennem wrote:

I guess it isn't just our elections system that's ass-backwards.

mystikal

New

Postby mystikal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:57 am

yennem wrote:

Where was this posted?

Azwildcat

New

Postby Azwildcat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:02 am

This system is archaic. Texas bar emails you your results and our website never crashed like this when you’re looking for your name on the list.

Jmart082

Bronze

Postby Jmart082 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:03 am

Don't worry guys, I'm told that they have Dr. Brenda Snipes all over it. We'll have the results by next Wednesday at the latest.

kinseyjo

New

Postby kinseyjo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:15 am

Well this is some bullshit.

Azwildcat

New

Postby Azwildcat » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:17 am

Passed somehow. No idea how. I totally blew the Florida section.

mystikal

New

Postby mystikal » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:21 am

passed

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?