Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Azwildcat

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Postby Azwildcat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:00 pm

Unfortunately, I handwrote the essays and didn’t know enough law to hit all those issues. I practice personal injury in Texas, so I thought I dominated the torts essay but didn’t mention Fabre. Never heard of it actually. Trusts was the one topic I studied the least. I hit family law/dependency and FL con law hard since it seems like they love testing those. I think being mediocre on the essays and not doing so well on the FL MC, I’ll be back in Tampa in July.

New

Postby 11523 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:33 am

I included a little more on discrete issues - like the food truck being a vehicle and that perfection would require notation on the title but here I was simply trying to make sure I had the big picture topics listed.

I did not touch on FL Con Law for the Secured Trans question because I believe (and I could be wrong) the call of the question told you that you represented Loan Co. It also asked us to discuss any other causes of action Loan Co. could bring. I really didn't have a great answer for that - I just threw negligence against the borrower for damaging the food truck by driving when distraught and I threw conversion out there by saying that since she intentionally hid the vehicle over which she knew Loan Co. had a legal claim she had committed to tort of conversion - I have literally no clue if either of those make any sense at all but because I had the time and they don't deduct points I put them out there.

New

Postby 11523 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:17 pm

I don't think there was a PMSI in the truck because she already owned the truck and didn't use the loan proceeds to purchase the truck. And yes, on the accession question the argument I believe was that Loan Co. had a security interest in the equipment because it became attached to the truck in such away that removing it would cause significant damage to the truck - its similar to the fixture rule - and if that is the case then the person with good security interest in the truck would also have it in the equipment.

I can't remember now if I address the after acquired property clause. I know at first I didn't because I didn't think the language was sufficient to create one. But I vaguely recall going back in right before I left and actually creating a subsection that addressed that point - but that could just be me being hopeful.

I really racked my brain on other cause of action - I swear I sat for 10 minutes before I turned my test in literally going through every cause of action I could think of.

Overall I felt very good about the essays - my practice essays were always about 60% except in Sec Trans and this seemed to me to be a relatively easy Sec Trans question. I am just hoping my essays can save me from the FL MC - Wills was my weakest subject by far and I felt like they tested second level wills questions. BE is generally one of my stronger subjects as I took the class and did well and was getting 80%+ on the practice BE questions but they tested a lot of LLP and LLC questions and focused on discrete topics I had never seen before. I level the afternoon session feeling like a 30% on the FL MC would be a REALLY good score for me. So I guess I am stuck wondering if I got 60%+ on the essays and a 30% on the FL MC - if the curve will be enough to get that to a passing score.

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum?