Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ELerner

New

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by ELerner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:20 am

I'm confused. I got Part A fail, Part B pass, Overall Pass, but Authorized to be Sworn in "No."

What's that mean? Did I pass??? Is the "no" just an indication that they're still examining my character stuff under a microscope?

yennem

New

Post by yennem » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 am

ELerner wrote:I'm confused. I got Part A fail, Part B pass, Overall Pass, but Authorized to be Sworn in "No."

What's that mean? Did I pass??? Is the "no" just an indication that they're still examining my character stuff under a microscope?

Generally it has to do with the status of your character and fitness or MPRE status. You should be getting a letter by Wednesday indicating exactly what's happening.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 am

ELerner wrote:I'm confused. I got Part A fail, Part B pass, Overall Pass, but Authorized to be Sworn in "No."

You passed it's character and fitness stuff. It generally takes a few months for them to review that or longer if you've had issues in your background.

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:28 am

I failed the MBE (LoL) but passed the Florida portion. Sigh.

Can you use a previous passing Florida MBE score? Or do I have to take the MBE again in February??

MustpassBar

New

Post by MustpassBar » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:33 am

I failed both again...now my MPRE score will expire in November.

Came within 4 points of passing last time, we'll see about this time when I receive results.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:39 am

Passed every portion having suspected that I failed every portion (I even stressed vomited in between the morning and afternoon portions of the MBE). I can't believe this is real life.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:40 am

FloridaLawyer2B wrote:I failed the MBE (LoL) but passed the Florida portion. Sigh.

Can you use a previous passing Florida MBE score? Or do I have to take the MBE again in February??
You'll have to get a 136 on the MBE in February. You could take both portions again and it won't affect your passing score on Florida but that's a lot of extra studying.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 am

Jmart082 wrote:Passed every portion having suspected that I failed every portion (I even stressed vomited in between the morning and afternoon portions of the MBE). I can't believe this is real life.
Congrats, what materials did you use to study for the FL portion?

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:47 am

johngotti wrote:
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:I failed the MBE (LoL) but passed the Florida portion. Sigh.

You'll have to get a 136 on the MBE in February. You could take both portions again and it won't affect your passing score on Florida but that's a lot of extra studying.
Yeah I think I’ll just focus on the MBE. The Florida portion was brutal. I’m wondering though if maybe I did well enough on Part A that I actually passed. I had to redo the MPRE because my old score expired. Just took that in August and only got my new score last week....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:47 am

johngotti wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:Passed every portion having suspected that I failed every portion (I even stressed vomited in between the morning and afternoon portions of the MBE). I can't believe this is real life.
I used Vital Bar Prep's subject outlines almost exclusively and read and outlined the BarBri model answers for every topic.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 am

Jmart082 wrote:
johngotti wrote:
I used Vital Bar Prep's subject outlines almost exclusively and read and outlined the BarBri model answers for every topic.
Thanks I'll look into those. Spent a ton more time on MBE prep as opposed to FL but that won't be a problem for February.

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:59 am

johngotti wrote:
Jmart082 wrote:
johngotti wrote:
Thanks I'll look into those. Spent a ton more time on MBE prep as opposed to FL but that won't be a problem for February.
PM me, I'm happy to share whatever I have because having experienced the retake struggle firsthand, I know how much it sucks.

New

Post by 0134580 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:12 am

Passed all even though I could’ve sworn I failed all. I ran out of time for the mbe, for both morning and afternoon, and basically had to guess for the last 15 to 20 questions on both sessions. Then, I was so nervous on florida, I missed issues and did not complete the ethics question ( I ran out of time). I thought the florida multiple choice was super easy, but mbe was brutal in my opinion. And I will say the shit I did know, I knew cold... with all that said, I’m just glad I passed, not sure how tho lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:06 pm

So Part A pass, Part B fail....do you still pass????

Not eligible to be sworn in, but my new MPRE score just got released last week...character and fitness clearance is fine.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 pm

FloridaLawyer2B wrote:So Part A pass, Part B fail....do you still pass????

Not eligible to be sworn in, but my new MPRE score just got released last week...character and fitness clearance is fine.
What's your overall status? That's what says whether you passed or failed.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:19 pm

I failed the MBE for a third time. I want to give up this is too much commotion and devastation.

johngotti

Bronze

Post by johngotti » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:39 pm

Allegedly88 wrote:I failed the MBE for a third time. I want to give up this is too much commotion and devastation.
Really sorry to hear, keep your head up.

For anyone who's having trouble with the mbe I'd highly suggest the adaptibar lectures with Jon Grossman, infinitely better and less time consuming than the big commercial bar prep companies.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:47 pm

johngotti wrote:
Allegedly88 wrote:I failed the MBE for a third time. I want to give up this is too much commotion and devastation.

For anyone who's having trouble with the mbe I'd highly suggest the adaptibar lectures with Jon Grossman, infinitely better and less time consuming than the big commercial bar prep companies.
Cannot emphasize this enough. His lectures in conjunction with Adaptibar was the extent of my MBE prep.

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:33 pm

johngotti wrote:

I failed overall. So frustrating.

I will check out these lectures because I can’t afford to buy Barbri again and only for the MBE in Feb

Jmart082

Bronze

Post by Jmart082 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:16 pm

FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
johngotti wrote:

I will check out these lectures because I can’t afford to buy Barbri again and only for the MBE in Feb
PM me. Happy to share whatever materials I have (a lot of them).

wyoming92

New

Post by wyoming92 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:52 pm

Passed A and B individually and YES to be sworn in (passed the MPRE in 2018).

Did 88% Themis, Critical Pass to review, and then the areas I was weakest in on FL Mult. Choice I made flash cards of wrong answers distilled into a one sentence rule of law (so only had time for at the end to make 60-70 flash cards, mostly corporate entities which weren’t on the exam).

Other stats:
Got 93% of Themis MBE questions taken, but only 60% of these correct. Weakest subject 56%, strongest subject 64%.

Got 100% of Themis Florida MPC questions taken but only 50% of these correct. Of course not all of these are multiple choice subjects. Those ones I ranged from 42% to 55%

Did, or just read and retyped/summarized 56% of the practice essays. The graded ones ranged from low to super high at the end (I did LEEWS method 1L year so that helped prep me to bar exam essay write).

Don’t know my stats yet on Florida, but I know I rocked the essays and felt sh*t about the Multiple Choice. It was all 1L subjects plus Florida nuances on the essays. MBE: felt awful and thought I’d fail that section.

Timing-wise I used all my time for Florida essays (with 10 minutes of formatting and making it “pretty” and easy to read), left 40 minutes early on Florida multiple choice, MBE morning I left with an hour to spare, and MBE afternoon I left with 1.5 hours to spare. I either knew it or I didn’t and chose between two answers. Felt like MBE was nothing like the Themis answers so I’m pleasantly surprised.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

FloridaLawyer2B

New

Post by FloridaLawyer2B » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Jmart082 wrote:
FloridaLawyer2B wrote:
johngotti wrote:

PM me. Happy to share whatever materials I have (a lot of them).
Message sent

Lawonomics

New

Post by Lawonomics » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 pm

Passed A and Failed B but Passed overall. And am eligible to be sworn in.

I did 70% of Barbri, Critical Pass...but I really went hard with Florida, using their old exams and doing a lot of practice essays. I should have done more practice MBE questions obviously. I also used a website that had good Florida Bar info called APlus Books. Also to save time, I used Quizlet for flashcards (some Fl Bar ones are already made).

I was really running short on my MBE time. If I had to do everything all over I probably would have used critical pass more and have gotten Adaptibar.

Hooyah

New

Post by Hooyah » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 pm

Congrats J Mart on passing! And congrats to everyone else who passed. :)

I'll be taking the Florida part (re-taking) in February...good times lol.

Allegedly88

New

Post by Allegedly88 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:18 pm

johngotti wrote:

I used those lectures and still failed. I might just give this up i dont know if its worth the stress. Its slowly killing me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”