Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hockeyman969

Bronze

Re: Florida Bar Exam - Official Thread

Post by hockeyman969 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 pm

trey ohh five wrote:
avamango wrote:
ThisMan wrote:PASSED BOTH PARTS!! Who else is in the "passed but not yet authorized to be sworn in club"? How concerned should I be??
I'm in this club. Also not sure how concerned I should be. I know there are a couple outstanding requests from them for updates on my information. Once I mail those back in, will I be good to go?
When did you send in your application to character and fitness? The FL Board of Bar Examiners typically takes 5-6 months to clear an applicant.
Mine is moving through, lol. They don't want info, they just want documents.

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:25 pm

mehiguess wrote:Failed FBE. Passed MBE. OVERALL PASS. :-)
I was waiting to here from you! I was expecting the same result, but surprisingly Passed both. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS OVERALL PASSSSSS :D

trey ohh five

New

Post by trey ohh five » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:25 pm

I submitted my application mid-March. Was afraid I wouldn't get clearance until after the results were out (would've been an awkward convo to have with my firm), but luckily I got clearance two weeks ago.

trey ohh five

New

Post by trey ohh five » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Congrats to everyone else that passed.

To those that didn't, keep your head up and try again in Feb. You'll be fine.

ThisMan

New

Post by ThisMan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:58 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
trey ohh five wrote:
avamango wrote:
ThisMan wrote:PASSED BOTH PARTS!! Who else is in the "passed but not yet authorized to be sworn in club"? How concerned should I be??
I'm in this club. Also not sure how concerned I should be. I know there are a couple outstanding requests from them for updates on my information. Once I mail those back in, will I be good to go?
When did you send in your application to character and fitness? The FL Board of Bar Examiners typically takes 5-6 months to clear an applicant.

I sent in everything and even requested a status update. They said they had everything so I have no idea what the hold-up is. Hopefully, it's a typo and I'm already cleared :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:35 pm

I was absolutely shocked when I found out that I passed both parts today. That was a great feeling. Thank you, FL Bar, for releasing the results in the morning.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:03 pm

That's how I thought I would wind up, MBE saved the day.

Shocked to see pass pass pass.

Usa0523

New

Post by Usa0523 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Why does ga take longer than fl? I'm sick of waiting

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 am

Pass302 wrote:
I was waiting to here from you! I was expecting the same result, but surprisingly Passed both. BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART IS OVERALL PASSSSSS :D
Yea I don't care how I passed I just wanted to. Been with friends and family and drinking and celebrating all day or I would have posted sooner. Tomorrow I go to work as an attorney. Well done all!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Derek Vinyard

New

Post by Derek Vinyard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:23 am

Fail for me. I knew I was going to fail the Fbe, but at least had a shot at the mbe. It appears I may be in the 130's for the mbe, but still awaiting score. I heard that not a lot of people tend to get scores that fail by only a point or 2, but this happens to me on every exam. In any case, I will be trying again in Feburary. I know its a little early at this point, but this forum is great resource and if anyone wants to exchange any information or materials, let me know. Thanks.
Last edited by Derek Vinyard on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:06 am

Just wanna say thanks to the anonymous test takers who were listed above and below me, you also passing the Bar made me a lot more confident as I was trying to make sure I was lining up my applicant ID with the result properly!

lapin

New

Post by lapin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 am

I was looking over the PDFs yesterday and did you notice that almost every single person at the end of the last page failed? The people with the numbers a lot different from most of the test takers. I wonder what that's about.

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:43 am

I got another letter requesting more documents andnid was missing that graph with results. I called and asked and they responded that means I've satisfied all testing requirements, that's all.

Now to c&f and the stuff I was afraid they were gonna ask for, which is gonna ignite another civil war.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pass302

New

Post by Pass302 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:46 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:I got another letter requesting more documents andnid was missing that graph with results. I called and asked and they responded that means I've satisfied all testing requirements, that's all.

Now to c&f and the stuff I was afraid they were gonna ask for, which is gonna ignite another civil war.
What is going on with you application?! Let you innnnn

Tony48

New

Post by Tony48 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:54 pm

Lurker here. Just wanted to say that I passed!

How I managed to escape that Florida portion.....I'll never know, lol. But like most, I left the exam feeling like I had bombed it. But deep down, I knew that I had studied too damn hard (and spent too much money) to mess it up.

redsox550

Post by redsox550 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:01 pm

lapin wrote:I was looking over the PDFs yesterday and did you notice that almost every single person at the end of the last page failed? The people with the numbers a lot different from most of the test takers. I wonder what that's about.
Pretty sure those are the people that are taking the test for the eighth time. Like I think u get a weird number if you a previously failed test taker

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Pass302 wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:I got another letter requesting more documents andnid was missing that graph with results. I called and asked and they responded that means I've satisfied all testing requirements, that's all.

What is going on with you application?! Let you innnnn

I wish, the court had to do research about releasing a docket sheet under court rules (nasty divorce) that took a while. I send it in and get a request for a bunch of documents. Will happen on the next round of paperwork.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:15 pm

lapin wrote:I was looking over the PDFs yesterday and did you notice that almost every single person at the end of the last page failed? The people with the numbers a lot different from most of the test takers. I wonder what that's about.
It's even weirder to be the only pass in a sea of 6 consecutive fails before me. Heart was racing looking at the page and a feeling of the need to puke before I get to pass pass pass.

Derek Vinyard

New

Post by Derek Vinyard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:45 pm

hockeyman969 wrote:
trey ohh five wrote:
avamango wrote:
They want tons of documents. I received a letter from them every single weekend with some other document or person they wanted me to call or email to send something to them through the regular mail. Some times I got 2 letters every week. I guess some people like this method, but email and electronic communications are SO much faster. :evil:

hockeyman969

Bronze

Post by hockeyman969 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Derek Vinyard wrote:
hockeyman969 wrote:
trey ohh five wrote:
avamango wrote:
They want tons of documents. I received a letter from them every single weekend with some other document or person they wanted me to call or email to send something to them through the regular mail. Some times I got 2 letters every week. I guess some people like this method, but email and electronic communications are SO much faster. :evil:
NJ was all electronic. NY once you clear to interview you get to email. I haven't had to call though, had one issue in NJ that I worked with an Attorney on to craft and affidavit, I'm guessing that did the trick.

RC76

New

Post by RC76 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Scores came in mail today. I took barbri, did about 85% of their assignments and ended up with 160 on part A, 153 on MBE. I felt they really prepared me as best they could. Their simulated exam had Wills/BE combo that appeared on the bar, and i thought their Florida MC questions were spot on. I dont think anyone could have predicted the essay subjects we ended up getting. It's as if the Board of Examiners wanted to be unpredictable. Now to get sworn in and find a job.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:10 pm

I got a 162 on the Florida portion and a 168 on the MBE. I must have killed the FL MC because my FL essays were seriously bad.(to my credit, I was much better at Wills and Estates and Partnerships/Corps than Evidence) Is the MBE score transferable?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:05 pm

lavarman84 wrote:I got a 162 on the Florida portion and a 168 on the MBE. I must have killed the FL MC because my FL essays were seriously bad.(to my credit, I was much better at Wills and Estates and Partnerships/Corps than Evidence) Is the MBE score transferable?
Damn dude, you smoked the MBE.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
lavarman84 wrote:I got a 162 on the Florida portion and a 168 on the MBE. I must have killed the FL MC because my FL essays were seriously bad.(to my credit, I was much better at Wills and Estates and Partnerships/Corps than Evidence) Is the MBE score transferable?
Damn dude, you smoked the MBE.
Thanks. I focused the vast majority of my study time on it. I was still really surprised because I thought the afternoon portion was brutal.

lapin

New

Post by lapin » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:36 pm

For those that failed, you can pass the bar if you do the work and put your mind to it. There is no doubt in my mind.

A little background on me, to illustrate. I graduated law school in 2004, took & passed Connecticut then, and have been working in CT ever since.

13 years later I was approached with an opportunity in Florida that intrigued me. The problem is that 95% plus of the bar subjects have nothing to do with my work, so if you asked me to define evidence, let alone tell you rules and answer questions about it, I would have laughed at you.

I started studying in March, while working full time, and did this for 4 months. It was the most ridiculous 4 months of my life, but I did it. Work, dinner, study, gym, study 5 days a week. Marathon study sessions all day and night on the weekends. Rinse and repeat. I passed up a lot of opportunities to hang out with friends and family. Three things allowed me to keep this schedule: absolute desire and commitment to doing it, an extremely understanding girlfriend, and the fact that I don't have any kids.

I only took one week off from my job before the exam, and passed both Parts A & B.

The moral of this post is that if I can do it, working full time, and only taking one week off before the exam, then you can as well. The most important thing I can tell you is to be committed. Really f'n committed. It was the most intense 4 months of my life and I still can't believe that I did it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”