CA July 2015 - Themis Study Buddies

paulshortys10

Re: CA July 2015 - Themis Study Buddies

Postby paulshortys10 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Charger wrote:Consider how quiet or loud the clock is. Cause I use this little travel one and the ticking drives me so crazy that sometimes I can't even concentrate. I need to get another one.

What a nice little cheap quiet clock?
Anyone know if we can bring coffee/caffeine pils in there? Are we even allowed water. Are we allowed to breathe?

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:01 am

paulshortys10 wrote:
Charger wrote:Consider how quiet or loud the clock is. Cause I use this little travel one and the ticking drives me so crazy that sometimes I can't even concentrate. I need to get another one.

Anyone know if we can bring coffee/caffeine pils in there? Are we even allowed water. Are we allowed to breathe?

Probably no on the pills, but I was shocked to find out we can bring an external mouse and keyboard for the non-MBE days, as well as foot rests, back supports, etc. Who the hell brings all of this stuff? I don't think I have a clear plastic bag that big enough!

sopranorleone

Postby sopranorleone » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:11 am

MarcZero wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:

Probably no on the pills, but I was shocked to find out we can bring an external mouse and keyboard for the non-MBE days, as well as foot rests, back supports, etc. Who the hell brings all of this stuff? I don't think I have a clear plastic bag that big enough!

I'm wondering how big the desk/space we get is, considering they allow book stands, external keyboards, and shit

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 am

sopranorleone wrote:
MarcZero wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:

I'm wondering how big the desk/space we get is, considering they allow book stands, external keyboards, and shit

I am also curious. Anyone know someone who already took the CA bar?

hopefulIPgirl

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:52 am

MarcZero wrote:
sopranorleone wrote:
MarcZero wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:

I heard from other folks that you get half a long table (those conference room style tables). Several people recommended a small pillow for back support. They also said to not expect the exam to start/finish on time. You'll be sitting there in anticipation for a long time before you can begin. That's all I know. . .

sopranorleone

Postby sopranorleone » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:07 pm

hopefulIPgirl wrote:
MarcZero wrote:
sopranorleone wrote:
MarcZero wrote:
paulshortys10 wrote:

I heard from other folks that you get half a long table (those conference room style tables). Several people recommended a small pillow for back support. They also said to not expect the exam to start/finish on time. You'll be sitting there in anticipation for a long time before you can begin. That's all I know. . .

Good info--thank you!

lameslice57

Postby lameslice57 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:43 pm

Can we bring a bookbag? What do we bring our computer in?

bayareadunks

Postby bayareadunks » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:51 am

Took the bar exam in July 2013 at the Santa Clara Convention Center. At that location, as mentioned above, you share a long, conference-style wooden table with one other person. Plenty of room to spread your papers/computer out. You are assigned a seat. Expect lots of waiting/listening to instructions. Depending on how large your testing location is, locate the water station closest to you so that if you get thirsty in the middle of the test, you won't be wandering and wasting time. I can't remember if I brought a mouse, nor can I remember if I brought a bookbag for my computer. From what I remember, they allow you to leave your bookbag outside of the testing room, and they have some administrator watching all the bags. And you leave your computer there during the lunch break. Scope out the test location a day before, just to get comfortable.

juniormint33

Postby juniormint33 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:28 pm

How much weight are you guys giving all of this "before 1985" "after 1976" crap in CP? B/c today is the first time I'm looking at it since watching the lectures and I'm thinking it's just not worth the time.

hopefulIPgirl

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:56 pm

juniormint33 wrote:How much weight are you guys giving all of this "before 1985" "after 1976" crap in CP? B/c today is the first time I'm looking at it since watching the lectures and I'm thinking it's just not worth the time.

Most of the questions I have seen don't make the date an issue for Lucas/Anti-Lucas and the Married Woman Presumption. So I'm not really focusing on it as something to know cold.

MarcZero

Postby MarcZero » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:10 pm

So is it just me or was that Practice Test just weird?

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”