Best review for taking second state bar exam

nowinGA

Best review for taking second state bar exam

Postby nowinGA » Thu May 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Suggestions for the best way to review for a second exam? I passed NY last July (did Themis) with a fine, but not glowing, MBE. Taking a UBE this July.

Slightly concerned about the MBE addition of civ pro, just because I haven't drilled it like I have everything else.

Adaptibar? Barbri mini review? Critical pass? MEE book for UBE essays?

Suggestions appreciated!

underthirty

Re: Best review for taking second state bar exam

Postby underthirty » Thu May 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Last edited by underthirty on Sat May 30, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nowinGA

Re: Best review for taking second state bar exam

Postby nowinGA » Thu May 14, 2015 4:58 pm

underthirty wrote:Kaplan did a great job on the Civ Pro MBE this past February. You can get the Qbank and MBE audio lectures for $299. I prefer Kaplan's Bar Points to BarBri's CMR for learning the law and recommend Barbri's MEE Testing and MPT books for practicing the written portion of the UBE. You can probably get all three of those books on eBay for less than $200. If you still have your Themis MPT supplies, you can skip the BarBri MPT book.

Great, thanks! Yes, I have all of my Themis stuff, so I'll use the MBE and MPT stuff. I just need to add Civ Pro (though the NY State Bar had Federal Civ Pro as one of its potential essay topics, so I have that book too.)

I'll check out that Kaplan Bar Points!

Edit: for the MEE, do you need 2 books (outline and workbook-"testing")?...I am looking on ebay and it seems like there a different colored ones that all say they are 2014, so I am sort of confused about which are the most current. Barbri has a LOT more books than Themis does (and I barely ever cracked my Themis ones)...

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”