July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

K Rock

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby K Rock » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:10 pm

I took Thursday off because (a) I know I will get zero work done and (b) I don't want to face all my coworkers in the event that I fail.

yachterotter

Postby yachterotter » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm

:shock:

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:52 pm

K Rock wrote:I took Thursday off because (a) I know I will get zero work done and (b) I don't want to face all my coworkers in the event that I fail.

Same

bg9903

Postby bg9903 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:49 am

These last few days have been crap; not being able to sleep, lack of wanting to do anything, along with the feeling of defeat before Thursday is just awful. I find it very therapeutic to not only come here to vent, but to also read what everyone else is going through. To me, people of the non-legal world try to comfort you but I feel they just don't get what the bar is and what it takes from you. So thank you all for letting me vent today and best wishes to everyone on Thursday. I saw a quote from another thread that I think fits perfectly, I modified it just a tad but it is not entirely mines so I cannot take credit; 'We have all worked hard, make sure once you pass you give a middle finger to the bar examiners!'

Bexy73

Postby Bexy73 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:31 am

bg9903 wrote:These last few days have been crap; not being able to sleep, lack of wanting to do anything, along with the feeling of defeat before Thursday is just awful. I find it very therapeutic to not only come here to vent, but to also read what everyone else is going through. To me, people of the non-legal world try to comfort you but I feel they just don't get what the bar is and what it takes from you. So thank you all for letting me vent today and best wishes to everyone on Thursday. I saw a quote from another thread that I think fits perfectly, I modified it just a tad but it is not entirely mines so I cannot take credit; 'We have all worked hard, make sure once you pass you give a middle finger to the bar examiners!'

I feel exactly the same way. Best of luck to all as we wait out these last excruciating days!

ImSoF-ed

Postby ImSoF-ed » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:39 am

Has ANYONE else NOT received their Character and Fitness Recommendation letter??? Does this mean I failed and they don't care to finish my application? Do you guys think there's a correlation? I sure hope not... :?:

K Rock

Postby K Rock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:50 am

ImSoF-ed wrote:Has ANYONE else NOT received their Character and Fitness Recommendation letter??? Does this mean I failed and they don't care to finish my application? Do you guys think there's a correlation? I sure hope not... :?:

I doubt it. I think the Character and Fitness comittee and the grading comittee are two separate entities. Have you been contacted at all by your C&F person? Check your spam folder.

theinvisiblehand

Postby theinvisiblehand » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:57 am

K Rock wrote:
ImSoF-ed wrote:Has ANYONE else NOT received their Character and Fitness Recommendation letter??? Does this mean I failed and they don't care to finish my application? Do you guys think there's a correlation? I sure hope not... :?:

I doubt it. I think the Character and Fitness comittee and the grading comittee are two separate entities. Have you been contacted at all by your C&F person? Check your spam folder.

I agree. And if you haven't heard from your c&f person, try contacting her to see if there is a problem, because you probably should have heard by now. My c&f processor was very nice and willing to answer questions about my c&f status.

ImSoF-ed

Postby ImSoF-ed » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:04 pm

theinvisiblehand wrote:
K Rock wrote:

I agree. And if you haven't heard from your c&f person, try contacting her to see if there is a problem, because you probably should have heard by now. My c&f processor was very nice and willing to answer questions about my c&f status.

Yea I was contacted 2 times, both in the last 2 months... the first was about my references saying that 1 of them had not sent in the form that was mailed to them.... and then the last time was like a month ago when I got a C&F letter on my ilbaradmissions account asking me to update some information about one of my tickets... but I have not heard anything since.

Also, when you say have i heard from my C&F person, is that the same as my application processor from the IL Board of Admissions? Or is there a separate C&F processor?

I truthfully don't think there's a correlation because I know plenty of people who got their recommendation letter prior to even sitting for the bar, so clearly the C&F had no idea if they were going to pass or not. But I was just curious what you guys think cuz its freaking me out!

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:26 pm

I had a meeting with Character and Fitness last Thursday, supposedly the Character and Fitness committee knows the results already. SOOOOOOOOOOOO where the fuck are they!?!

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:29 pm

I literally just got my C&F letter right now... and of course I almost had a heart-attack thinking it's THE result...

K Rock

Postby K Rock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:35 pm

swimmer11 wrote:I had a meeting with Character and Fitness last Thursday, supposedly the Character and Fitness committee knows the results already. SOOOOOOOOOOOO where the fuck are they!?!

How do you know? Did they tell you that?

grizz20

Postby grizz20 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Where do we get the results? Thanks

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:38 pm

grizz20 wrote:Where do we get the results? Thanks

Supposedly they will post it to your personal page like how they send you your admission tickets and C&F certifications.

swimmer11

Postby swimmer11 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:39 pm

kyle010723

Postby kyle010723 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:48 pm

swimmer11 wrote:I had a meeting with Character and Fitness last Thursday, supposedly the Character and Fitness committee knows the results already. SOOOOOOOOOOOO where the fuck are they!?!

She told you this? Implied?

grizz20

Postby grizz20 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Thanks Kyle

tigershark

Postby tigershark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Hey can you guys be a little more specific about this C&F letter? I got the "update your contact info" email but I don't recall a recommendation letter? Could this be because I still have to take the MPRE? Or is this letter just saying hey we got all of your materials (stuff from school/dean's recommendation, etc)?
Last edited by tigershark on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K Rock

Postby K Rock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:12 pm

We are pleased to advise that your application has been recommended for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness. This certification is subject to withdrawal on the basis of new information or conduct engaged in prior to your admission to the bar, including the cumulative effect of such information or conduct.

In the interim and at all times prior to your admission to the Illinois bar, you are under a continuing duty to update and continue to report fully and completely to our office any information that might reasonably be deemed to bear in any way upon your character and fitness. You must also immediately advise the Board of any change of address by entering and saving the new information on your Personal Info page at www.ilbaradmissions.org. This is the only acceptable method for revision.

Finally, please be advised that Supreme Court Rule 708(g) provides that if you do not take your oath within nine months from the date of your recommendation for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness, you will be required to formally update your application and be recertified before you may be licensed. You will also, pursuant to Rule 706(h), be required to submit a $450 recertification fee.

If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to email or call.

I received this message on June 1st. If you haven't taken the MPRE you probably wouldn't have gotten it.

tigershark

Postby tigershark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:13 pm

K Rock wrote:
We are pleased to advise that your application has been recommended for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness. This certification is subject to withdrawal on the basis of new information or conduct engaged in prior to your admission to the bar, including the cumulative effect of such information or conduct.

In the interim and at all times prior to your admission to the Illinois bar, you are under a continuing duty to update and continue to report fully and completely to our office any information that might reasonably be deemed to bear in any way upon your character and fitness. You must also immediately advise the Board of any change of address by entering and saving the new information on your Personal Info page at http://www.ilbaradmissions.org. This is the only acceptable method for revision.

Finally, please be advised that Supreme Court Rule 708(g) provides that if you do not take your oath within nine months from the date of your recommendation for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness, you will be required to formally update your application and be recertified before you may be licensed. You will also, pursuant to Rule 706(h), be required to submit a $450 recertification fee.

I received this message on June 1st. If you haven't taken the MPRE you probably wouldn't have gotten it.

Can you give a quick synopsis of what is said/what is was about? Minor panic attack right now. Sorry!

ImSoF-ed

Postby ImSoF-ed » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 pm

tigershark wrote:
K Rock wrote:

In the interim and at all times prior to your admission to the Illinois bar, you are under a continuing duty to update and continue to report fully and completely to our office any information that might reasonably be deemed to bear in any way upon your character and fitness. You must also immediately advise the Board of any change of address by entering and saving the new information on your Personal Info page at http://www.ilbaradmissions.org. This is the only acceptable method for revision.

Can you give a quick synopsis of what is said/what is was about? Minor panic attack right now. Sorry!

I took the July bar and I passed the MPRE and I haven't received the letter yet either... hopefully this is not an indication that I failed.

K Rock

Postby K Rock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:16 pm

tigershark wrote:Can you give a quick synopsis of what is said/what is was about? Minor panic attack right now. Sorry!

I literally just copied and pasted the text of it, which you also quoted when you responded...

theinvisiblehand

Postby theinvisiblehand » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:19 pm

I took the July bar and got the recommendation letter from c&f a couple of weeks before the exam. The bar did not have my mpre results because I literally just sent them to Illinois this morning. But there is no connection between c&f and bar exam passage, as far as I've been told. Don't worry about that.

ImSoF-ed

Postby ImSoF-ed » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:29 pm

theinvisiblehand wrote:I took the July bar and got the recommendation letter from c&f a couple of weeks before the exam. The bar did not have my mpre results because I literally just sent them to Illinois this morning. But there is no connection between c&f and bar exam passage, as far as I've been told. Don't worry about that.

Thank you for the response. I really hope your right!

tigershark

Postby tigershark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:36 pm

K Rock wrote:
tigershark wrote:Can you give a quick synopsis of what is said/what is was about? Minor panic attack right now. Sorry!

I literally just copied and pasted the text of it, which you also quoted when you responded...

Yeah...I see that now. I didn't read carefully. I thought it was my quoted text. Blah. :oops:

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”