July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby tigershark » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:47 pm

azx860 wrote:Is the C&F meeting just for people with question marks on their application? We shouldn't be concerned not to get a meeting if we already received a certification letter, right?


Also interested in this.

mpp1988
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby mpp1988 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:51 pm

tigershark wrote:
azx860 wrote:Is the C&F meeting just for people with question marks on their application? We shouldn't be concerned not to get a meeting if we already received a certification letter, right?


Also interested in this.


It's more concerning to have a C&F interview. I had one and it went fine, but it was because certain things were on my C&F application that were not on my law school application. It gives you a chance to explain yourself and a chance for them to make sure you're not a terrible person.

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby skers » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:53 pm

tigershark wrote:
azx860 wrote:Is the C&F meeting just for people with question marks on their application? We shouldn't be concerned not to get a meeting if we already received a certification letter, right?


Also interested in this.


stop law studenting out over this. if you got certified you're good.

swimmer11
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby swimmer11 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:00 pm

Well, work is certainly difficult today.

Bexy73
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:35 am

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby Bexy73 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:04 pm

swimmer11 wrote:Well, work is certainly difficult today.


Yes, it is. I'm right there with you.

K Rock
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby K Rock » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Bexy73 wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:Well, work is certainly difficult today.


Yes, it is. I'm right there with you.


I had something important to do for work this morning that I thankfully finished on time. It was nice to have something to take my mind off the bar. Now that that's done though I have been extremely unproductive.

Bexy73
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:35 am

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby Bexy73 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:12 pm

K Rock wrote:
Bexy73 wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:Well, work is certainly difficult today.


Yes, it is. I'm right there with you.


I had something important to do for work this morning that I thankfully finished on time. It was nice to have something to take my mind off the bar. Now that that's done though I have been extremely unproductive.


I'm thinking that we'll know by this time tomorrow. We should be out of our misery soon and back to our old, productive selves!

swimmer11
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby swimmer11 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Bexy73 wrote:
K Rock wrote:
Bexy73 wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:Well, work is certainly difficult today.


Yes, it is. I'm right there with you.


I had something important to do for work this morning that I thankfully finished on time. It was nice to have something to take my mind off the bar. Now that that's done though I have been extremely unproductive.


I'm thinking that we'll know by this time tomorrow. We should be out of our misery soon and back to our old, productive selves!


Hopefully*****

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby tigershark » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:21 pm

K Rock wrote:
Bexy73 wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:Well, work is certainly difficult today.


Yes, it is. I'm right there with you.


I had something important to do for work this morning that I thankfully finished on time. It was nice to have something to take my mind off the bar. Now that that's done though I have been extremely unproductive.


I've been the least productive worker for the past 2 days. I can only imagine I'll be worse tomorrow.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:39 pm

tigershark wrote:
azx860 wrote:Is the C&F meeting just for people with question marks on their application? We shouldn't be concerned not to get a meeting if we already received a certification letter, right?


Also interested in this.


No certification letter here, but no interview either. My previous employer still hasn't verified my employment so I'm hoping that's the only holdup... But it just gives me an extra thing to worry about.

ImSoF-ed
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:35 am

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby ImSoF-ed » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:22 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
tigershark wrote:
azx860 wrote:Is the C&F meeting just for people with question marks on their application? We shouldn't be concerned not to get a meeting if we already received a certification letter, right?


Also interested in this.


No certification letter here, but no interview either. My previous employer still hasn't verified my employment so I'm hoping that's the only holdup... But it just gives me an extra thing to worry about.


I'm in the same boat as you... I haven't gotten a letter or an interview... Hoping there's no correlation

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:29 pm

I. Can't. Even... Just tell me my result already!! Plz?

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby tigershark » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:30 pm

kyle010723 wrote:I. Can't. Even... Just tell me my result already!! Plz?


I think I will actually die if they pull some shit and don't release them tomorrow. Or if they release them and the site goes down (like Indiana this year!)

swimmer11
Posts: 464
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby swimmer11 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:35 pm

tigershark wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:I. Can't. Even... Just tell me my result already!! Plz?


I think I will actually die if they pull some shit and don't release them tomorrow. Or if they release them and the site goes down (like Indiana this year!)


I am already so anxious, I can not imagine having to go through the whole day tomorrow without receiving my results. I would die.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby sdphill » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:42 pm

swimmer11 wrote:
tigershark wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:I. Can't. Even... Just tell me my result already!! Plz?


I think I will actually die if they pull some shit and don't release them tomorrow. Or if they release them and the site goes down (like Indiana this year!)


I am already so anxious, I can not imagine having to go through the whole day tomorrow without receiving my results. I would die.


Luckily, we will likely know by early morning if they will post. In the past, they've posted around 8:30-45 AM that results were going out that day. I would think that they would continue the tradition.

getagrip
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby getagrip » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Just created an account, first time ever posting on TLS.

Just remember--you're all the type of people who will read/post on TLS. I'm guessing a very small part of the 25% that failed the IL Bar Exam are obsessed enough to read this feed.

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby tigershark » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:58 pm

sdphill wrote:
swimmer11 wrote:
tigershark wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:I. Can't. Even... Just tell me my result already!! Plz?


I think I will actually die if they pull some shit and don't release them tomorrow. Or if they release them and the site goes down (like Indiana this year!)


I am already so anxious, I can not imagine having to go through the whole day tomorrow without receiving my results. I would die.


Luckily, we will likely know by early morning if they will post. In the past, they've posted around 8:30-45 AM that results were going out that day. I would think that they would continue the tradition.


Last year they were around 10ish. And I knew people who passed and got theirs around noon last year too.

johnny2
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby johnny2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Does everyones ilbaradmissions.com user homepage allow them to start a new application for the february 16 bar exam? mine does....just hoping that isn't a bad sign...probably looking too far into this ha.

azx860
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby azx860 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:55 pm

johnny2 wrote:Does everyones ilbaradmissions.com user homepage allow them to start a new application for the february 16 bar exam? mine does....just hoping that isn't a bad sign...probably looking too far into this ha.

Where do you see that option?

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:58 pm

johnny2 wrote:Does everyones ilbaradmissions.com user homepage allow them to start a new application for the february 16 bar exam? mine does....just hoping that isn't a bad sign...probably looking too far into this ha.


The start new application button is always there, but I never clicked on it.

johnny2
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby johnny2 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:17 pm

azx860 wrote:
johnny2 wrote:Does everyones ilbaradmissions.com user homepage allow them to start a new application for the february 16 bar exam? mine does....just hoping that isn't a bad sign...probably looking too far into this ha.

Where do you see that option?


On user home page: click start new application: then bar exam: then asked me if I want to start feb 16 bar application...of course I said no

grizz20
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby grizz20 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Re: C&F Letter

This afternoon (9/30) I received a C&F letter from IBAB: "...your application has been recommended for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness...you are under a continuing duty to report...if you do not take your oath within nine months from the date of your recommendation for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness" you need to be re-certified and pay a new fee.

Is this the letter y'all are speaking of?

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:36 pm

grizz20 wrote:Re: C&F Letter

This afternoon (9/30) I received a C&F letter from IBAB: "...your application has been recommended for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness...you are under a continuing duty to report...if you do not take your oath within nine months from the date of your recommendation for certification by the Committee on Character and Fitness" you need to be re-certified and pay a new fee.

Is this the letter y'all are speaking of?


yes

nidan14
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby nidan14 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Yes that's the same letter I received back in May. Nothing since then.

kyle010723
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Postby kyle010723 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:14 am

The day is upon us folks. May the odds be ever in your favor.




Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests