July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
gk101

Gold

Re: July 2015 Illinois Bar Exam

Post by gk101 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:53 pm

Passed. Never got an email though

K Rock

Bronze

Post by K Rock » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:57 pm

gk101 wrote:Passed. Never got an email though
it was in my spam folder

abarrien

New

Post by abarrien » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:18 am

mouse89 wrote:I failed the bar for the second time (February 2015 exam) and someone on a TLS forum told me to not give up when I mentioned that I didn't even know if I wanted to be a lawyer anymore. I found out I passed today. There is no better feeling than ugly crying for a very good reason. To those of you who also passed, congratulations (NO TAKE BACKS ILLINOIS). To those of you who failed... take some time. Go over your score report. Sleep a lot and cry even more. If you don't know if you want to be an attorney in the future, think through your decision and weigh it out. But just know that you can do this, don't let this be the end of reaching your goals. It is possible to pass after failing.

I'm so happy I don't have to look at these forums anymore.
Congratulations, now go kick some ass.

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:38 am

For all the neurotic future IL bar takers, please fucking relax about the process. Do the cheapest course and direct bill that iPad mini if you can. The MBE auto-pass thing is completely legit. I pretty much only studied the MBE subjects and lol at studying state law. I actually had a lot of fun this summer and you should too.

gk101

Gold

Post by gk101 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:38 am

skers wrote:For all the neurotic future IL bar takers, please fucking relax about the process. Do the cheapest course and direct bill that iPad mini if you can. The MBE auto-pass thing is completely legit. I pretty much only studied the MBE subjects and lol at studying state law. I actually had a lot of fun this summer and you should too.
yeah this is credited. I took 3 days off from work to study the CMR outlines for frequently tested state topics. other than that, I only focused on the MBE and it worked out

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Cboyle1215

New

Post by Cboyle1215 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:48 pm

Passed! But unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the swearing in ceremony... Does anyone know what alternative options are available for taking the oath? I emailed the clerk of the court, but all she said was that anyone who doesn't show up will be sent a letter in the mail about what to do... I can sit around and wait for that, but I'm just curious to know what the next step is!

K Rock

Bronze

Post by K Rock » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:57 am

Does anyone know how quickly after the swearing-in ceremony we can get our license if we miss it?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:04 am

For those of us that need their registration number for one reason or another, you can look it up by going to https://www.iardc.org/

Click on lawyer registration, click register online, and click forgot my registration number.

Otherwise they should be sending us a letter in the mail sometime in the near future.

In addition, NDIL is once again offering mass admission to the general bar. Hence why you need to register with the ARDC.

http://www.ilnd.uscourts.gov/home/_asse ... 110315.pdf

nidan14

New

Post by nidan14 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:37 pm

I called the ARDC registration department to confirm that our registration number found through the previously mentioned method is our permanent ARDC number; it is.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

diesel50

New

Post by diesel50 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
cmail000 wrote:
kyle010723 wrote:
cmail000 wrote:Got my results. Passed. Only took the essay part. Still waiting on character and fitness.
Yea? Did you take 2 states or an attorney sitting for IL?
I am already a registered attorney in Florida already
Cool, congrats
Passed but INTENSELY worried about C&F....

Pot possession a month after turning 17 in hs, 4 underages as a freshman in college, (2 of them were in the dorms the first 2 months and getting suspended for a semester) Then got my head on straight and graduated a year early, went straight through to LS (regional T 35) and graduated cum laude with lots of extra currics and legit summer jobs. Looking in chicago. Not even a speeding ticket the last 4 years.

Am i totally Fd?

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:39 am

diesel50 wrote: Passed but INTENSELY worried about C&F....

Pot possession a month after turning 17 in hs, 4 underages as a freshman in college, (2 of them were in the dorms the first 2 months and getting suspended for a semester) Then got my head on straight and graduated a year early, went straight through to LS (regional T 35) and graduated cum laude with lots of extra currics and legit summer jobs. Looking in chicago. Not even a speeding ticket the last 4 years.

Am i totally Fd?
As long as you disclose them, you should be fine. There are a lot worse things than pot and underage drinkings.

K Rock

Bronze

Post by K Rock » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:13 am

diesel50 wrote:
Passed but INTENSELY worried about C&F....

Am i totally Fd?
I think you should be okay? Do have a C & F interview scheduled or anything? Have you talked to anyone about the status of your C & F certification?

hmn006

New

Post by hmn006 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:28 am

skers wrote:For all the neurotic future IL bar takers, please fucking relax about the process. Do the cheapest course and direct bill that iPad mini if you can. The MBE auto-pass thing is completely legit. I pretty much only studied the MBE subjects and lol at studying state law. I actually had a lot of fun this summer and you should too.

I took and passed the California bar. They didn't give us actual scores, but only an advisory; I scaled 150+. If I take the February IL bar, is there a difference with a transferred score versus a score that someone take that day in this "auto-pass" MBE thing?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:37 pm

hmn006 wrote:

I took and passed the California bar. They didn't give us actual scores, but only an advisory; I scaled 150+. If I take the February IL bar, is there a difference with a transferred score versus a score that someone take that day in this "auto-pass" MBE thing?
You have to pass the Illinois-Specific Day independently if you transferred your MBE. I would just recommend that you wait the three-year limit and just waive in after that.

hmn006

New

Post by hmn006 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:55 pm

sdphill wrote:
hmn006 wrote:

You have to pass the Illinois-Specific Day independently if you transferred your MBE. I would just recommend that you wait the three-year limit and just waive in after that.
Thanks for the reply. I saw rule 705, and it says you need 5 years to waive in. Is that the correct rule?

cram1

New

Post by cram1 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:00 pm

hmn006 wrote:
sdphill wrote:
hmn006 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I saw rule 705, and it says you need 5 years to waive in. Is that the correct rule?
Yes, it's 5 out of the past 7 years. Also, if you waive in, you must prove your intent to practice law in Illinois. No such requirement if you take the exam. Just something else to consider if you're not 100% sure you will practice in Illinois.

http://www.multistateedge.com/illinois-bar-exam.shtml
Illinois bar exam reciprocity
In order to be eligible for admission without taking the Illinois Bar Exam, the applicant must be a member of a reciprocating state bar and have engaged in the active practice of law for five of the seven years immediately preceding the application. The applicant must also meet education requirements. The applicant must be a graduate of an ABA-accredited law school and prove intent to practice a minimum of 500 hours annually in Illinois.

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:53 pm

cram1 wrote:
hmn006 wrote:
sdphill wrote:
hmn006 wrote:

Yes, it's 5 out of the past 7 years. Also, if you waive in, you must prove your intent to practice law in Illinois. No such requirement if you take the exam. Just something else to consider if you're not 100% sure you will practice in Illinois.

http://www.multistateedge.com/illinois-bar-exam.shtml
Illinois Bar Exam Reciprocity
In order to be eligible for admission without taking the Illinois Bar Exam, the applicant must be a member of a reciprocating state bar and have engaged in the active practice of law for five of the seven years immediately preceding the application. The applicant must also meet education requirements. The applicant must be a graduate of an ABA-accredited law school and prove intent to practice a minimum of 500 hours annually in Illinois.
Cram, your information is dated.

Starting in January 2016, it will be three years.

Reference: https://www.ilbaradmissions.org/news.action?id=1760

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:48 pm

Can anyone who took the IL bar and passed this July give me some recommendations on how to prioritize my time in the last 2 weeks before the bar exam?

So far I've been sticking strictly to the BarBri schedule because I'm working FT, so I haven't had any time to do extra stuff. I took/passed the CA bar in July so I'm mostly concerned about IL/MEE specific essay topics right now. Which topics should i concentrate my (limited) time on for the next 2 weeks? There are SO many essay questions in the BarBri book that I can't possibly do all of them, so I have to pick and choose.

Any advice would be helpful! So far, I'm going to focus on IL Civil Procedure and Secured Transactions. New topics for me are: ILCP, Secured Transactions, Taxation, Surety, Personal Property, Admin, Conflict of Laws, Family Law, Wills (CA tested this but the # of IL differences makes it fairly different), Commercial Paper.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”